True Crime and Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I didn’t backpedal, my very first comment specified it was homicide. I never meant for any of my words to say i thought it was intentional.

And I never changed my tune about him being impaired. I’ve always thought and said he was impaired.

Anyway, in the interest of the thread I’m not going to be engaging with that line of discussion any longer to not derail anything further or get this good thread locked.
Here is a direct quote from your first post

"Dany Heatley was responsible for killing teammate Dan Snyder in a reckless accident in which he was under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 3 years probation for homicide for killing the man with his reckless behavior."

And your most recent

"I can understand an appreciate your point that the two are classified the same. Personally I think it’s worth noting the difference in context of the negligent/reckless behavior between boy paying attention and someone speeding with alcohol in their system. I’ve got a hard time giving the benefit of the doubt here, is all."

He's gone from being under the influence of alcohol to having some in his system. You've gone from the alcohol being the biggest factor in the accident to it playing a part in the accident. This is you back peddling.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021

Patrick Cote was jailed after confessing to two armed robberies (banks) in the Montreal area.

He played 105 NHL games for Dallas, Nashville, and Edmonton.
Looks like he was serving prison time for another bank robbery when he was shot by a CO in 2016. Cote was apparently attacking another inmate which prompted the shooting.

Article is in French:

• Wow
Reactions: DaveG

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Here is a direct quote from your first post

"Dany Heatley was responsible for killing teammate Dan Snyder in a reckless accident in which he was under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 3 years probation for homicide for killing the man with his reckless behavior."

And your most recent

"I can understand an appreciate your point that the two are classified the same. Personally I think it’s worth noting the difference in context of the negligent/reckless behavior between boy paying attention and someone speeding with alcohol in their system. I’ve got a hard time giving the benefit of the doubt here, is all."

He's gone from being under the influence of alcohol to having some in his system. You've gone from the alcohol being the biggest factor in the accident to it playing a part in the accident. This is you back peddling.
I always thought it played a big factor.

If that’s how you take it then that’s how you take it. If there’s anything else you wanna say to me on the matter, my DM’s are open. Have a good one.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Reactions: NyQuil

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Apologies everyone for my derailing of the thread.

As for the topic at hand, there’s an interesting one that even got its own Netflix documentary about the mob owning a hockey team.

As expected they were tough, and even dirty at times. Interesting story with a lot of under-the-table mob stuff going on. Seems like an episode of The Sopranos that never made it off the cutting room floor lol.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

Boucher who was 17 at the time molested a 12 year old girl of the family who was billeting him. Just absolute nasty stuff. And alleged 2 more victims aged 15/17 accusing him of soliciting nudes when he was 21.

Just nasty guy. Sarnia removed all of his accolades (he was a profilic junior scorer).

Edit: doesn’t specify when he was charged, just his guilty plea and sentencing

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021

Boucher who was 17 at the time molested a 12 year old girl of the family who was billeting him. Just absolute nasty stuff. And alleged 2 more victims aged 15/17 accusing him of soliciting nudes when he was 21.

Just nasty guy. Sarnia removed all of his accolades (he was a profilic junior scorer).

What I don’t understand is why this was kept under the rug for so long considering he was charged in 2011. Lou Lamorello said he didn’t know about this incident but I find that extremely hard to believe. Perhaps it just simply went under the radar considering his age and the fact that nothing happened for a long period of time
I don’t know anything about the incident in question but if he was 17 when the crime took place then there may have been restrictions on publishing his identity.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Apologies everyone for my derailing of the thread.

As for the topic at hand, there’s an interesting one that even got its own Netflix documentary about the mob owning a hockey team.

As expected they were tough, and even dirty at times. Interesting story with a lot of under-the-table mob stuff going on. Seems like an episode of The Sopranos that never made it off the cutting room floor lol.

Mike Rupp is a regular on local radio, he was asked if he was ever paid with a suitcase of money when he played there. Rupper refused to answer.

That team was wild though, pure on goon squad. If they weren't going to beat you on the scoreboard they were at least going to beat you with their fists.

Even their starting goaltender had what I'd consider a lot of PIMs for a goalie.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Mike Rupp is a regular on local radio, he was asked if he was ever paid with a suitcase of money when he played there. Rupper refused to answer.

That team was wild though, pure on goon squad. If they weren't going to beat you on the scoreboard they were at least going to beat you with their fists.

Even their starting goaltender had what I'd consider a lot of PIMs for a goalie.
Thats funny about Rupp, I forgot he played there.

The article I posted said they even fought a referee once. Im sure there were some post-game “conversations” in the parking lot too lol.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Kristian Huselius, Henrik Tallinder, and Andreas Lilja were all accused of rape in Sweden during the 2005 lockout. The matter was dropped, twice, due to a lack of evidence.

In 2005, Huselius and fellow Swedish hockey players Henrik Tallinder and Andreas Lilja were investigated on suspicion of sexual exploitation. In March 2005, all three players were suspended from the Swedish national team for one year, with Huselius and Tallinder being released by Linköpings HC and Lilja being suspended by Mora IK for the rest of the season.

On 9 February 2005 a 22-year-old woman accused the trio of raping her. Two days later, police dropped their investigation due to a lack of evidence. However, a special prosecutor reopened the case in March, leading to the suspensions. Huselius and the others were cleared in June of that year after a special prosecutor ruled there was no evidence they forced the woman to have sex.

Jere Karalahti has had numerous run-ins with various law enforcement agencies due to his drug addictions. In 2008 he was charged with smuggling.

On 29 January 2008, he was charged with smuggling 9 lbs (4.09 kg) of amphetamines into Finland. According to the prosecutor, he also allegedly provided €20,000 (US$29,000) for smuggling operations. He has denied all charges. The drug ring is suspected of smuggling about 20 kilograms of amphetamines and hundreds of grams of cocaine from Estonia to Finland last year. The charges carried a maximum penalty of up to six years in prison. Karalahti was convicted and given a 20-month suspended sentence. Both Karalahti and the prosecution say they will appeal.

Willie Mitchell has fled British Columbia after allegations were made about him at his resort in his hometown. Not much has been reported since, apparently, it's still under investigation and Mitchell quickly moved to Florida.

Last edited:

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
Dany Heatley was responsible for killing teammate Dan Snyder in a reckless accident in which he was under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 3 years probation for homicide for killing the man with his reckless behavior.

The NHL and Atlanta Thrashers shamelessly supported him, and the victim's family apparently asked for him to not be imprisoned. (I don't know why in God's green earth that mattered).

Heatley disgustingly played 14 professional hockey seasons and earned over $50 million dollars in contract earnings after committing vehicular homicide on his former teammate.
There was a movie made about this in the early 90’s ( late eighties maybe ) called Gross Misconduct: The Life of Brian Spencer.
Well worth a watch. You can find it on YouTube now.

Sorry the above post was intended for the OP.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
NYR fans probably thinking this fraud and grand theft case.

1724717224519.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Ah, sorry about that.

Here's a quote:

There's a degree of logic to the fact that your decision-making is obviously going to be impaired as well as your physical abilities in the event of intoxication.

Things ive learned in this thread. Im so fkn tired of every thread turning into just two people arguing.

That is all
Not married are ya?

Might have missed it but Dave Forbes was tried for aggravated assault for mauling Henry Boucha on the ice

Result was hung jury with no attempt to relitigate

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Pete Stemkowski was convicted of criminal solicitation for trying to hire an undercover cop to break an arm and a leg of a business associate who owed him money.

Steve Durbano was sentenced to seven years for cocaine trafficking.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I call the bullshit. The family can emotionally forgive him all they want, but their feelings shouldn't factor into justice at all. He recklessly murdered a teammate and got a tap on the wrist (not even a slap). A second chance is maybe like, him getting a normal job and getting to live amongst the public. Not him making 50 mil playing professional hockey.

Do you think that you or I would have gotten 3 years probation for committing vehicular homicide?

Feel free to add as much context to Danton trying to hire a contracted killer as you wish if you think my assessment is unfair to him.

To be fair, maybe! Lots of people get very light to no punishments for driving under the influence. Depends on area and judges. DUI stuff is ridiculously under prosecuted for basically all of them. There are plenty of people who have been caught DUI'ing 5+ times and still have their freaking licenses. Whether you hit anyone or not, there is no way you should be able to keep your license if you are caught even ONCE. One time is all it takes for a DUI incident to kill or hurt someone.

Also want to say that as I thought I remembered he wasn't drunk as others have said was the case. He had some drinks, wasn't drunk under rules of the law. Speed was the reason for the crash, much like Paul Walker's death.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad