Trouba huge hit

NYR Quest for Cup

Apr 29, 2012
I'd love to see all these rags and leaves fans in this thread react to Xhekaj hitting one of their players the same way. I have a feeling their reactions would be somewhat different.

There's a word for this I think... What is it... Ah yeah, hypocrisy.
This is an emotional reaction not a logical one.

No one wants to see their own player get hurt. Doesn’t make it a dirty hit.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
kH79guc.gif

Looks like a hit to the head to me.
Do you not see the last second move by Barron to put his head right in the danger zone? Trouba was coming in for a legal and clean hit

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I feel like there are a lot of you who just don’t want open ice hits. with the mentality of some of you, players should just play with their heads down otherwise any hit wouod be in the head and a penalty.

players need to be more responsible with their body position and how they’re skating, and just realizing who’s on the ice.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
For those that actually watched the game and have context:

Maybe if you're the Habs you don't start shit. That's 100% why that hit happened. Take your spanking and move on. Trouba is astutely aware of the game situation. That only happened because Gallagher is basically a coke head out there and couldn't take the L.

f*** around and find out is really what I'm trying to say

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Everything that's wrong with the NHL in one short clip.

1- Hit to the head in a meaningless game by a repeated offender, player is obviously concussed

2- Some "fans" blame the victim for lowering his head (you know that something's wrong in a culture when lowering your head is seen as worse than trying to kill someone)

3- Unsurprisingly, no penalty on the play

4- Matheson talks to Trouba

5- Trouba drops the globes FIRST

6- A fight erupts

7- Matheson gets the instigator penalty and is thrown out of the game

What a joke.
Very soft post, sir.

That’s a clean hit

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I'd love to see all these rags and leaves fans in this thread react to Xhekaj hitting one of their players the same way. I have a feeling their reactions would be somewhat different.

There's a word for this I think... What is it... Ah yeah, hypocrisy.

We criticized Anisimov all the time for skating with his head down. We've also been pretty clear that most of Chytil's injury issues have been self inflicted/due to lack of awareness. Nobody likes to see an injury, and I've had a few issues with some of the hits Trouba throws, but this one is textbook. The error here is 100% on Barron.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
What's next? If these guys can't use their shoulders to lay a hit then how the hell can they even hit ? Come on man.
What's next? If these guys can't use their shoulders to crush a guy's head and potentially finish their careers and do damage for the rest of their lives, then how the hell can they even play the game?

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
What's next? If these guys can't use their shoulders to lay a hit then how the hell can they even hit ? Come on man.
It's not about using their shoulder, it's about hitting their shoulder or body, not head, as initial point of contact.

Just to be clear, sometimes some players will make mistakes and hit head. But, this one doesn't really look like a mistake.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Everything that's wrong with the NHL in one short clip.

1- Hit to the head in a meaningless game by a repeated offender, player is obviously concussed

2- Some "fans" blame the victim for lowering his head (you know that something's wrong in a culture when lowering your head is seen as worse than trying to kill someone)

3- Unsurprisingly, no penalty on the play

4- Matheson talks to Trouba

5- Trouba drops the globes FIRST

6- A fight erupts

7- Matheson gets the instigator penalty and is thrown out of the game

What a joke.
You forgot the biggest problem of all with this.

8 - that Trouba didn’t hit him even harder and put him through the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad