Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rangers mindf***ing Dorion and Mann into taking Boucher and then taking Othmann is one of the greatest 4D Chess moves ever 🤌
Othmann has been nothing special did next to nothing but botch plays getting to ride shot gun with stars, ive watched every game. Thats not the miss here its Sillinger.

those big guys i feel are generally the ones who are growing into their bodies and skating though. Like gangly awkward rookie Brady vs Brady now.

But Boucher is a compact torpedo. He already skates and looks like an NHLer physically, so what does he have to grow into? He should be able to leverage his physicals gifts a lot easier than he is showing now.

we have different expectations for good. no need to bring psychological analysis into it.
He definitely hasnt peaked physically. But if this is the new narrative you need to push go for it.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
those big guys i feel are generally the ones who are growing into their bodies and skating though. Like gangly awkward rookie Brady vs Brady now.

But Boucher is a compact torpedo. He already skates and looks like an NHLer physically, so what does he have to grow into? He should be able to leverage his physicals gifts a lot easier than he is showing now.

we have different expectations for good. no need to bring psychological analysis into it.

The notion that Boucher is some kind of humongous human being is perplexing. He's 20 years old and is a very early bloomer. If you look at the average size of an NHL player, he's exactly average. It's not as if he's a 6 foot 6 giant that has some filling out to do. Chances are that he's playing at the same size he will be in 5 years.

I've seen people compare him to Tage Thompson, lol. Boucher is only big when compared to the kids he's playing against, and that size advantage isn't doing anything for his production. What's going to happen when he's of average size?

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The notion that

The notion that Boucher is some kind of humongous human being is perplexing. He's 20 years old and is a very early bloomer. If you look at the average size of an NHL player, he's exactly average. It's not as if he's a 6 foot 6 giant that has some filling out to do. Chances are that he's playing at the same size he will be in 5 years.

I've seen people compare him to Tage Thompson, lol. Boucher is only big when compared to the kids he's playing against, and that size advantage isn't doing anything for his production. What's going to happen when he's of average size?

Its not that hes a monster of a human being in terms of his physical size. Its that hes extremely strong - which is not something you can gauge simply by looking at someone's height and weight. Are they 200lbs of softish fat, or are they made from pure muscle?

This is why you are so perplexed and confused.

Mark Borowiecki was famously known as being one of the most physically intimidating/aggressive/hardest hitting players during his time in the AHL (arguably a tougher league than the NHL). I know this because I know a few guys that played in the AHL for other teams during that same time as him, and I can promise you, he was very feared.

Borocop is 6'1" and 205lbs. Chris Neil was 6'2" and 210lbs - he was at many times our "heavyweight" fighter, and at all times he was the hardest hitting and most physical player in Senators history. Tyler Boucher is 19yrs old and hes already 6'1" and a "ripped" 205lbs of pure muscle.

So what exactly are you droning on about then anyways?

Last edited:

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Othmann has been nothing special did next to nothing but botch plays getting to ride shot gun with stars, ive watched every game. Thats not the miss here its Sillinger.

I didn't think anybody in that range of the draft showed particularly well at this tournament. I certainly didn't come away feeling like we really missed out on Othmann, Lucius, Lysell or Rosen.

Reactions: DrEasy

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
You got their heights and weights backwards I think

Point being is that were splitting some hairs here if we want to pretend that Boucher is not capcable of playing the style he likes to play due to his size.

Hes the same size as two of the hardest hitters ever to wear a Sens jersey.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

He definitely hasnt peaked physically. But if this is the new narrative you need to push go for it.
not saying he has peaked physically but he's not some weak physically raw uncoordinated type that many of those bigger late bloomers are.

Its not that hes a monster of a human being in terms of his physical size. Its that hes extremely strong - which is not something you can gauge simply by looking at someone's height and weight. Are they 200lbs of softish fat, or are they made from pure muscle?

This is why you are so perplexed and confused.

Mark Borowiecki was famously known as being one of the most physically intimidating/aggressive/hardest hitting players during his time in the AHL (arguably a tougher league than the NHL). I know this because I know a few guys that played in the AHL for other teams during that same time as him, and I can promise you, he was very feared.

Borocop is 6'1" and 205lbs. Chris Neil was 6'2" and 210lbs - he was at many times our "heavyweight" fighter, and at all times he was the hardest hitting and most physical player in Senators history. Tyler Boucher is 19yrs old and hes already 6'1" and a "ripped" 205lbs of pure muscle.

So what exactly are you droning on about then anyways?

You are proving his point.

A "ripped" 6 ft 1 205 pound of "pure muscle" Tyler Boucher should be dominating teenagers.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Did he come out on the ice to get his medal?
Yes, but . . . in a suit.

Point being is that were splitting some hairs here if we want to pretend that Boucher is not capcable of playing the style he likes to play due to his size.

Hes the same size as two of the hardest hitters ever to wear a Sens jersey.
same size as Chara?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Just in time for Giroux to be retiring or near finishing up his career.

In 3-4 years, Boucher will make the team as a 23-24 year old hard hitting RW on our second line
No, Doubt that ever happens on a regular basis.

Boucher will never replace the skills and production that Giroux provides either directly or indirectly.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Rangers mindf***ing Dorion and Mann into taking Boucher and then taking Othmann is one of the greatest 4D Chess moves ever 🤌
I think Dorion and Mann FUPed it entirely on their own. The Rangers reference was a comment made after the draft as an explanation/defence for taking him because there were no valid reasons for doing so.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I'm embarrassed for you guys and your unhealthy obsession with this player/the pick.

f***ing Dorion and Mann are living rent free in your heads and it's hilarious because it clearly drives you guys bonkers.

Have fun with that.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Just keep on working on that niche Bouch. Net front presence on PP2. Fast, hard-forecheking, physical, good teammate, get a few dirty goals here and there, and don't be an issue defensively and I'm happy. If he can be this player on a nice cheap contract for his 20's I'll be a happy camper with Mr. Bouch. He'll have a defined role and be a niche player for us and I'm okay with that from a 1st round pick. (Internally though, yes, the pick still hurts.)

Anyone expecting him to replace players on the top-6 is a little much. He should be focusing on replacing guys like Kelly, Gambrell, Kasty and guys of that ilk.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Just keep on working on that niche Bouch. Net front presence on PP2. Fast, hard-forecheking, physical, good teammate, get a few dirty goals here and there, and don't be an issue defensively and I'm happy. If he can be this player on a nice cheap contract for his 20's I'll be a happy camper with Mr. Bouch. He'll have a defined role and be a niche player for us and I'm okay with that from a 1st round pick. (Internally though, yes, the pick still hurts.)

Anyone expecting him to replace players on the top-6 is a little much. He should be focusing on replacing guys like Kelly, Gambrell, Kasty and guys of that ilk.
That's about the gist of it.

Reactions: bert

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I continue to say that Boucher likely ends up on the bottom six who can move up if there are injuries. He is the kind of guy that will brng energy to the group with a big hit that hopefully gets them back into a game. Expecting big pts is unrealistic because he isn't a big point producer & never has been although he has an NHL shot. Ottawa has several guys on the team now who rarely score & are there mostly as energy guys.

He's solid on his skates & will be one of those guys other teams will need to know when he is on the ice or he will hurt you. Ottawa could have 3 to 5 very hard hitting guys some day in Ostapchuk, Boucher, Kleven, Kastelic & Tkachuk, they are going to be a tough team to play against.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm embarrassed for you guys and your unhealthy obsession with this player/the pick.

f***ing Dorion and Mann are living rent free in your heads and it's hilarious because it clearly drives you guys bonkers.

Have fun with that.
Why don't you outline the perfect discussion thread for us or even better share your opinion on the subject matter.
Posting about other posters should be banned. Its embarrassing and its really flaming those you are attacking,
Particularly when you pick several threads to do it.
Maybe this isn't the place for you.

Reactions: Cosmix and OD99

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

And with his more unique skillset, that could be an important niche. A lot of teams want fast, hardnosed players in their bottom 6 who have a hard wrister.

kdot222

Apr 7, 2013
Boucher was one of the worst picks in history. His stats this year, D+1, wouldn’t warrant him being a first or even second round pick.

It happens! But trying to defend the pick is just insane. Take the homer eyes off and appreciate the absolute smashes we’ve had in the draft outside of this kid

Reactions: jhutter

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I continue to say that Boucher likely ends up on the bottom six who can move up if there are injuries. He is the kind of guy that will brng energy to the group with a big hit that hopefully gets them back into a game. Expecting big pts is unrealistic because he isn't a big point producer & never has been although he has an NHL shot. Ottawa has several guys on the team now who rarely score & are there mostly as energy guys.

He's solid on his skates & will be one of those guys other teams will need to know when he is on the ice or he will hurt you. Ottawa could have 3 to 5 very hard hitting guys some day in Ostapchuk, Boucher, Kleven, Kastelic & Tkachuk, they are going to be a tough team to play against.
Hit hard with a purpose and don't be a liability defensively.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
not saying he has peaked physically but he's not some weak physically raw uncoordinated type that many of those bigger late bloomers are.

You are proving his point.

A "ripped" 6 ft 1 205 pound of "pure muscle" Tyler Boucher should be dominating teenagers.
Thank you. I didn't realize it was that difficult to grasp.

What exactly is his skill set? Is it unique because it doesn't exist?
And with his more unique skillset, that could be an important niche. A lot of teams want fast, hardnosed players in their bottom 6 who have a hard wrister.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Why don't you outline the perfect discussion thread for us or even better share your opinion on the subject matter.
Posting about other posters should be banned. Its embarrassing and its really flaming those you are attacking,
Particularly when you pick several threads to do it.
Maybe this isn't the place for you.

Lmao relax, please. And Im good thanks. Lets not pretend like your a bunch of victims now either. If you cant take a different opinion then keep your thoughts to yourself.

Feel free to talk about whatever you like here - and when its something like moaning and groaning for 50+ pages about a pick from 2 years ago - expect to get laughed at by the more reasonable thinking minds around here.

Im free to laugh as much as you are free to whine. Its a 2 way street.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Thank you. I didn't realize it was that difficult to grasp.

What exactly is his skill set? Is it unique because it doesn't exist?

Fast and imposing with tenacity and NHL calibre shot. During the WJC and OHL I have seen him fly across the wing knocking down defenders as he skates by them. His not so great IQ doesn't lead to much, though.

A legit reservation is his injury-proneness with that style of play as well.

Reactions: bert and jhutter

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lmao relax, please. And Im good thanks. Lets not pretend like your a bunch of victims now either.

Feel free to talk about whatever you like here - and when its something like moaning and groaning for 50+ pages about a pick from 2 years ago - expect to get laughed at by the more reasonable thinking minds around here.

Im free to laugh as much as you are free to whine. Its a 2 way street.
I'm good with that carry on lol

Reactions: Samsquanch

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Fast and imposing with tenacity and NHL calibre shot. During the WJC and OHL I have seen him fly across the wing knocking down defenders as he skates by them. His not so great IQ doesn't lead to much, though.

A legit reservation is his injury-proneness with that style of play as well.
Looking at his goal scoring totals, I'm not sure he has an NHL-calibre shot. A third of his goals this season are empty netters, and he had 7 goals in 24 games last year. This is against players as young as 16 while playing in a man's body. I just don't see it, and every conceivable statistic backs that up.

I think the only thing unique about his skill set is that it's so thin for a guy selected at 10 OA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad