Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Holl is a healthy scratch on a non-playoff team and Trouba is a top-4 on a President’s Trophy team. Big upgrade AINEC, regardless of Trouba’s faults.

Kakko is nothing, but so is Veleno. Joey Stomps-a-Lot has far less value than you’re trying to illustrate. He’s not a good center.
Trouba will end his career in New York being a third pairing defenseman. It's not like he was stable all season. He started the season on the first pairing, by December his ATOI started to drop and by the playoffs he was firmly on the third pairing.

This deal has shades of the Debrincat trade last year. Trouba likely only willing to waive to a select few teams and only one, Detroit, can make it work. So Detroit is holding NYR's feet to the fire leading up to FA when they'll need that cap space.

Except Debrincat has value.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
No one on this roster outside of Larkin, Seider, Raymond, Ed, and DBC are worth giving two f***s about and people getting their dicks in a twist about Stompin' Joe Veleno is just more evidence that like a quarter of the posters here are not operating in good faith.

Reactions: Gibby

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
No one on this roster outside of Larkin, Seider, Raymond, Ed, and DBC are worth giving two f***s about and people getting their dicks in a twist about Stompin' Joe Veleno is just more evidence that like a quarter of the posters here are not operating in good faith.
His value is he's cheap in a year that Detroit needs to give their two young good players raises. That's it. And that's not so bad.

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
It's still a loss. The only way its neutral or a win for Detroit would be if Detroit doesn't send a pick or prospect and NYR sends over a prospect. If not Detroit adds an offensive winger that can't produce offense and a 3rd pairing defender that is bad defensively.
The difference between it being good or bad is a 4th round pick? Sure, ok.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
If getting Trouba costs us nothing but a late pick or fringe player/prospect I don’t see the harm. The rumored Kakko/Trouba for Holl/Veleno/4th would be a good trade I think. We know Veleno has no real future but Kakko at least has a shot to revive himself on a new team. If he can become even a serviceable middle 6 guy it’ll be a huge win and upgrade on career 4th liner Joey V

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
This deal has shades of the Debrincat trade last year. Trouba likely only willing to waive to a select few teams and only one, Detroit, can make it work. So Detroit is holding NYR's feet to the fire leading up to FA when they'll need that cap space.
I want them to retain plus prospects. We have to be willing to walk away if they don't budge.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Not be terrible lol? We win that trade by far. Trouba at 5.5 for 2 more years actually has value in this league. And kakko would instantly make our bottom 6 way better. Plus we dump holls bad contract. Would be like getting trouba for 3 million.
Detroit gives President trophy winning New York nearly 5 million dollars in cap relief and a prospect and Detroit gets a nose diving third pairing d man and a bottom 6 winger. This is when Detroit doesn’t have a ton of cap flexibility and needs to spend 17 million dollars to lock up two of their best players long term. Adding these players would leave 11 million to sign 6 players, one of them rumored to be extending ghost.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I want them to retain plus prospects. We have to be willing to walk away if they don't budge.
What would you send the Rangers for Trouba.? Realistically maybe Maatta and a 2nd or third round pick. If we could send Holl or Petry that would be a bonus but won't happen. I have a hunch Ghost walks. I expect Seider and Raymond cap hit will be between 15-16 million.. Do we sign Kane for 5.5 AAV for three years? What I do expect though is that Stevie is far from done with trades

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad