True Crime and Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
Mario Lemieux - look up the Dan Quinn incident. He was complicit.

Since they were NHL players they were never charged.
Crazy, I like a good conspiracy.

Cannot believe I've never heard Mario Lemieux of all people was involved in something like this. Someone is trying to cover this up.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Do you think that you or I would have gotten 3 years probation for committing vehicular homicide?
Knew a girl who crossed the center line when she bent down to pick up her phone, killed a couple on a motorcycle. No jail time.

• Wow
Reactions: DaveG

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Another disgusting example of hockey teams not giving two shits about a person's character and signing him to try to win a few more games. Hell they made this guy their captain!

I love that the wiki says he "used life saving skills he learned in prison" to save a teammate, when we now know that there is no benefit from "holding a person's tongue" while having a seizure, and actually is not advised whatsoever these days.
Frost was a colossal POS, I get that you can't go around killing people, but it wasn't as if Danton just decided "this random guy must die."

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Knew a girl who crossed the center line when she bent down to pick up her phone, killed a couple on a motorcycle. No jail time.

One of the last reports I took before leaving patrol was for a 19 year old that admitted to molesting his 7 year old step brother. I'll spare you the nitty gritty details. I pulled up his case a couple years later and found that he was sentenced to 6 years... Probation.

I love the people that think the jails are just being packed with people unjustly sentenced. We don't even handle the problems we should handle. And no, it's not because we're locking up dime bag MJ possessors and throwing away the key. :rolleyes:

• Wow

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
Frost was a colossal POS, I get that you can't go around killing people, but it wasn't as if Danton just decided "this random guy must die."
What did Frost do? Have only ever seen very vague references to him being a bad guy

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
What did Frost do? Have only ever seen very vague references to him being a bad guy

He had numerous complaints of something along the lines of pedo behavior, (I don't remember details) but I think he beat those cases.

Nonetheless, while it makes him a piece of shit if true, it's not the reason Danton tried having him whacked, which kinda throws away any good will toward Danton, for me at least.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
While it is reckless even to just bend down to get something off the floor, i don’t think I’d particularly put that in the same category as someone speeding with alcohol in their system.

I get why he did what he did but hiring a hitman is still hiring a hitman.

Similar to the Gypsy Rose situation. I understand why she did it, but you can’t just commission hit men to kill people, even if they’ve done monstrous things.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
While it is reckless even to just bend down to get something off the floor, i don’t think I’d particularly put that in the same category as someone speeding with alcohol in their system.

My this continues to get further and further from the cold blooded murder you initially described it as...

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
You posed the question as to whether someone else would get off for a given offense, I’m giving you an example of that. You may not consider it the same category but it is in fact categorized as the same offense - vehicular homicide.

It is not a crime to have that amount of alcohol in your system and operate a vehicle and the DA determined it was not a factor in a Heatley’s case.

This is an interesting thread and it’s unfortunate it will likely end up locked because of the obstinacy of one poster.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
He kind of did, though. The stated reason for the hit was that he thought someone was after him (the prosecution claimed it was Frost, but Danton claimed it was his estranged dad). It wasn't for the sexual crimes he was accused of. It was out of paranoia.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I don't get why you're still responding when your comments have been exposed as bullshit and you don't have actual facts to prove that Heatley was indeed drunk at the time of the crash lmao.

Go back to arguing that it's because of his metabolism.
I never said anything of the sort. You’ve done nothing but mischaracterize my statements and attack me, but then agreeing with me in other comments not aimed at me.

Do you have some kind of grudge with me that I don’t know about?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I never said anything of the sort. You’ve done nothing but mischaracterize my statements and attack me, but then agreeing with me in other comments not aimed at me.

Do you have some kind of grudge with me that I don’t know about?

You literally admitted that you initially referred to it as murder and then edited your post lmao.

It's cute that you continue to try to frame yourself as a victim though because you just can't stop talking and take the L.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
You posed the question as to whether someone else would get off for a given offense, I’m giving you an example of that.
in terms of degree of recklessness I wouldn’t say they’re equal. However I am by no means saying I think the justice system is fair or works all the time.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
You literally admitted that you initially referred to it as murder and then edited your post lmao.

It's cute that you continue to try to frame yourself as a victim though because you just can't shut up and take the L.
I said there was at least one instance after my initial comment where I said “murder” when I should have said “committed vehicular manslaughter” it was an honest mix-up in the terminology. If I tried to edit my comment why would I have admitted this error multiple times that just doesn’t make sense.

I never argued that it was his metabolism 🙄 you’ve admitted you weren’t even reading my comments before attacking me, so I guess I’ll just have to throw in the towel on trying to get you to understand one.

I’m not trying to be a “victim” I’m just curious why your statements toward others line up with me, but you continue to insult and attack me directly.

I’m trying to have a discussion, not “avoid an L” or “get a W” or however you wanna phrase it.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Reactions: Konnan511

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I said there was at least one instance after my initial comment where I said “murder” when I should have said “committed vehicular manslaughter” it was an honest mix-up in the terminology. If I tried to edit my comment why would I have admitted this error multiple times that just doesn’t make sense.

I never argued that it was his metabolism 🙄 you’ve admitted you weren’t even reading my comments before attacking me, so I guess I’ll just have to throw in the towel on trying to get you to understand one.

I’m not trying to be a “victim” I’m just curious why your statements toward others line up with me, but you continue to insult and attack me directly.

I’m trying to have a discussion, not “avoid an L” or “get a W” or however you wanna phrase it.
Watching you change your tune and wildly grasp at anything in an attempt to make this situation worse has completely made my afternoon.

Just watching the way you back peddle off it being a murder to..... but he was DRUNK, then well... maybe he wasn't drunk but, he had alcohol in his system.. Not to mention you inexplicably mention of his metabolism only to back peddle off of that as a viable option has been nothing short of a thing of beauty.

Truly great work, you've successfully derailed this thread enough that I'd have to imagine the Mod's are seriously considering shutting it down.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
You posed the question as to whether someone else would get off for a given offense, I’m giving you an example of that. You may not consider it the same category but it is in fact categorized as the same offense - vehicular homicide.

It is not a crime to have that amount of alcohol in your system and operate a vehicle and the DA determined it was not a factor in a Heatley’s case.

This is an interesting thread and it’s unfortunate it will likely end up locked because of the obstinacy of one poster.
I can understand an appreciate your point that the two are classified the same. Personally I think it’s worth noting the difference in context of the negligent/reckless behavior between boy paying attention and someone speeding with alcohol in their system. I’ve got a hard time giving the benefit of the doubt here, is all.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Watching you change your tune and wildly grasp at anything in an attempt to make this situation worse has completely made my afternoon.

Just watching the way you back peddle off it being a murder to..... but he was DRUNK, then well... maybe he wasn't drunk but, he had alcohol in his system.. Not to mention you inexplicably mention of his metabolism only to back peddle off of that as a viable option has been nothing short of a thing of beauty.

Truly great work, you've successfully derailed this thread enough that I'd have to imagine the Mod's are seriously considering shutting it down.
I didn’t backpedal, my very first comment specified it was homicide. I never meant for any of my words to say i thought it was intentional.

And I never changed my tune about him being impaired. I’ve always thought and said he was impaired.

Anyway, in the interest of the thread I’m not going to be engaging with that line of discussion any longer to not derail anything further or get this good thread locked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad