TSN's Top 50

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Love seeing the raw jealousy. He is the 2nd best player in the NHL and the team declining will not change that. We know the Hawks win cups because they have a great team, not just because of Toews. He is perfect for his role and dominates when needed. The Hawks decline will coincide with him aging.

What makes him the second best?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Love seeing the raw jealousy. He is the 2nd best player in the NHL and the team declining will not change that. We know the Hawks win cups because they have a great team, not just because of Toews. He is perfect for his role and dominates when needed. The Hawks decline will coincide with him aging.

Who is the best and why?

Captain Serious 19

Apr 8, 2013
Chicago
Who is the best and why?

Crosby is the best. After using CAPM and WACC using hockey data, his offensive output mitigates the lesser defensive play. His IRR is slightly ahead of Toews. The convexity is underestimated in this case, but he is still ahead of every other player in the league.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Ovechkin has an argument for being a top-5 left winger of all time.

So forgive me for finding it a bit ridiculous that he is considered the 6th best player, overall, in the League when he's coming off of yet another Richard Trophy- and this is coming from someone who understands wingers as being the far and away least valuable position.

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Crosby is the best. After using CAPM and WACC using hockey data, his offensive output mitigates the lesser defensive play. His IRR is slightly ahead of Toews. The convexity is underestimated in this case, but he is still ahead of every other player in the league.

What is CAPM, WACC, IRR and convexity?

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I'd be totally fine with a 70 point player being named best or 2nd best player if he were a goalie.

crosby.jpg

Martin-Brodeur-forward.jpg

:sarcasm:

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
i would change ovechkin and toews. And stamkos and kane. I would also have Lundquist among the top 10.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Because he was the best player on the ice every game he played outside of his first 3 games

First of all, this list was made before the season started.

Secondly, the only game I saw him play was against the Caps, and he was like the 5th-best player on the ice that game lol. Best on the Oilers, sure, but not best on the ice.

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
5. Alex Ovechkin, Was
16. Shea Weber, Nsh
20. P.K. Subban, Mtl
25. Henrik Lundqvist, NYR
29. Pekka Rinne, Nsh
33. Joe Pavelski, SJ
45. Brent Burns, SJ
46. Marian Hossa, Chi
47. Henrik Zetterberg, Det
50. Henrik Sedin, Van
These I agree with. Many others are WONKY!

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
REMINDER: This is an old list that was done before the season started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad