Trouba huge hit

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Aside from what looks to be a concussion, the worst part of this hit is that, once again, “toughness” demands players jumping an opposing player over a clean hit. Glad they finally assessed the instigator penalty to hopefully stop some of that nonsense.
Sorry but in a blowout game like that and you see your teammate get destoy'd like that, I sure hope you jump the guy. And they should have gone after him again till the last horn.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I'd love to see all these rags and leaves fans in this thread react to Xhekaj hitting one of their players the same way. I have a feeling their reactions would be somewhat different.

There's a word for this I think... What is it... Ah yeah, hypocrisy.

No, it's called bias.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway

This just proves my point and not yours. He clearly hits the body first which you can see even on the bad replay from behind the net on the way he is flying backwards. Opponent also not rocked in the head either as he is getting up without much issues too the bench and gets even though hard hit.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
This just proves my point and not yours. He clearly hits the body first which you can see even on the bad reply from behind the net on the way he is flying backwards. Opponent also not rocked in the head either as he is getting up without much issues too the bench and gets even though hard hit.

Sure. Whatever you think.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Sorry but in a blowout game like that and you see your teammate get destoy'd like that, I sure hope you jump the guy. And they should have gone after him again till the last horn.

Which is such a stupid mentality. “My guy just got blown up for skating with his head down… let me take stupid penalties on top of it to ensure we have no chance at all to win the game! Because TOFF!!!!”

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I'd love to see all these rags and leaves fans in this thread react to Xhekaj hitting one of their players the same way. I have a feeling their reactions would be somewhat different.

There's a word for this I think... What is it... Ah yeah, hypocrisy.
Xhekaj wouldn’t do something like that - he’s a healthy scratch.

• Haha
Reactions: Bluenotes27

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Trouba certainly triggers a lot of people. Barron put himself in a vulnerable position and Trouba hit him hard. Hockey is a combat sport and on ice awareness is a thing and if you're playing the Rangers Trouba is definitely someone you should be aware of and he's always been this way.....it doesn't matter what the score is or how much time is left or if the player is a 4th liner or a superstar. He plays this way all the time every shift he's out there.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
It's clean by the book.
But that says more about the book than about the hit.

You are correct....

I HATE these hits.. hate them.

But till NHL changes the rule, they'll keep happening.

There's nothing malicious or predatory about stepping up on/closing out a puck carrier trying to enter @ your own blue line. Trouba stays in his lane the whole time, and basically steps into him. Doesn't add speed or excess force, everything is tucked.

Like how are you gonna even rewrite the rule(s) to make this hit illegal? You might as well advocate for the banning of checking.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
There's nothing malicious or predatory about stepping up on/closing out a puck carrier trying to enter @ your own blue line. Trouba stays in his lane the whole time, and basically steps into him. Doesn't add speed or excess force, everything is tucked.

Like how are you gonna even rewrite the rule(s) to make this hit illegal? You might as well advocate for the banning of checking.
I'm fine with the IIHF rule.. or the CHL rule..

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
kH79guc.gif

Looks like a hit to the head to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad