Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm expecting a 6'1, 210lb Parker Kelly out of Boucher - gritty 4th line RW that makes big hits and can score the odd goal with a powerful shot.
I am hoping Boucher becomes more than a 4th line hustling physical player; however, my expectations are not high. So far, I have not seen a lot of hustle from Boucher.

Reactions: bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I am hoping Boucher becomes more than a 4th line hustling physical player; however, my expectations are not high. So far, I have not seen a lot of hustle from Boucher.
He was good in the loss Friday. Didn’t watch today

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I feel like the title of this thread needs to change.

I think we NEED to sleep on Boucher for a year or two. Come back then and see what he's become.

I was saying that last year.

This kid is going to have a long developmental path. We need to forget about him for a couple years and let him develop in peace. Kid doesn't need the extra pressure. It's going to be hard enough to overcome what amounts to about 2 lost developmental years already.

I think we're all hoping that.

But realistically, his baseline is as a 4th line guy. Anything more than that should be looked at as a nice bonus.

Reactions: Cosmix

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Yes to Drysdale
To soon to say on Sillinger but clearly trending No.
Agreed on both fronts but CBJ will also be asking "was it 'wrong' to prefer X over Sillinger?". Right now, X may be Wyatt Johnson. I am sure a lot of teams are questioning what they missed in JJ Moser. Is 6'5 RD Jack Matier about to go PPG + as a U20 player 2 years after being drafted in the 4th round? Just the way it goes, especially in that year.

If Boucher is a career or decade-long Senator, battling from the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines while we compete, I think we will all find it hard to question the pick. At this point, that's all we can hope for.

That's not to say that we can't question the Sens drafting or player evaluation... but I don't think "he wasn't BPA" is a fair argument to evaluate on. Maybe there is a Kucherov-level player lurking in the mid-rounds of the 2020 draft... maybe it's even Peterka! Doesn't mean we blew it on Stutzle, Sanderson, Greig, Jarventie, Sokolov, etc.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Any word on the player Boucher hit, that was stretchered off the ice?
Hopefully OK.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Up to 7 goals now. Last yr hit 7 goals in 24 games. This year 9 games.
Just has to keep at it putting everything together.

Berri UQAM

Apr 15, 2022
Any word on the player Boucher hit, that was stretchered off the ice?
Hopefully OK.
I heard on the Team 1200 that he was giving the thumbs up on his way off the ice. I hope that he is alright and recovering well.

Also, listening to the Team 1200, I got the impression that the aftermath of the hit was so awful that no reasonable person would want to witness it.

At the same time, this event shows how Boucher's hitting can be impactful, for lack of a better word.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
You don’t have to search my post history, but I have been preaching patience. Boucher is a longer term prospect, but he will be an NHLer for sure. Hope he can curve out a top-9 role, his shot is pretty lethal and he can pass (maybe lacks playmaking vision but that’s something that improves with experience). We all know about his physicality. A potential power forward in the making.

Reactions: bert and Berri UQAM

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I heard on the Team 1200 that he was giving the thumbs up on his way off the ice. I hope that he is alright and recovering well.

Also, listening to the Team 1200, I got the impression that the aftermath of the hit was so awful that no reasonable person would want to witness it.

At the same time, this event shows how Boucher's hitting can be impactful, for lack of a better word.
If Team 1200 said that, based on what we see in the video, then they have not seen the most devastating hits in the NHL.

Yes to Drysdale, no to Sillinger.
Was it “obvious” at the the time?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If Team 1200 said that, based on what we see in the video, then they have not seen the most devastating hits in the NHL.

For me it was, at least in my rankings.
It was the coach that said , and he is playing in junior not the NHL. The coach has coached in the NHL.
Did Tyler steal your dog, you seem really upset.

Berri UQAM

Apr 15, 2022

They were talking about the things that happened after the video clip ends. The injured player was having seizures and people were worried about him. It sounded like there was a lot of panic.

Reactions: Golden_Jet and bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There wasn't much to the hit, unless Boucher slew footed him.
I think he just went down awkward and hit his head on the ice, I could be wrong but the hit itself didn't look bad at all. Hard to tell from a cell phone recording of a guy watching his TV.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
depends I guess, who you ask
So many freaked over Brady pick, Sanderson pick, and they were obviously wrong.
Brady and Sanderson were ranked high by almost every reputable scouting staff and Brady was going to go near where he did same with Sanderson

Boucher is a straight up Brian Lee move where the team thought they knew something that no one else did. Its okay to think that but its also okay to rip the team for what seems like an obvious mistake today.

having a guy like Sillinger would make a defensemen deal so much easier.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Ad

Ad