OT: TV & Movie Suggestions

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
For folks who haven't watched The Last of Us, I can certainly recommend it (so far after 3 episodes).

I had only played a little of the game, and my wife is not a gamer nor someone who likes horror/zombie shows and she really likes it as well.

Personally, I think episode 3 might have been the highest level of television I have ever watched. Everything from the writing, acting, music, etc. Hard to believe that two characters you just meet could provide so much emotion.

Reactions: Channelcat

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watched the “Pale Blue Eye” on Netflix and found it interesting. Slow developing story but well acted and a solid plot.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
The third and final series of "Happy Valley" is sensational - brilliant performance by Sarah Lancashire. Lots of thrills.

"Cunk on Earth" is piss your pants funny.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Now into season 3 of Better Call Saul and it’s gaining steam. I love the heavier overlap parts with BB on the drug side but Saul is a beauty.

Edit update: In season 5 now and like the character developments of both Mike and Saul (Jimmy). They don’t dumb down their characters.

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Succession final season kicked off last night, decent episode.

Enjoyed Your Honor, with Brian Cranston. Similar theme to Breaking Bad, what would you do to protect your family.

Really enjoyed Poker Face. Kinda felt like Columbo meets Twilight Zone.

There is an underlying story to the series but each episode could be watched by themselves without following the main story.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
I was a bit reluctant as I thought they'd surely jump the shark in the second season but, having watched it to the end of season two, I'm recommending the Gangs of London series. Not for the squeamish - these guys make the Peaky Blinders look like the Irish Rovers - but if you can look past the outrageous amount of gratuitous violence and the implausibility of horrendous gang shootouts that seem to go unnoticed by the local constabulary, this series is well written and well acted with more twists than the Royal America Shows Wild Mouse. The ending just blew me away.

Reactions: John Agar

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Enjoyed the first season of Perry Mason.
Really enjoyed the second season for The Bear
Disappointed in the final season of Succession
Bupkis with Pete Davidson has been surprisingly good and funny.

Reactions: John Agar and ps241

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
So, who do people think is the better grunter... Roy Kent or Geralt of Rivia? I mean, for sheer gruffness I think you gotta give the nod to Roy but there's something to be said for Geralt's being more... I don't know, nuanced? :nod:

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
So, who do people think is the better grunter... Roy Kent or Geralt of Rivia? I mean, for sheer gruffness I think you gotta give the nod to Roy but there's something to be said for Geralt's being more... I don't know, nuanced? :nod:

Don’t forget Alfie Solomons.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Didn't realize The Bear was on again!
Agree about the last season of Succession but I liked the ending if that makes sense? I don't like too many endings to series at all...hardly ever.

Reactions: MrBoJangelz71

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Don’t forget Alfie Solomons.
Peaky Blinders is still on my To Be Watched list but thanks for the heads up. Any other grunters of note? At some point, I may start an OT poll. Note: Pro tennis players are disqualified from consideration... just because... :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: imec

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I finally got around to watching the 2nd season of The Bear…

@ps241 had asked me in a PM whether or not I had nightmares from some of the episodes in the 1st Season… I replied I hadn’t, just really appreciated the real takes from that life as I had lived it at a high level…

I don’t mind saying the 2nd season blew Me away… stirred up real emotion… the story telling and individuals perspectives reminded me of so many events from My career in so many ways… from personal life… the sacrifices… feeling different and thriving on it… the striving… the day to day lifting and building others up…

I hadn’t missed it… my career as “The Kahuna” …but I did over and over because of that 2nd season…

If you’ve spent time in the business for some years and was elevated…. watch… spectacular stuff…

Heartache in a good way… I miss the intensity… the no prisoners striving for excellence every day… the breaking down and building up others towards their excellence… everyone’s success… and witnessing growth in the maturity and strength of others…

:thumbu:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

@ps241 had asked me in a PM whether or not I had nightmares from some of the episodes in the 1st Season… I replied I hadn’t, just really appreciated the real takes from that life as I had lived it at a high level…

I don’t mind saying the 2nd season blew Me away… stirred up real emotion… the story telling and individuals perspectives reminded me of so many events from My career in so many ways… from personal life… the sacrifices… feeling different and thriving on it… the striving… the day to day lifting and building others up…

I hadn’t missed it… my career as “The Kahuna” …but I did over and over because of that 2nd season…

If you’ve spent time in the business for some years and was elevated…. watch… spectacular stuff…

Heartache in a good way… I miss the intensity… the no prisoners striving for excellence every day… the breaking down and building up others towards their excellence… everyone’s success… and witnessing growth in the maturity and strength of others…

Yea no other series, movie, or TV show that I have seen comes anywhere near this one for capturing the all encompassing life style of the business (I am two episodes into season 2).

What I related to most is Carmy’s complete obsession with the business and how he has no work life balance. That was me from ages 21 to 49.

R Zardo

Oct 4, 2022

every episode in both seasons has been great. This show is special.

Reactions: John Agar and ps241

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

Thanks for sharing!

Found season 2 to be very emotional as it was intense, and I never worked in the industry.

Ritchies evolution in season 2 was my favorite part, loved the way they developed his character from the first season to the next.

The Christmas episode was possibly the most intense thing I ever watched on TV where no one dies. Jamie Lee Curtis, John Mulaney and Bob Odenkirk were excellent in it.

Simple holiday dinner that was a freight train running off the tracks from the get go. The tension was insane

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Christmas episode was possibly the most intense thing I ever watched on TV where no one dies. Jamie Lee Curtis, John Mulaney and Bob Odenkirk were excellent in it.

Simple holiday dinner that was a freight train running off the tracks from the get go. The tension was insane
The best episode of the series so far.

Quite the endorsement...:laugh:
It's kind of an inside joke but it is the highest endorsement I can give.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad