Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - V - warning in OP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Rask is currently 13th of the playoff goalies in s%. Behind him are all the eliminated goalies, plus Andersen being dragged down by his blowout losses.

Rask is 12th in GAA at 2.90 which is up from his regular season average of 2.36

So do we think Rask can be better? Well yeah. It would be weird if this was good enough frankly.

Reactions: GloveSave1

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Rask usually comes back big time after a game that he got pulled,,,
Lets Go Bruins Lets Go
I wanna hear the tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuka chant at the AC

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
The first goal wasn't his fault, he stopped the initial attempt on the wrap-around, Brown got his stick on it and knocked it out of mid-air. If anyone blame the D for not tying up Brown in front.

The 4th goal by JVR was all skill and you give a guy that good in tight that much time, nothing Rask could do. That's on the PK.

The D let Johannson in behind them and Kadri made a great play to get it to him. A great puck pickup by Johansson to corral that pass and make a play on it. That's a 50/50 scoring chance.

I thought the goal by Bozak could of been stopped. That was the killer goal and hurt Boston's momentum. If I can hang Rask out to dry on any goal, it was this one. Was a good scoring chance, but that was a stoppable shot, Bozak didn't get everything on it.

On the first goal, Krug blocked the wraparound as he was falling after Tuukka tripped him. Tuukka looked like he lost his balance so he had to throw his leg forward instead of sideways (and put his blocker down to the ice) causing him to trip Krug so he couldn't tie up Brown.

The 4th goal Tuukka came off the post just as JVR was shooting. If he had kept against the post it would have hit him in the shoulder.

Not a good night for Rask. He seamed a little lazy, and too passive in the crease. Hopefully, we see good Rask tonight.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I love Tuukka, but how about a shut out tonight? Slam the door early and often and give us a series closing performance for the ages.

game 6 vs Philly to wrap it up. 2010 lost 2-1 .926 sv pct
game 6 vs Toronto to wrap it up 2013 lost 2-1 .925 sv pct
game 6 vs Montreal to wrap it up 2014 lost 4-0 .857 sv pct

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
People still delving into Rask make me laugh...we know him well...we've seen him for years...he's extremely consistent in his profile...

He's an incredibly talented goaltender, one of the most talented in the league, but his tragic and most pronounced flaw is that he is professionally mentally unstable.

The last two games are totally nothing new. One game calm, cool, and collected...almost unbeatable...seemingly single handedly stealing the show...in complete control.

The next game, flustered and erratic...often skittish...making bad situations worse.

There is almost never a middle road.

It's easy to say he falters under difficult situations, but that's been shown to be not true. He can lock those down if he's mentally under control, like Game 4.

He is a Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde goalie. Is there a full moon or anything tonight?

There's nothing anyone can do on any given night but hope Rask is mentally stable that evening.

Well...I've been saying for years the Bruins should bring in a renound sports psychologist just for Rask, to protect their investment. It would mean so much more than a goalie coach, in this case.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
People still delving into Rask make me laugh...we know him well...we've seen him for years...he's extremely consistent in his profile...

He's an incredibly talented goaltender, one of the most talented in the league, but his tragic and most pronounced flaw is that he is professionally mentally unstable.

The last two games are totally nothing new. One game calm, cool, and collected...almost unbeatable...seemingly single handedly stealing the show...in complete control.

The next game, flustered and erratic...often skittish...making bad situations worse.

There is almost never a middle road.

It's easy to say he falters under difficult situations, but that's been shown to be not true. He can lock those down if he's mentally under control, like Game 4.

He is a Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde goalie. Is there a full moon or anything tonight?

There's nothing anyone can do on any given night but hope Rask is mentally stable that evening.

Well...I've been saying for years the Bruins should bring in a renound sports psychologist just for Rask, to protect their investment. It would mean so much more than a goalie coach, in this case.

woo hoo...amateur psychology! I got "Rask criticisms" bingo!

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I love Tuukka, but how about a shut out tonight? Slam the door early and often and give us a series closing performance for the ages.

game 6 vs Philly to wrap it up. 2010 lost 2-1 .926 sv pct
game 6 vs Toronto to wrap it up 2013 lost 2-1 .925 sv pct
game 6 vs Montreal to wrap it up 2014 lost 4-0 .857 sv pct

All that shows me is the Bruins could only manage to score a grand total of 2 goals in 3 closeout games. And we're still putting it on Rask and saying that HE is the one that has to play better. Not the guys whose jobs it is to score goals.

Can't make this stuff up.

Challenge to the board: tell me how many "pre-Rask" playoff games the Bruins have won while scoring zero goals?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
All that shows me is the Bruins could only manage to score a grand total of 2 goals in 3 closeout games. And we're still putting it on Rask and saying that HE is the one that has to play better. Not the guys whose jobs it is to score goals.

Challenge to the board: tell me how many "pre-Rask" playoff games the Bruins have won while scoring zero goals?

I have no issues with him. I think he was to hard on himself for that last loss. I would like a shut out however Hahah.. I'm greedy

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Love this post. The team is atrocious in closeout games and has been since 2010. Rask is way down on the list of people to blame.

But its been a kinda long time since we were in this spot. Last time the WORST player on the ice who should not have dressed in playoff games thought it would be funny to squirt the best player on the ice with a water bottle after game 5.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
But its been a kinda long time since we were in this spot. Last time the WORST player on the ice who should not have dressed in playoff games thought it would be funny to squirt the best player on the ice with a water bottle after game 5.

What was this incident?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Love this post. The team is atrocious in closeout games and has been since 2010. Rask is way down on the list of people to blame.

Since post full season lockout Boston in Close out Games

08 @ Montreal Game 7- Loss
09 @ Montreal Game 4- Win
09 vs Carolina Game 7- Loss
10 @ Buffalo Game 5- Loss
10 vs Buffalo Game 6- Win
10 @ Philly Game 4- Loss
10 vs Philly Game 5- Loss
10 @ Philly Game 6- Loss
10 vs Philly Game 7- Loss
11 @ Montreal Game 6- Loss
11 vs Montreal Game 7- Win
11 vs Philly Game 4- Win
11 @ Tampa Game 6- Loss
11 vs Tampa Game 7- Win
11 @ Vancouver Game 7- Win
12 vs Washington Game 7- Loss
13 vs Toronto Game 5- Loss
13 @ Toronto Game 6- Loss
13 vs Toronto Game 7- Win
13 @ New York Game 4- Loss
13 vs New York Game 5- Win
13 vs Pittsburgh Game 4- Win
14 vs Detroit Game 5- Win
14 @ Montreal Game 6- Loss
14 vs Montreal Game 7- Loss
18 vs Toronto Game 5- Loss

10-16 in closeout Games in the Chara, Bergeron Era

On Home 8-7
On Road 2-9

When getting to 3 wins in a series First they are

9-2

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Because a professional wouldn't try to diagnose someone they haven't seen talked to in a client/therapist relationship? Haha :P

Do you live in the United States at the moment? Haha. That's history.

But anyway...I am an amateur, just BSing...but we all do have hundreds of hours watching Rask play...nothing I said is in any way far fetched with that experience.

Do you really object to any of it or are you just defending?

Don't know, man...I know Rask is very polarizing...he has his true believer supporters and sure fire haters...I simply accept him...

I just call em as I see em. He's very talented, but his biggest weakness consistently drags him down. How do I know that? Eyeballs.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Do you live in the United States at the moment? Haha. That's history.

But anyway...I am an amateur, just BSing...but we all do have hundreds of hours watching Rask play...nothing I said is in any way far fetched with that experience.

Do you really object to any of it or are you just defending?

Don't know, man...I know Rask is very polarizing...he has his true believer supporters and sure fire haters...I simply accept him...

I just call em as I see em. He's very talented, but his biggest weakness consistently drags him down. How do I know that? Eyeballs.

I don't know either- I know a lot gets put on the guy and it's hard to know how much is the team not stepping up in needed games- there's been plenty of that. We'll see as the puck is about to drop. Go Tuuka !!

Reactions: GloveSave1

BLong86

Mar 21, 2018
If we would have one. Rask would have been the 1st star. What an effort to rally the troops in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad