OT: TV & Movie Suggestions

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Somewhat disappointed in the 3rd season of The Bear, after 2 stellar seasons.

They get away from the simple aspects of the show that I enjoyed most; which is the evolution of Ritchie and the success of the restaurant.

There are a couple of decent episodes but not enough revolved around the restaurant daily grind and the interactions between the team, which is when the show is at its best.
Completely agree

It almost felt like they're trying too hard to be what people were saying it is, instead of just being it

I realize that that doesn't make a ton of sense, but I'm not sure how else to say it

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I get exactly what you are saying. Show became a bit pretentious.
I can see how season 3 wouldn't be to everyone's taste (pun intended), especially people who prefer action and fast-moving plots. It seems like the creators decided to take a break from the plot and devote the season to character development, which surprised me at first. Then it felt like being in the middle of a beautifully crafted novel, that had slowed down, but was necessary to tell the whole story. So, I'm not judging this book till the end, but so far I've been thoroughly impressed on many levels.

Reactions: imec and John Agar

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I can see how season 3 wouldn't be to everyone's taste (pun intended), especially people who prefer action and fast-moving plots. It seems like the creators decided to take a break from the plot and devote the season to character development, which surprised me at first. Then it felt like being in the middle of a beautifully crafted novel, that had slowed down, but was necessary to tell the whole story. So, I'm not judging this book till the end, but so far I've been thoroughly impressed on many levels.

As someone who lived intensely through the environments they are depicting...

I get emotional watching them...

I have witnesses on this board to my merciless nature...

@Eyeseeing ... @Mud Turtle ... @buggs ...

I can be an SOB on anyone... and I don't take it lightly... It's who I am...

Excellence is a precarious choice... it's a cul du sac... it's hell on earth...

Season 3 as they focus on the individuals may seem disconnected to you...

But they hit home to a man that sacrificed himself for everyone else for years towards expressing the absolutes of excellence to others... and they learned... and they carry on excellence... and the people that trust them... will carry on long after they are gone... and long after I am gone...

It's the best drug on earth...

It's not for everyone...

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
I'm in the process of buying the x-files (11 seasons). I buy the dvd's when I find cheap used ones. I only need seasons 8 to 11 now. IMO x-files and original Twilight Zone were the best sci-fi series ever on tv. I haven't started watching yet as I want to have all seasons in my collection before I start.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We watched "Horizon" last night

I grew up watching Spaghetti Westerns and really enjoyed it. It came across as a movie that could have been made 30 years ago

Thx Buff'...

I'll give this a chance... starving for some good Spag'...

The movie bombed in ratings... but given the vacuous nature of the "reality show" generation...

It's very possible it offended the veneer thin soulless...

Thx 'dog...

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffdog

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
When you're done, you may enjoy this similar series which is set in the chronically depressed city of Liverpool.

Thanks we will check it out.

Just finished Blue Lights S2 and enjoyed it very much, as good as the first season. Sounds like the series has been approved for another 2 seasons

Reactions: imec

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
Only two more sleeps ..
1722358184439.png

Reactions: ps241

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Couple of recommendations:

Colin From Accounts is a hilarious comedy from Australia. If your looking for some laughs, highly recommend it. You can stream it free on CBC streaming.

Just started Average Joe, dark action comedy loosly based off a true story. If you like Fargo you will like this show. Been very good through 5 episodes:

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Somewhat disappointed in the 3rd season of The Bear, after 2 stellar seasons.

They get away from the simple aspects of the show that I enjoyed most; which is the evolution of Ritchie and the success of the restaurant.

There are a couple of decent episodes but not enough revolved around the restaurant daily grind and the interactions between the team, which is when the show is at its best.
Completely unwatchable. The food even looks like shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad