TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
For those who understand french, or ask bilingual people to translate.
Marchessault good interview on 98,5 about the Stanley Cup, his family and children, his beleiving to never give up despite he's small, not drafted early, etc. He won at the age of 32 and was a major part of this SC.
When asked if he would like to play for the Habs he give the example of how bad Danault have been treated by fans and social medias, Danault an honest player who played with regularity, good at both end of the ice and the year he was going to resign he had to go thru the bashing, etc. Exactly what I always said all those years. Listen at 16:44 of the link below. This board had trolls on his case every day, mods didn't do anything, they gave a forum to bash for no reason.

If this forum doesn't have strict rules and if they let the bashing going on easyly, then it's a curse. Players knows this and they will avoid this toxic team. Take my advice or don't take it but this interview is a proof of what I mention.
Smell ya later danault we don't miss you one bit team was going nowhere we were better off moving on from danault he's a 2C that does nothing for us going forward on a mediocre team, seriously you must be the only human who still cares about phil lol

Also there's like 4 good players in the entire league that are QC we aren't missing out on much, dodged a bullet with diva Dubois. I'm so worried about Lafreniere not wanting to play here, the horror!:laugh::laugh:

Maybe once Quebec starts producing a little more talent or guys with some stones maybe then they can come play Hometown hero instead of this weak crop we have in the league now

We also already have our hometown guy actually born and raised in the teams city he's our top Dman but I guess a guy like Mike Matheson doesn't count because of his last name and he's not born in a small rural QC town. Crazy how being born in Montreal makes you less of a hometown kid than others not even born or raised close to the city lol

Last edited:

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Yeah but thing is : we don't win much. We put a young player on piedestal and when he doesn't score for 4 or 5 games, rumours starts he will be traded and the bashing, etc.
If Marchessault says it, the entire league knows it. So quebecer players will avoid playing here and others too. That is a small percentage of losing against us. It's like a swimmer with hair on his legs or a F1 car with 5 lbs more, If we are fine with losing with a small percentage because of this, let be it. As long as it's understood and accepted. We sabotage our team. And Danault is in a team that makes the PO. So bashers, keep on bashing, losers, keep on losing. We know it and we accept it.
There is lots to love about playing in MTL and if the media is the only thing keeping you away, then bon voyage!

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Marchessault good interview on 98,5 about the Stanley Cup, his family and children, his beleiving to never give up despite he's small, not drafted early, etc. He won at the age of 32 and was a major part of this SC.
When asked if he would like to play for the Habs he give the example of how bad Danault have been treated by fans and social medias, Danault an honest player who played with regularity, good at both end of the ice and the year he was going to resign he had to go thru the bashing, etc. Exactly what I always said all those years. Listen at 16:44 of the link below. This board had trolls on his case every day, mods didn't do anything, they gave a forum to bash for no reason.

If this forum doesn't have strict rules and if they let the bashing going on easyly, then it's a curse. Players knows this and they will avoid this toxic team. Take my advice or don't take it but this interview is a proof of what I mention.
I find it very interesting that Marchessault actually mentioned Danault by name. But I think your interpretation is a bit stretched -- I felt like it was more of a broadside against the Habs entire ecosystem (including the Habs organization, Habs GM, Habs coaches, and Habs media) for undervaluing Danault rather than what you're saying: that it was criticism against Habs commentators alone. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you know this is true.

Habs commentators hated seeing Desharnais in central positions too, that didn't stop the Habs organization from putting him there and giving him opportunities and contracts regardless. When it came to Danault, Bergevin made a decision and Habs fans were neither fully behind or against it. In fairness, that summer had a lot of changes and flux and the discourse was all over the place. There was the expension draft, Weber's career-threatening/ending injury, Price asking to be left unprotected, the nearly-the SCF Run which just raised more questions, Kotkaniemi's offersheet, the Dvorak trade...

At this point we can all agree that we have zero reason to hear about Danault ever again but Marchessault did bring him up so it's fair to talk about what was said. Danault was an honest player and a hard-working one but that's not sufficient for a top6 player. If he was in a bottom6 role I think he'd have fans from here to Gaspé, this much is true. However, if Danault played better in the role he was placed I think he would've had more fans inside and outside the organization -- and by played better I mean produced more, because production is necessary and you cannot have one-way players in your top6 if you're a serious team. Bergevin thought he had a serious team all the way until the last day he was GM, one-way Danault with his 4pts in 22 games in that playoff run simply doesn't fit.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I can't tune into marinaro anymore. Anytime I see his face now, I'm reminded of that "grappling" match he had in his studio with his crack making an appearance.
I get enough of him here when someone posts an interesting topic. The good takes are all about the guests not Marinaro and generally only about 5 minutes are worthy of any viewing time.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
You give waaaay too much importance to HF. Players most likely don't give a shit about it.

If there's anywhere they get harassed it's on Twitter.

Exactly, Twitter, Instagram too, if they want a bit of exposure, it's there, not here, HF is niche, they probably all know HF by name, but probably all know not to come here cause of that.

And while it's not perfect (no forum ever will), mods here still are wayyy more active than many other places, got some warnings over the years, and many posts deleted because I was an ass (and it was well-deserved, I think I even was banned for a month at some point), while in most other places no one bats an eye, add private messages and then there's no control whatsoever.

I have to say, though, society is so damn frustrated nowadays, they need scapegoats to bash on, cause most people don't want to look at themselves and solve their f***ed up psyche instead, it always was like that but it's exponentially worse with social medias and our 'flower child' culture. And in Quebec, it's the 'small people' mentality that pushes it even more toward the rest of the world, the whole 'need to be represented' thing doesn't entice anybody to represent, and like some said, there's only a handful of good Quebec players to begin with (QMJHL fault for that, CHL is trending downward anyway).

"Social medias made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." -Mike Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
"Us", you mean any player have to accept the toxic bashers? "Us" will never change, it's take it or leave it?
The issue was not respect from the fans but respect from his management. Once Bergevin shed tears over Gallagher the end was near. Do you think players pay attention to HF. :laugh: The fans at the games were never bashing Danault. The Mods do a great job of censoring personal attacks and leave the on ice hockey related criticisms alone as they should. Are you a tad sensitive? :dunno:

We also already have our hometown guy actually born and raised in the teams city he's our top Dman but I guess a guy like Mike Matheson doesn't count because of his last name and he's not born in a small rural QC town. Crazy how being born in Montreal makes you less of a hometown kid than others not even born or raised close to the city lol
Just needs an accent aigu on the e. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Redux91

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

People having a way to bash him here is better than those same idiots going to his social media accounts to send him pms bashing him.

People who get upset the most are more than a casual fan, but less than a hard-core fan. You'll ask them about a middle 6 player on another team and they'll have no idea who that player is, but feel they're entitled to pm the player and/or their family to let them know they suck.

Those are the most dangerous fans imo. I very been around one and he honestly says the same crap I see posted here during games. Deflection, double screen and didn't save it ? You're trash, bud, trash.

Didn't trade for McDavid at 50% ? Trash, bud.

Habs sign, or acquire a new player. Other team's fans" that player is trash" those fans " yeah, he is trash ! I've barely watched him play, if ever, but I agree !"

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
People having a way to bash him here is better than those same idiots going to his social media accounts to send him pms bashing him.

People who get upset the most are more than a casual fan, but less than a hard-core fan. You'll ask them about a middle 6 player on another team and they'll have no idea who that player is, but feel they're entitled to pm the player and/or their family to let them know they suck.

Those are the most dangerous fans imo. I very been around one and he honestly says the same crap I see posted here during games. Deflection, double screen and didn't save it ? You're trash, bud, trash.

Didn't trade for McDavid at 50% ? Trash, bud.

Habs sign, or acquire a new player. Other team's fans" that player is trash" those fans " yeah, he is trash ! I've barely watched him play, if ever, but I agree !"
Can't take any hockey fans opinion seriously if they only watch the Habs/One team but that just me

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Can't take any hockey fans opinion seriously if they only watch the Habs/One team but that just me
I mean there is so much time in a day, I consider myself a Habs fan more than a hockey fan but it doesn't mean you can't be knowledgeable about other team's organizational charts, a team's weaklinks or the general strengths and weaknesses of a player.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I find it very interesting that Marchessault actually mentioned Danault by name. But I think your interpretation is a bit stretched -- I felt like it was more of a broadside against the Habs entire ecosystem (including the Habs organization, Habs GM, Habs coaches, and Habs media) for undervaluing Danault rather than what you're saying: that it was criticism against Habs commentators alone. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you know this is true.

Habs commentators hated seeing Desharnais in central positions too, that didn't stop the Habs organization from putting him there and giving him opportunities and contracts regardless. When it came to Danault, Bergevin made a decision and Habs fans were neither fully behind or against it. In fairness, that summer had a lot of changes and flux and the discourse was all over the place. There was the expension draft, Weber's career-threatening/ending injury, Price asking to be left unprotected, the nearly-the SCF Run which just raised more questions, Kotkaniemi's offersheet, the Dvorak trade...

At this point we can all agree that we have zero reason to hear about Danault ever again but Marchessault did bring him up so it's fair to talk about what was said. Danault was an honest player and a hard-working one but that's not sufficient for a top6 player. If he was in a bottom6 role I think he'd have fans from here to Gaspé, this much is true. However, if Danault played better in the role he was placed I think he would've had more fans inside and outside the organization -- and by played better I mean produced more, because production is necessary and you cannot have one-way players in your top6 if you're a serious team. Bergevin thought he had a serious team all the way until the last day he was GM, one-way Danault with his 4pts in 22 games in that playoff run simply doesn't fit.
On the first paragraph he was mentioning the whole package in Montreal, not just the medias and Habs organisation, that include the fans too, listen again or understand in between the lines as they say. But sure Marchessault didn't want to be too hard to the angry fans bashing stuff, he trowed a dart most to Bergevin surely.

I know that summer everything went wrong. Losing both Danault and KK. But how much we can regret KK sooo much in reality he became a bust and Danault made the difference Kings makes Play Off or not. Sfter the trade Danault scored 27 g with new teamates unknowned. Danault that year scored more goals than Suzuki or Caufield. In ur teeth soldier ! Ok enough lesson history.

Well, the famous top 6. Put Danault actual second center after a Kopitar aged between 22 and 31 yrs and I garanty they can run at SC Finals and eventually win it. Put Danault second center after Draisatle or McKinnon and they can possibly win a Cup. So your bottom 6 doesn't work. And Danault is always in the + stats, by the way ...

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
On the first paragraph he was mentioning the whole package in Montreal, not just the medias and Habs organisation, that include the fans too, listen again or understand in between the lines as they say. But sure Marchessault didn't want to be too hard to the angry fans bashing stuff, he trowed a dart most to Bergevin surely.

I know that summer everything went wrong. Losing both Danault and KK. But how much we can regret KK sooo much in reality he became a bust and Danault made the difference Kings makes Play Off or not. Sfter the trade Danault scored 27 g with new teamates unknowned. Danault that year scored more goals than Suzuki or Caufield. In ur teeth soldier ! Ok enough lesson history.

Well, the famous top 6. Put Danault actual second center after a Kopitar aged between 22 and 31 yrs and I garanty they can run at SC Finals and eventually win it. Put Danault second center after Draisatle or McKinnon and they can possibly win a Cup. So your bottom 6 doesn't work. And Danault is always in the + stats, by the way ...
I can literally "hear" your thick accent just by reading your posts lol

• Wow
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Pretty damn good writng ability in english. Just messes up the letter H periodically. If I tried to write the same length of paragraph in french I'd have more than the odd letter messed up.

But yeah that one letter is a dead giveaway.
I'm dislexic in writing always messing with family names and tend to forget letter h exist. I write a basic talking english. When family name needs 2 letter T, I write one, etc. If there is a mistake to make, I make it, lol. I know I have big limitations.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Marshy will warm up to the Habs market when he’s 38 washed up and desperate for one last contract like all QC players ‘was always my dream to play in MTL’

Reactions: CharleyHorse

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Pretty damn good writng ability in english. Just messes up the letter H periodically. If I tried to write the same length of paragraph in french I'd have more than the odd letter messed up.

But yeah that one letter is a dead giveaway.
I like to think I'm perfectly bilingual, but I know the English accent sticks out when I speak French lol, I can't try to fool myself anymore

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Marshy will warm up to the Habs market when he’s 38 washed up and desperate for one last contract like all QC players ‘was always my dream to play in MTL’
We like them when they're washed up at 38 and not in their prime. The same with Perry, Kovalchuck, Lang, Briere, etc. Nobody figured hey how about getting them in their prime? Is it because we compass with elders?

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
How was Danault treated badly by the fans? I mean there was some voices that thought he was barely a third liner but appart from that he was a fan favorite.

Reactions: Johny

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How was Danault treated badly by the fans? I mean there was some voices that thought he was barely a third liner but appart from that he was a fan favorite.

Just seems like it is nonsense most of the time.

Nobody hated Danault, there was a battle of whether he was a 3C or more than that.. but that isn't hatred.

Really the fan base only rears its ugly head with the Slaf/Reinbacher picks.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

What do you mean by bashing ? We generally talk about on ice performances here, it's a hockey board... If the player sucks, we will say it.

Players should stay away from Twitter and Co, if they can't handle valid criticism about their on ice performances.

Of course you always have dumb fans who attack them personally and harass them on social media, that is unacceptable, but our fanbase is huge, chances are we will have more dumb fans than most teams.

Reactions: Rapala and ReHabs

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think there's a distinction between hf, and the general fans. Desharnais was hated on here but not in general.

I understood the desharnais critics but some of the takes on Danault (or dunno as I heard him being called here) were flabbergasting.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'm dislexic in writing always messing with family names and tend to forget letter h exist. I write a basic talking english. When family name needs 2 letter T, I write one, etc. If there is a mistake to make, I make it, lol. I know I have big limitations.

You communicate better than some here, regardless of mother tongue.

To your earlier points, the issue with bilingual players is they have to deal with the BS in both languages. Those who only speak English have a lot less garbage to deal with. Granted, regardless of language, I think some players thrive in a pressure market whereas others simply do not.

I don’t think these are the ultimate deciding factors, but they certainly don’t help. End of the day, I think players want a good chance of winning (good coaches, management and teammates), while getting paid what they think they’re worth (or more). Fans, media exposure, weather, taxes, whatever are all just extra stuff.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
What do you mean by bashing ? We generally talk about on ice performances here, it's a hockey board... If the player sucks, we will say it.

Players should stay away from Twitter and Co, if they can't handle valid criticism about their on ice performances.

Of course you always have dumb fans who attack them personally and harass them on social media, that is unacceptable, but our fanbase is huge, chances are we will have more dumb fans than most teams.
Criticism is fine. What players mention is Tweeter and cie, not here but I saw trools here and sarcasm a lot. It's the 'tone' here, a general feeling of the place. I went to other teams board and the atmosphere was cool, I felt like in a lounge, cool beer, fritos, sangria, inviting to discuss.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
You communicate better than some here, regardless of mother tongue.

To your earlier points, the issue with bilingual players is they have to deal with the BS in both languages. Those who only speak English have a lot less garbage to deal with. Granted, regardless of language, I think some players thrive in a pressure market whereas others simply do not.

I don’t think these are the ultimate deciding factors, but they certainly don’t help. End of the day, I think players want a good chance of winning (good coaches, management and teammates), while getting paid what they think they’re worth (or more). Fans, media exposure, weather, taxes, whatever are all just extra stuff.
Here there can be extra pressure and it's not just exposure. In all nhl cities where the pressure can be destructive, we talk about 5 teams and Montreal is one of them. You can agree with that?

edit : I agree we have two medias language to deal with, it's like you have to check both side of the road when you cross that road. It's not a one way road. lol

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Here there can be extra pressure and it's not just exposure. In all nhl cities where the pressure can be destructive, we talk about 5 teams and Montreal is one of them. You can agree with that?

edit : I agree we have two medias language to deal with, it's like you have to check both side of the road when you cross that road. It's not a one way road. lol
I think it takes a special person to thrive in these markets. Montreal for hockey is definitely tough; fans and media. They aren’t alone though… it’s pretty rough and toxic in Toronto also. I‘d imagine New York, Boston, Chicago, LA and other major cities as well but as hockey isn’t a main focus, it may not be as bad as Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad