TSN's Top 50

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
That's a pretty bold statement, considering all the great players that came between Lemieux and McDavid.

Jagr, Fedorov, Yzerman, Sakic, Forsberg, Bure, Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin...

How bout Eric Lindros as well? His career went in the gutter due to injuries, his reputation stained because of a certain draft powerplay, per se, but man was he ever a big thing coming outta junior.

TheObserver

Mar 14, 2015
low ratings for datsyuk and zetterberg. They are still elite players (do more than just score).

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
How bout Eric Lindros as well? His career went in the gutter due to injuries, his reputation stained because of a certain draft powerplay, per se, but man was he ever a big thing coming outta junior.

I couldn't list all the great players that came between Lemieux and McDavid (there are a LOT of them), but Lindros definitely belongs in that list too.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Isn't this list about top 50 this upcoming year and not last year?

Agreed. You're kinda putting yourself out there by suggesting McDavid will be at 37 (although I think it's mostly Button), but if you are trying to project for this upcoming season then I believe all bets are off...........except my impression is that the overall mindset of this top 50 was muddled by having projection guys like Button along with moronic individuals like O'Neill.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Am i the only one who thinks that players that haven't even played in the NHL yet shouldn't be included in a top 50 players list?

On principle, I don't think he should be included. It's pretty ridiculous, even though he is probably somewhere in the mix and will almost certainly be on there next year (or even mid-season). Including him at that spot is pretty much saying "we're just pulling this out of our rear-end....fun fact".

Heliarclee

Nov 12, 2013
Because he's the most talented player to come into the league since Lemieux?

That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard anyone say regarding Mcdavid. So many amazing players have entered the league since Lemieux. His highest point total in juniors is like 40 pts below Crosby's isn't it? Or does he have more intangibles?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard anyone say regarding Mcdavid. So many amazing players have entered the league since Lemieux. His highest point total in juniors is like 40 pts below Crosby's isn't it? Or does he have more intangibles?

Yep and McDavid is better than them all. Comparing the Q in 2005 to the O last year is silly.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I love when these lists come out so I can watch HF heads explode when they see how high Toews is rated. It makes no matter who is doing the voting - they're either wrong or Canadian fan boys voting with their hearts. Surely there is no other reason Toews consistently ranks higher than HF posters KNOW he should be. Maybe GMs and TSN hockey analysts don't realize Toews is only a 60-70 point player ... cuz really points is all that matters and everyone knows that apparently except the so-called experts.

I'll just sit back and enjoy. :laugh:

:popcorn:

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Yep and McDavid is better than them all. Comparing the Q in 2005 to the O last year is silly.

I would be stunned if McDavid has a better career than Crosby, OV or Malkin. Crosby and OV especially have a reasonable claim as Top 10 players of all time. McDavid may be a bit better as a prospect (although I don't see it), but I doubt he will have a better career.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I would be stunned if McDavid has a better career than Crosby, OV or Malkin. Crosby and OV especially have a reasonable claim as Top 10 players of all time. McDavid may be a bit better as a prospect (although I don't see it), but I doubt he will have a better career.

Crosby is his floor, his ceiling is Lemieux.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
These lists are obviously based on gut feeling and reputation more than anything. There is pretty much no argument for Toews 15 spots ahead of Kopitar. There is no argument for Datsyuk at 23.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Ovechkin gets no respect.

Toews at 2 is laughable.

Edit: Oh god I should have just stopped reading at Toews.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Crosby is his floor, his ceiling is Lemieux.

Those are unrealistic expectations. To be honest with you, I don't even think he'll get on Crosby's level.
He'll probably be the best player in the world once Crosby declines (if it hasn't started already), but it will be very hard for him to match Crosby's achievements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad