Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign D Lucas Carlson to 2 year deal

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
LHD.jpg

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Oh wow. I like.

AHL All-Star last season. He scored a hat trick against us the first time we faced Charlotte last season. 12 SOG for him in that game. Between him and Thompson there should be a lot of offense coming from the Cuda defense.

I have to wonder if we're going to make a D for F trade, because with him and Schuldt coming in, there's just straight up too many bodies on the AHL defense now. This makes what, eleven or twelve now?

DoubleOT

Jan 5, 2017
San Jose, CA
Sounds like a great pickup for the Cuda!

He's been very productive at the AHL level but hasn't managed to stick in the NHL. Closest has been 40 games for the Panthers a few years back. I wonder why he hasn't been able to make the jump. I'll look forward to seeing him play up close at TechCU.

Reactions: landshark

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
According to cap friendly his guaranteed minimum is $500,000 year 1 and $525,000 year 2. Nice to see them spend to get high quality AHL talent.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

Save us Celebrini!
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yea yea but what about that Erik guy that also plays defense. It would be awesome if DW could convince Dubas to send him back to us. Then we would know that DW was always a Shark at heart. And we need RD!

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Yea yea but what about that Erik guy that also plays defense. It would be awesome if DW could convince Dubas to send him back to us. Then we would know that DW was always a Shark at heart. And we need RD!
With only 3 years left I would actually take on the EK contract for free. Especially if it also can free up a retention slot.

This team needs puck moving RD and you can’t get much better than EK. The contract expiring in 3 years means it won’t hurt the cap when money will be needed for Celebrini and Smith extensions.

It would be gangster to get a 1st for EK that turned into Dickinson only to get EK back for free. Basically getting a free 1st plus Granlund for one year of tanking to get Celebrini.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
With only 3 years left I would actually take on the EK contract for free. Especially if it also can free up a retention slot.

This team needs puck moving RD and you can’t get much better than EK. The contract expiring in 3 years means it won’t hurt the cap when money will be needed for Celebrini and Smith extensions.

It would be gangster to get a 1st for EK that turned into Dickinson only to get EK back for free. Basically getting a free 1st plus Granlund for one year of tanking to get Celebrini.
Would honestly be hilarious. I'm down

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
August 6 makes one year after the original trade, at which point Sharks are eligible to bring him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad