TSN's Top 50

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
its funny though how bad this list looks as of now and its only been 2 months since it came out... soooo many guys not on the list. Crazy to see how quickly things can change

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Kane I could see, but....Toews, too?

Really? :help:
Yup.

People are going to have to cope with the fact Toews is a top five player in the NHL, and with Crosbys noticeably sharp decline, possibly number one.

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
This list has changed quite a bit. I'd like to see someone create a top 20 or so and see what people think

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Yup.

People are going to have to cope with the fact Toews is a top five player in the NHL, and with Crosbys noticeably sharp decline, possibly number one.

If so that is a pretty big indictment on the state of the league.

Toews has 15 points in 24 games and on pace for just over 50 points. I don't care how good defensively you are. There is no amount of defensive play or leadership that makes up for how incredibly average those numbers are for a #1 center. That may be all Chicago needs from him but in a discussion of best players in the league, that type of production leaves him way out of the conversation.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
If so that is a pretty big indictment on the state of the league.

Toews has 15 points in 24 games and on pace for just over 50 points. I don't care how good defensively you are. There is no amount of defensive play or leadership that makes up for how incredibly average those numbers are for a #1 center. That may be all Chicago needs from him but in a discussion of best players in the league, that type of production leaves him way out of the conversation.

Keep watching stats, I recommend watching games.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Toews and Doughty get waaaaaaaay too overrated based on team success. They aren't close to being the best at their positions.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Keep watching stats, I recommend watching games.

Do you realize how good at all the "other stuff" a forward has to be in order to be a 50 point pace guy and be in discussion for best player in the league? A D-man who put up those numbers would have to be playing 3 minutes PK per game and almost leading the league in TOI to be in the discussion for best in the league.

Trust me, I get that there are things that happen in games that don't show up on score sheets. But the way people talk about Toews is he is perpetually 93-94 Fedorov when in reality he isn't even close and he isn't close to being the best player in the league.

Btw, let's not act like Chicago is just killing it right now with that kind of production for their #1C. If he were producing offense at the clip of the league's better top centers he would surely be in discussion for top 5 player given his all around game and Chicago would be winning more games.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I just put together a quick list of top 20 players and would like to listen to you folks rip it apart.

1. Carey Price
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Alex Ovechkin
4. Drew Doughty
5. Jonathan Toews
6. Steven Stamkos
7. Evgeni Malkin
8. John Tavares
9. Jamie Benn
10. Tyler Seguin
11. Claude Giroux
12. Shea Weber
13. Duncan Keith
14.Erik Karlsson
15. Henrik Lundqvist
16. Ryan Getzlaf
17. Anze Kopitar
18. Corey Perry
19. P.K. Subban
20. Vladimir Tarasenko

Better? I can find the perfect top 20 if you guys keep feeding me suggestions

Last edited:

SuddenDeathOvertime

#FreeJohnScott
Sep 30, 2014
I just put together a quick list of top 20 players and would like to listen to you folks rip it apart.

1. Carey Price
2. Jonathan Toews
3. Sidney Crosby
4. Alex Ovechkin
5. Steven Stamkos
6. Drew Doughty
7. Evgeni Malkin
8. John Tavares
9. Claude Giroux
10. Shea Weber
11. Duncan Keith
12.Erik Karlsson
13. Jamie Benn
14. Henrik Lundqvist
15. Ryan Getzlaf
16. Anze Kopitar
17. Corey Perry
18. P.K. Subban
19. Tyler Seguin
20. Vladimir Tarasenko

Toews, Stamkos too high. Benn, Seguin too low. And that's without thinking about players who aren't ranked at all.

Do Stanley cups he captained his team to?

No. Unless you also believe Dustin Brown should be one of the highest ranked players in the league.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
You mean the games where Kane has been better than Toews?

If Toews hasn't been the best player on his team in recent years or playoffs, he can't be the best in the league.

Again stats.
Watching Toews play I as a hockey fan can appreciate what he brings to the table night in and night out. As a Bruin fan I watch Bergeron do similar things that his team asks him to do that actually lower your point totals but help the team win. Proof is in the pudding. Hockey is a team game and he is a team player and a successful Captain of multiple cup winning team.
Toews isn't asked to be the top goal scorer on his team he knows his difficult job and excels at it I know it's not flashy or riddled with individual trophies but it's a part of the game that helps teams win I see it

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I had a giggle.

I'll post the same thing here that I did in the other thread:

Too high: Josi, Tarasenko, McDavid, Toews (solely because of where Kopitar, Datsyuk and Bergeron are), Quick, Burns
Too low: OEL, Letang (no idea how he's not on this list but Josi is), Backstrom, Kopitar/Bergeron/Datsyuk (solely because of where Toews is), Keith

3rd in goals, 10th in points.
Yeah being ranked 14th is too high. :sarcasm:

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Watching Toews play I as a hockey fan can appreciate what he brings to the table night in and night out. As a Bruin fan I watch Bergeron do similar things that his team asks him to do that actually lower your point totals but help the team win. Proof is in the pudding. Hockey is a team game and he is a team player and a successful Captain of multiple cup winning team.
Toews isn't asked to be the top goal scorer on his team he knows his difficult job and excels at it I know it's not flashy or riddled with individual trophies but it's a part of the game that helps teams win I see it

Nobody is saying Toews isn't good or doesn't contribute to team success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad