Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - V - warning in OP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
the loss os 4-5 days of healing up will be tough to miss out on

Reactions: Estlin

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
I think Rask is probably the most talented goalie to ever wear a bruins sweater.

He has to rehabilitate his ruputation here. This series should be over.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think Rask is probably the most talented goalie to ever wear a bruins sweater.

As much as he stinks sometimes and last night he STUNK, the rest of his teammates should not get a pass either. The first 10 minutes where disgraceful in terms of effort. Thats on the staff on down.

Bigger question should be where is all this leadership we hear so much about? One of the most overrated thing in sports. Results is your leadership.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

There have been some very talented goalies to wear that sweater:

Bernie Parent
Tiny Thompson
Tim Thomas
Frank Brimsek
Rogie Vachon
Terry Sawchuk
Jacques Plante
Gerry Cheevers

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
As much as he stinks sometimes and last night he STUNK, the rest of his teammates should not get a pass either. The first 10 minutes where disgraceful in terms of effort. Thats on the staff on down.

Bigger question should be where is all this leadership we hear so much about? One of the most overrated thing in sports. Results is your leadership.

I didn't see a lack of effort.

Simple case of Leafs executing better than the B's.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
In modern Bruins lore he's still in Thomas's shadow. It's undeniable. And those game 6 close-outs have not been kind to him. When it comes to the NHL playoffs Rask still has a ton to prove. Don't think it's a stretch to call it otherwise. I'd say that'll be the difference between the HOF, or no HOF for example.

Reactions: JP Nolan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
In modern Bruins lore he's still in Thomas's shadow. It's undeniable. And those game 6 close-outs have not been kind to him. When it comes to the NHL playoffs Rask still has a ton to prove. Don't think it's a stretch to call it otherwise. I'd say that'll be the difference between the HOF, or no HOF for example.
Yes if the Bruins were to lose this series Rask will probably get the brunt of the blame,whether it be warranted or not.It won’t be from me ,I will be to busy breaking stuff to come on here.Lol

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
funny how people forget that outside of 2011, Thomas was 0-3 in game 7s, 0-2 at home, and 2x went down 3-1 in the series to lower seeded teams.

Rask wasnt the issue Saturday, the team was. They came out flat and acting like they expected Toronto to just roll over and die. They failed to match the intensity of a team fighting for their lives and paid for it.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
funny how people forget that outside of 2011, Thomas was 0-3 in game 7s, 0-2 at home, and 2x went down 3-1 in the series to lower seeded teams.

Rask wasnt the issue Saturday, the team was. They came out flat and acting like they expected Toronto to just roll over and die. They failed to match the intensity of a team fighting for their lives and paid for it.
Bruins have been guilty of that a lot the last month or two really,it definitely needs to stop real quick.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Funny how Rask lets in one goal he probably SHOULD have had (the 3rd) and he's the reason they lost, and he stunk, and, and, and.
I know Rask was critical of his own play, but his only real alternative was to call out his defense, who really did play terribly, and it says a lot about him that he chose to blame himself, when the real blame was truly elsewhere.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

The first goal wasn't his fault, he stopped the initial attempt on the wrap-around, Brown got his stick on it and knocked it out of mid-air. If anyone blame the D for not tying up Brown in front.

The 4th goal by JVR was all skill and you give a guy that good in tight that much time, nothing Rask could do. That's on the PK.

The D let Johannson in behind them and Kadri made a great play to get it to him. A great puck pickup by Johansson to corral that pass and make a play on it. That's a 50/50 scoring chance.

I thought the goal by Bozak could of been stopped. That was the killer goal and hurt Boston's momentum. If I can hang Rask out to dry on any goal, it was this one. Was a good scoring chance, but that was a stoppable shot, Bozak didn't get everything on it.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad