TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
According to Michel Villeneuve, JiC has been fired at BPM Sports. Paul Houde will replace him this fall.

He also says that his job on TVA Sports isn't secure either.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Yup ,Sauce Marinara is just dominating the scene , never was a fan of his but good on him for pushing some good hockey content on the regular.
Montreal sports media is dead so hate on tony all you want guy is putting in the work.

ugly-cry-baby-mask-creepy-scary-fu0drh6kao1re3ec.gif

This is my face when that S-I-C-K song drops at the start of the video though , god help us all

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Interesting... I wonder why they let him go?

Apparently the ratings weren't good, especially when you consider what they were paying him.

I'm not his biggest fan, but I enjoyed his shows in the morning.

Despite that, if Paul Houde is the one who will replace him, then they got someone very good to take his place.

Reactions: Justin11

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
TVAsports bleeds money but they will never fire a foxhole buddy even if he's universally disliked and has bad ratings.

Source: Felix, Renaud & Jici
Felix-Seguin-1024x576.jpeg

Praying RDS/Bell will recoup the Saturday games + playoffs rights when they renegociate

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
marinaro was smart to ditch TSN690...his podcast is actually quite good and last night's episode was f***ing hysterical

I can confirm. I was never a Marinaro listener, but his podcast is quite entertaining.
As long as he doesn't overdo his clowning...

His last episode where he was taking calls was just pure cringe-fest...

He was not even trying to have a discussion with the callers.

I mean, I like that he's trying to make it entertaining and stuff but this was overkill.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Finally some entertainment on habs lunch with Campbell calling Gallo stupid and Gallo getting annoyed, priceless !

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I had no idea JC was even doing radio. I thought he had quit when he was hired by TVA Sport.

He had eft when he got the TV gig. On the radio before TV, he was doing the 3PM show.

Then he left that to do TV. And last year, he was hosting the morning show on the radio while doing his TV show in the evening.

But after 1 year of morning show, he was let go.

Reactions: Kimota

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As long as he doesn't overdo his clowning...

His last episode where he was taking calls was just pure cringe-fest...

He was not even trying to have a discussion with the callers.

I mean, I like that he's trying to make it entertaining and stuff but this was overkill.
I feel like Marinaro is out of ideas to talk about at this point in the summer. But his podcast episodes in the summer are getting high viewing numbers, probably because Habs fans are more starved for content than in the regular season. So I give him a pass for at least trying to do something in the summer, even though he doesn't look to be all that into the topics.

Reactions: Belial

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I feel like Marinaro is out of ideas to talk about at this point in the summer. But his podcast episodes in the summer are getting high viewing numbers, probably because Habs fans are more starved for content than in the regular season. So I give him a pass for at least trying to do something in the summer, even though he doesn't look to be all that into the topics.
Agreed he is rambling

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Over the years I went from disliking JiC to being found of him. Michel Villeneuve was always annoying and very vicious, seeing him going at JiC's throat for over a year was pretty disappointing, I mean he's a full grown man and he's acting like a child there.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Over the years I went from disliking JiC to being found of him. Michel Villeneuve was always annoying and very vicious, seeing him going at JiC's throat for over a year was pretty disappointing, I mean he's a full grown man and he's acting like a child there.

I like JiC. At times I'm tired of his shtick and he pushes a lot of his political views into his sports talk, which I'm not crazy about. But overall, I find him entertaining.

I was listening to his show in the car in the mornings. I used to listen to TSN 690. But since last year I was listening to BPM Sports.

And if it is indeed Paul Houde who will replace him, I will continue to listen because I'm a fan of Paul's.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I like JiC. At times I'm tired of his shtick and he pushes a lot of his political views into his sports talk, which I'm not crazy about. But overall, I find him entertaining.

I was listening to his show in the car in the mornings. I used to listen to TSN 690. But since last year I was listening to BPM Sports.

And if it is indeed Paul Houde who will replace him, I will continue to listen because I'm a fan of Paul's.
I love Paul Houde as an actor, a comic and a radio host. He's good at everything!

Reactions: Barriwhite

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Paul Houde is a weird choice to replace JC as they have a completely different style. I guess we'll see.

Stéphane Gonzalez is leaving TVA Sport. And I heard that three others may leave. JC may in the lot as well. Maybe they'll hire Michel Villeneuve as replacement. 😁

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How did Gallo and Campbell get to replace the afternoon show hosts today? Gross! :eek2:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad