Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Trouba, there is only one thing I ask of you. As someone from Detroit, you should want the Wings to succeed. So please please please put us on your 15 team no trade list.
I'd say this as a guy who wishes SY would pursue, trade or FA, more high skilled players regardless of (reasonable) cost, Trouba at 5m and we dump Holl is a win..

If we can gain a pick even better....

Reactions: evolutionbaby

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'd say this as a guy who wishes SY would pursue, trade or FA, more high skilled players regardless of (reasonable) cost, Trouba at 5m and we dump Holl is a win..

If we can gain a pick even better....
Honestly, if we include Holl in the deal, we get a pick and Trouba has retention, I'd also be cool with it. I'm not sure why the Rangers do that though. They barely save any cap if they retain and we send back Holl. I've seen nothing except speculation that we'd get a deal that good.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Most are just trolling, like we do with the leafs.
Yup. Easy to love Detroit when they're bottom-feeding trash and to be forced to respect Yzerman when Tampa is steamrolling everyone in the mid 2010s.

Detroit gets up off the mat at all? They're getting trashed just because people who aren't Wings fans are apoplectic about them being back. Most other fanbases hate Detroit.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Honestly, if we include Holl in the deal, we get a pick and Trouba has retention, I'd also be cool with it. I'm not sure why the Rangers do that though. They barely save any cap if they retain and we send back Holl. I've seen nothing except speculation that we'd get a deal that good.

Only reasonable reason...holl buyout is less than Troubas and that's good enough for NY

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Why would Holl waive his NTC so the Rangers can buy him out?
Because he's not playing any hockey if he stays in Detroit. Maybe his agent found another team to sign him cheap. Heck, maybe the Sharks take him and play him once he can be on a cheaper deal.

ShakenNotStirred

Feb 1, 2015
NW PA
They're getting trashed just because people who aren't Wings fans are apoplectic about them being back.
A wise man once said if someone hates you for no reason, then you give that mother-trucker a reason!

Trouba retained for 2 years isn't bad. IF we make it into the playoffs, the Florida's of the world are going to manhandle us. We need more physicality.

The game morphs into some gladiator spectacle come playoffs time and we aren't built to make it there, let alone compete. Yet.

Reactions: SoupNazi

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Edvinsson, Seider, Chiarot, and Trouba combined is prounounced "physicality in the top 4"
Edvinsson has not yet fully adjusted to the NHL nor filled out in his frame to qualify him as a physical player. Really, Seider still has room to improve in physicality as well.

But I agree that this hypothetical top 4 would be heading in that direction.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Edvinsson has not yet fully adjusted to the NHL nor filled out in his frame to qualify him as a physical player. Really, Seider still has room to improve in physicality as well.

But I agree that this hypothetical top 4 would be heading in that direction.

Agreed. I liked how Ed played but I saw nothing that qualified him as a physical Dman. He needs to put on weight and muscle. Most times when he tried to get physical with a player, he bounced off them with little effect.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Agreed. I liked how Ed played but I saw nothing that qualified him as a physical Dman. He needs to put on weight and muscle. Most times when he tried to get physical with a player, he bounced off them with little effect.
He was physical in GR, and he actually trains in MMA in off season to work on his balance, so that could prove useful for him

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We would still have space to go after Kane or Stamkos, though I think Kane was a bit of a square peg in a round hole here.
Kane highest hockey IQ since Datsyuk in Red Wings uniform. Very important, for me , to play our top prospects with him. Stamkos will bring a lot of leadership and I am not sure it's good thing, how this will effects Larkin leadership

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah trouba retained would be a big get for the wings. He played over 21 mins a night on a team where his pairing also played the hardest matchups and won the presidents trophy. Oh no, he didnt look amazing against Florida in theconference finals. He would take some serious pressure off of Seider and be by far the second best dman on the team.

He also brings some physical edge that will help draw some of these younger guys into the fight a little more

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It wasn't just Florida it was the entire playoffs but yea him at 5.5 million for 2 years wouldn't be bad. I'm still holding out hope for Roy, though.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Edvnssoon needs experience and the confidence that comes with it more than he needs muscle. What he's capable of doing with the puck is a big part of his future and that won't necessarily be helped by gaining 15-20 pounds of upper body mass. He has a willingness to be physical, his effectiveness needing better understanding of timing and leverage. He is going to get a bit stronger over the next couple years and that will help too, but he is always going to be a tall, lanky guy more likely to tie people up than hammer them. His stick will be a more often used and better defensive tool than big hits. To what extent physicality becomes part of his game is unknown but he is not soft or disinterested.

A top four of Chiarot-Seider, Ed-Trouba would indeed be one of the league's most physical units. Seider is already one of the league's most physical D and Trouba is not far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad