Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
If he's getting offers of 6mil he would have signed it already.

I'm not buying it

If it’s from bottom feeders, he has a tough decision to make. A lot of dough or a chance at a Cup for a lot less

It’s believable, whether or not it’s true

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Nah

What exactly does the Oilers d core look like after that? You're comfortable with Josh Brown as the #6 all season?

Henrique won't be back, and at this point I don't think Janmark will be back either. I'm still optimistic on Janmark though.
I don't really see any issue regularly playing Brown if he's with Kulak.

You could always bring in someone at the deadline too.

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Unfortunately again, any Ceci upgrade is going to have to happen at the deadline. Any legit top 4 D got 5M + AAV in UFA. Kane or Mcleod trade is only way to facilitate Henrique + Janmark. I bet ANA/CHI or some other shit team is willing to give Henrique 5+ for like 3 years, and that would be insane to pass up.
Yep
we are absolutely tight up against it, but there is time yet. We can go over by about 9 million too and figure it out before the season starts also

Reactions: Old Boys Club

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
It can't be too hard to move Ceci if you throw in a sweetener that has one year left replace him with a million-dollar signing and it gives us plenty of room
Would you honestly even have to throw in a sweetener?

I mean, Vinny just got 2 mil per. Not to mention the other contracts that have been signed today. I just don't know who Ceci's replacement would be.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I said elsewhere that we finally won't have to see bottom 6 wingers rotating around on the top 2 lines, but maybe now you just keep doing that and put together 3 lines.

Hyman-McDavid-Holloway
Kane-Draisaitl-Arviddson
Skinner-RNH-Brown?
Janmark (hopefully)-McLeod-Perry

??

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Nah

What exactly does the Oilers d core look like after that? You're comfortable with Josh Brown as the #6 all season?

Henrique won't be back, and at this point I don't think Janmark will be back either. I'm still optimistic on Janmark though.

You can address defense via trade with the 2026 1st, prospects and whatever.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Ekholm-bouch
Nurse-broberg
Kulak-ceci
Brown

Honestly that’s completely fine.

Trade Ceci + 1st + for a D upgrade at the deadline and my god this team can do some damage

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Henrique, in his post-season scrum, alluded to a 'price for winning'. Not sure if that means less money and a not so warm and sunny destination in Edmonton as compared to northern California, or something else. But I am guessing he's having some pretty heavy discussions with his wife and kids.

Still not expecting him back, and wondering what's up with Janmark as well.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Henrique, in his post-season scrum, alluded to a 'price for winning'. Not sure if that means less money and a not so warm and sunny destination in Edmonton as compared to northern California, or something else. But I am guessing he's having some pretty heavy discussions with his wife and kids.

Still not expecting him back, and wondering what's up with Janmark as well.
Radio silence on both of them is kinda weird, but now I wonder if maybe the team was waiting for the Skinner chip to fall so they could sort out the rest.

Reactions: Shizuka

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
You can address defense via trade with the 2026 1st, prospects and whatever.
And with what money then if you expect Henrique & Janmark back?

The post I replied to also had Kane on the roster. I also don't see a reality where Henrique is back.

I believe the only way you upgrade Ceci, is unloading his & Kane's contracts.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Holy shit the Oilers are deep up front now.

Wonder if they view the D as adequate right now to get through the season and they add a core piece at the deadline.

That top 9 is absolutely deadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad