Two USHL joining the OHL

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Burlington is in the process of approving a new development in the west end of their city, with the QEW right beside it, and they plan to include an OHL sized building.

Burlington would be interesting but would Hamilton fans go to Burlington and vacate their support for Brantford? I think they would need that to happen. I am not sure Oakville would be enough of a catchment to work. Thoughts?

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Burlington would be interesting but would Hamilton fans go to Burlington and vacate their support for Brantford? I think they would need that to happen. I am not sure Oakville would be enough of a catchment to work. Thoughts?
Are Hamilton fans actually going to Brantford to watch games?

I could see Burlington working, Mike Farwell commented that he thinks Burlington, Chatham, Cornwall and Belleville should all be welcomed into the fray with an expansion team

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

I could see Burlington working, Mike Farwell commented that he thinks Burlington, Chatham, Cornwall and Belleville should all be welcomed into the fray with an expansion team

I do think many Bulldog fans followed them to Brantford. It is not like Brantford is a long drive. Assuming you are not driving form downtown Hamilton and you are closer to Ancaster, I think you are looking at a 30 minute drive.

Brantford fans can comment though.

One of Belleville or Cornwall needs to join the league to keep five teams east of Toronto for a divisional alignment that makes sense.

Reactions: Jawk and Helvigster

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
I think as long as Andlauer owns the team and there's still remnants of people in the organization from the Hamilton years still working in Brantford, the fans in Hamilton will likely still support the Bulldogs. I severely doubt that many people here would drop their allegiance to go and cheer for a Burlington-based OHL team, especially if the rumours of OVG wanting to land an AHL team to be put in the newly-renovated Hamilton arena are true.

I'm sure Burlington will be able to draw on their own just fine with considerations to their population count. They won't need Hamilton to help with fan support, and they might not need Oakville either.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
New home for Brampton or an expansion team
The only issue is from start to finish the entire project is expected to take 10 years. So the question is, will the arena be in phase 1? Or later in the timeline.
I'd continue to go to Brantford. I'm not sure what other hardcover would do. I expect Brantford may lose some of the Hamilton people when Hamilton gets an AHL team.

FYI, Hamilton Bulldogs season holders was <1000. I'm not even sure how many went to Brantford. Maybe 500 at absolute most.

I have had seasons since 17/18. I made the move to Brantford, for the original 3 year commitment, and will be staying there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad