OT: TV & Movie Suggestions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Funny you mention that. I watched “Friday The 13th Part VII: New Blood” this weekend and found out it was originally supposed to be Freddy vs Jason. But because Paramount and New Line couldn’t come to an agreement (likely $)… they cancelled it and ended up re-writing it. They wanted to do Jason vs somebody, so came up with a teenage girl who has telekinesis. i.e. Carrie vs Terminator, essentially.

Even crazier? After the original Freddy vs Jason idea was cancelled, Paramount realized they had the rights to Cheech and Chong. So they came up with Cheech and Chong Meet Jason, influenced by Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. How weird would that have been? LOL

It's funny, because I also watched New Blood on friday. I figured the girl was supposed to be Carrie. But imagine Cheech and Chong with Jason? :D Damn that would be fun from hell.

Now since the lawsuit has been settled, I hope we are going to get another few Jason movies. If I remember correctly, a TV series is already in the works.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
It's funny, because I also watched New Blood on friday. I figured the girl was supposed to be Carrie. But imagine Cheech and Chong with Jason? :D Damn that would be fun from hell.

Now since the lawsuit has been settled, I hope we are going to get another few Jason movies. If I remember correctly, a TV series is already in the works.
It’s hard to trust any information on the new TV series because it keeps changing and people keep being fired. But one rumor is it’s supposed to come out Oct 2025.

Another Friday The 13th trivia tidbit that I found out. Jason’s father was supposed to be introduced at the end of Part VI. But the producers ended up cutting it and using the alternate ending instead. That blew my mind… there’s been no mention of his father in the entire franchise.

Reactions: UFO

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
It’s hard to trust any information on the new TV series because it keeps changing and people keep being fired. But one rumor is it’s supposed to come out Oct 2025.

Another Friday The 13th trivia tidbit that I found out. Jason’s father was supposed to be introduced at the end of Part VI. But the producers ended up cutting it and using the alternate ending instead. That blew my mind… there’s been no mention of his father in the entire franchise.
You are right, we never get to hear from his father. I'd love to see another part at the movies. Even though I'm not very fond of the remake, it was cool to see Jason on the big screen.

Reactions: drumzan

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Completely unwatchable. The food even looks like shit.
I am halfway through episode 1. I loved the first 2 seasons but episode 1 seems like an indulgent train wreck. It's like a clip show with the same backing track droning on in the background and I hate it.

Please tell me it gets better?

Reactions: Channelcat

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
I am halfway through episode 1. I loved the first 2 seasons but episode 1 seems like an indulgent train wreck. It's like a clip show with the same backing track droning on in the background and I hate it.

Please tell me it gets better?
Absolutely loved it. And the Trent Reznor soundscape was beautifully hypnotic.

Reactions: jungles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad