Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
It's indicative of sample size.

Sure. It wasn't a good year for Boucher.

Might want to recount those years. Dubinsky played one more season of junior and one in the AHL before he was a full time NHL player.

Not the worst part of the season's just the start of their season. Of course they had played multiple season in their respective leagues before that.

Not trying to advance the notion that Boucher will be good. I believe he has the potential to be, though it's a long road ahead.

Aside from injuries what was wrong with his draft year?

How are they not coming together? Sure the results over a small sample they didn't yield results. My point being I don't think it's indicative of future results. I think it would be ten weeks in 2004 btw.

You don't see him projecting to the NHL based on his 0.58 PPG in the OHL for his D+1 season. Is Andrew's Ladd 0.69 PPG in his D+1 season the difference between 0 NHL games and 1000 NHL games?
Ladd was over ppg at world juniors, did much better than Boucher's full season and then went straight to the nhl the next season.

Again in your response you conveniently avoid his disastrous college experience.

I dont really know how to participate in these bizarre comps.

There are often exceptions to the rule but looking at his (actual full entire complete) D1 season, he is not currently projecting as an nhler.

Your comps are so strange to me, I really don't know what to say other than this.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ladd was over ppg at world juniors, did much better than Boucher's full season and then went straight to the nhl the next season.

Again in your response you conveniently avoid his disastrous college experience.

I dont really know how to participate in these bizarre comps.

There are often exceptions to the rule but looking at his (actual full entire complete) D1 season, he is not currently projecting as an nhler.

Your comps are so strange to me, I really don't know what to say other than this.

Probably because they aren’t comparisons. Comparisons between production levels is a futile exercise.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Probably because they aren’t comparisons. Comparisons between production levels is a futile exercise.
Completely disagree again. But if you feel that way, no need to debate the names you're pulling out of that hat.

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
Listen, guys, I think the best comparable is Mario Lemieux. He scored 282 points with Laval in the Q in his draft year. Boucher didn't really have a draft year because of the pandemic but he did 17 points in his D+1. But then that was only 41 games whereas Mario had 70 games so we're already at 29 points prorated. Then you just multiply that by 10 to account for his amazing wrist shot and the fact that he didn't score as much because he was "playing the right way" and you have seasons that can rightly be compared based on...

...some of you need to get a grip.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
It sometimes feels like a women are from Venus and men are from Mars thing.

Some are saying he has some great tools we drafted because we think we can develop him. Although he hasnt the size of, and so isnt at all like Tom Wilson, there are similarties possible in their longish development paths. He had such a tough year it has thrown off his development so its not meaningful to say he should be on such and such a pace in this year.

And then we hear he's nothing like Wilson and his stats show he is not on pace to make it.

I think he\s got a chance to turn into a real great piece for us. Or like many draft picks he may not. Its the journey starting now that is the meaningful part to me.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I think #12 pick Boldy started his post draft NCAA seasons absolute trash as well. 3 points or something in the first 15 games. but he was an absolute star at every level otherwise and evident Stone level hockey IQ when you saw him play. Already a star in his rookie NHL season as well.

so i guess sort of the same but not really.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Some are saying he has some great tools we drafted because we think we can develop him. Although he hasnt the size of, and so isnt at all like Tom Wilson, there are similarties possible in their longish development paths. He had such a tough year it has thrown off his development so its not meaningful to say he should be on such and such a pace in this year.

And then we hear he's nothing like Wilson and his stats show he is not on pace to make it.

I think he\s got a chance to turn into a real great piece for us. Or like many draft picks he may not. Its the journey starting now that is the meaningful part to me.

After a thorough review.. I am getting the impression of a harder hitting version of Gordie Howe.

Reactions: Bileur and aragorn

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
FFS, I can’t believe all the arguing over a teenager. People calling this kid a bust and he’s just a kid. Calm the f*** down.

Reactions: aragorn

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Best thing for everyone is to forget the kid exists for awhile. Fast forward to 2025 and see where he's at then. He might turn into something...he might not. But it's going to take a long time (in prospect time) to see what he turns into.

It's one thing to stand at the stove and monitor some frying eggs...but you don't need to stand at the counter and watch those chunks of meat and veggies you just tossed into the slow cooker for stew. The wait will drive ya nuts.

Reactions: Bileur

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Best thing for everyone is to forget the kid exists for awhile. Fast forward to 2025 and see where he's at then. He might turn into something...he might not. But it's going to take a long time (in prospect time) to see what he turns into.

It's one thing to stand at the stove and monitor some frying eggs...but you don't need to stand at the counter and watch those chunks of meat and veggies you just tossed into the slow cooker for stew. The wait will drive ya nuts.

No reason to forget any prospect for a few years … I bet he’s in the NHL long before 2025…

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
By all accounts, Boucher will return to the 67's this year.
Like most on here, I will be following him closely this year.
That said, I am curious to get an idea of how good the 67's will be this year.

With a .478 winning percentage in 21-22 and in following them a bit, I know that they were very inconsistent.
Looked good for 5 games or so and then fall apart for the next 5 games.

It looks like they will have a fair number of solid returning players in Rohrer, Jack Beck, Cam Tolnai, Brady Stonehouse, Jack Matier and then the addition of first round pick Henry Mews.

Can anyone tell me if they are expected to make some noise this year or will they be more of a middle of the road team?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
No reason to forget any prospect for a few years … I bet he’s in the NHL long before 2025…

He might make it (as the org will try their darndest to push him up), but currently I doubt he sticks. Let's see how he does in the O this year.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
People were high on Brown for longer because he clearly had a high end skill set and tools, It was just that injuries f***ed his development up. Same with guys like Cowen and Weircioch who were decent at first and tanked after their injuries. These guys had actually done things for people to be high on them.

Boucher on the other hand has really done nothing to bolster his stock so far.
I’m not really high on Boucher but I’ve got more hope that Boucher contributes to the Sens than I ever had for Brown. Brown was a guy who screamed entitlement and never showed desire or work ethic. Hated that pick when it was made.

Reactions: DJB and aragorn

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

He's just like Tom Wilson, except for the fact that he's smaller, isn't as tough, doesn't have the same offensive skills, has had a less successful junior/international career, is far less handsome, etc.

Reactions: Cosmix

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He's just like Tom Wilson, except for the fact that he's smaller, isn't as tough, doesn't have the same offensive skills, has had a less successful junior/international career, is far less handsome, etc.

DISAGREE. They are in the same dreamboat level.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
After a thorough review.. I am getting the impression of a harder hitting version of Gordie Howe.
I remember watching Gordie play, live at the arena.

I’m not really high on Boucher but I’ve got more hope that Boucher contributes to the Sens than I ever had for Brown. Brown was a guy who screamed entitlement and never showed desire or work ethic. Hated that pick when it was made.
Dorion had a . . .

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I met Gordie Howe at a dinner at the arena before a game, forget why he was there though, he was pretty old at that point.
I met Gordie at a bar called the Original 6 that Liam McGuire owned back in the day. Book signing evening for a book called After the Applause. Eddie Shack, Gump Worsley and and and I want to say one of the Richards was there. Geezus I'm getting old, I can't remember the 4th guy there. I have the book signed by the 4 of them... Fu$k who is the 4th?. Getting old sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad