TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yes he should improve his shooting as many players should work on this aspect as the majority of goals are scored from shooting the puck.
As for playing wing or center, he appears to be able to thrive in either role and be a positive asset. Will he play center or wing? so much depends on how this team will be when fully constructed. Who knows,trades can happen and Montreal acquires a proven # 1 or 2 center,being adaptable is a commodity that is desirable in my books.

I'd be more inclined to put Suzuki back on the wing than Dach.

Dach has all the qualities that any team looks for in the protoypical center.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

That's why I carry a pencil and eraser,things can change and prefer to leave the options open until more is known. Never understood how people can carve things in stone. Ideally you experiment with what you have and make decisions based on what appears to best for the team whatever the configuration is.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Haha. I’m the macho type. Seriously though, just having fun as I know you got lots of musical takes yourself. It’s all subjective anyway. 🤸🏻
Velvet Underground, well ya good band but feel like I had more for my money with Syd Barret with his group PF. Nico had few good years, mixed with too much dope, it explains they couldn't be constant.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can't beleive the anglo people of Mtl can't bring anything better than this clown show, low quality, etc. The artistic life of anglos in Mtl is rich and diverse. Mtl anglos love hockey, how this 690 isn't better?
Narrow demographic, shoddy management practices and the erosion of radio in general all play a part. Most of their offerings sound juvenile and when hosts ad lib, it’s plain cringe.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Narrow demographic, shoddy management practices and the erosion of radio in general all play a part. Most of their offerings sound juvenile and when hosts ad lib, it’s plain cringe.
They should do 3 years region rotation. 3 years of the gang of Sherbrooke eastern township, 3 years of Gatineau region and 3 years of Montreal. Give the mic to the best local talent, make us discover new talent. But I'm only dreaming, it doesn't work like that in real life. A project like that need some endorsement and leadership, and it's not happening right now.

Reactions: Runner77

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Velvet Underground, well ya good band but feel like I had more for my money with Syd Barret with his group PF. Nico had few good years, mixed with too much dope, it explains they couldn't be constant.
Those are apples and oranges to my ears, but I understand the comparison. She was only on the first album too. I don’t care for Loaded but the first 3 albums are one revelation after the other to me.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

RIP to Pedneault

Holy Moly, this is a huge shocker. Peddler was on the radio not too long ago, having done a show with Anthony Marcotte in July on BPM.

I had no idea he was under palliative care over the last month after having been diagnosed with cancer.

Peddler was one of the most passionate hockey pundits Quebec has ever produced. He was an apt communicator and even if he no longer wielded the power and authority from his days as a print media columnist, he influenced several generations of sports aficionados and those aspiring to a media career.

A ton of heartfelt messages are pouring in on social media. He always acted with class and respect. BPM will be dedicating all of their programming on Monday to him, there ought to be some great stories and anecdotes that will come out of it but above all, I’m sure his humane qualities and kindness will be at the forefront.

Well-deserved, Yvon. Rest easy, you’ll never be forgotten.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

If they ever put either player on a wing it would be with Caufield. That being said both Dach and Suzuki are smart enough to act as a centerman and swap roles on any given play. I wouldn't hate it. As much as I loved that trio last season we won't be going back there this year unless one of our two top lines really struggle.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
did I hear right, that one of the 690 clowns are writing a book on the history of 690?
will there be a chapter on all the songs Mitchy M plays?
Here's a quick synopsis:

The Early Years: TSN690 employed talented, well-established hosts - it was good
Middle years: Bell Media began firing said hosts and replacing them with unprofessional and unskilled buffoons - the slide towards mediocrity was afoot:
The now years: Few, if any, sports radio hosts worthy of that title remain at TNS690 thanks to the piss-poor vision of Bell Media (or was it just greed) - TSN690 now sucks. THE END

On a related note, Mitch should have applied for Terry DiMonte's position when he retired. I feel Melnick would have been happier at CHOM and all the practice playing DJ on TSN690 has honed his DJ-ness - he'd have been perfect for that position :ha::help:. :biglaugh:

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Here's a quick synopsis:

Middle years: Bell Media began firing said hosts and replacing them with unprofessional and unskilled buffoons - the slide towards mediocrity was afoot:
The now years: Few, if any, sports radio hosts worthy of that title remain at TNS690 thanks to the piss-poor vision of Bell Media (or was it just greed) - TSN690 now sucks. THE END

On a related note, Mitch should have applied for Terry DiMonte's position when he retired. I feel Melnick would have been happier at CHOM and all the practice playing DJ on TSN690 has honed his DJ-ness - he'd have been perfect for that position :ha::help:. :biglaugh:
I swear it’s literally an embarrassment to the city, a city that is supposed to be a big market and world renown.

Imagine a tourist from a major US or international city coming here and listening to this sh**t - they must think we have high school radio stations

I cannot get over how unprofessional and cringe worthy it is

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Today starts the new BPM season with all the changes they've made.

- Paul Houde with Gilbert Delorme in the morning.
- Gonzalez with Laraque at noon.
- Lemay still at 3PM. But they start today as well.

Reactions: Belial

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Normand Flynn with a beauty to start the year. During his segment with Gonzalez and Laraque.

He was saying that in his opinion, Petry won't start the season with the Habs and he, along with many other pundits, feel like he'll be traded before camp. And that he is curious how Hughes will handle the situation. 🤣

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Normand Flynn with a beauty to start the year. During his segment with Gonzalez and Laraque.

He was saying that in his opinion, Petry won't start the season with the Habs and he, along with many other pundits, feel like he'll be traded before camp. And that he is curious how Hughes will handle the situation. 🤣
Yé perdu ben raide, jeeze

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Here's a quick synopsis:

The early years were good because other than the drive home show and morning show, the rest was national shows with actual journalists with a knowledge of sports other than the Habs. When they ended the National broadcasts and had to fill the time slots it quickly went downhill, and then Bell started cutting the few real journalists they had left. Haven't listened in probably 5 years since I got my first car with Sirius XM, all the content I want with no commercials.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022

:facepalm: :shakehead

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023

When I don't know what to do, I listen to Norman Flynn.

And do the exact opposite of what he says.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
When I don't know what to do, I listen to Norman Flynn.

And do the exact opposite of what he says.

i-will-do-the-opposite-seinfeld.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad