Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Anybody hear Dreger interview on H&L? Curious if he had anything of substance to say RE: Trouba.

“I wish I had something firm… There’s just not a lot going on,†said Dreger. “What continues to be the case – and I respect the position of all involved – is that his agent, Kurt Overhardt, along with Kevin Cheveldayoff and ownership, including Mark Chipman, have just vowed that they’re not going to play this negotiation out in the media.

“So I don’t get the sense that there’s anything going on. What I do know, and I’m sure you guys have talked about this on the show, is that the majority, if not all, of the rumors that we’ve heard about – including one more recently where Trouba allegedly doesn’t like Winnipeg, doesn’t want to play for the Jets, and all of that – is, I’m told, nosense by those most active in that negotiation.â€

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
“I wish I had something firm… There’s just not a lot going on,†said Dreger. “What continues to be the case – and I respect the position of all involved – is that his agent, Kurt Overhardt, along with Kevin Cheveldayoff and ownership, including Mark Chipman, have just vowed that they’re not going to play this negotiation out in the media.

“So I don’t get the sense that there’s anything going on. What I do know, and I’m sure you guys have talked about this on the show, is that the majority, if not all, of the rumors that we’ve heard about – including one more recently where Trouba allegedly doesn’t like Winnipeg, doesn’t want to play for the Jets, and all of that – is, I’m told, nonsense by those most active in that negotiation.â€

This does not support my already entrenched beliefs so can't possibly be true. ;)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow, that's huge news actually!

There are a lot of indications that the Jets are moving towards taking a run at the playoffs finally.

Hope trouba don't pout about playing on left side. Not saying he would, playing with buff would be real good. Just could be sticking point in negs

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Another thought....

If Trouba is hoping or expecting his agent to orchestrate a move to a big desirable US market he might want to consider where some other high profile clients ended up... O'Reilly (Buffalo), Turris (Ottawa), Johansen (Nashville).

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Another thought....

If Trouba is hoping or expecting his agent to orchestrate a move to a big desirable US market he might want to consider where some other high profile clients ended up... O'Reilly (Buffalo), Turris (Ottawa), Johansen (Nashville).

I doubt chevy names trouba as 1 of the players jets fans are waiting to see when season starts if there was any indication he would be traded. also dreger said yesterday someone close to negotiations told him trouba wanting out of Winnipeg was nonsense. expect trouba on left side with buff this year.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Another thought....

And where one previous disgruntled player landed up. EK9 to Buff.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Somewhat old news, Maurice made these same comments earlier this summer.

A bit OT
If your going to potentially play Buff and Trouba together wouldn't it be easier for Buff to play his off hand ?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Maybe a little team orchestrated nudge in the negotiations?

Are you suggesting the team fed the questions to H & L? Not buying it. Trouba likely knew what Maurice wants to do a long time ago. There's no breaking news here.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Are you suggesting the team fed the questions to H & L? Not buying it. Trouba likely knew what Maurice wants to do a long time ago. There's no breaking news here.

No I'm saying maybe Chevy reminded Maurice that it doesn't hurt things to keep saying publicly when the opportunity presents itself that he intends to play Trouba on the top pairing with Buff.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No I'm saying maybe Chevy reminded Maurice that it doesn't hurt things to keep saying publicly when the opportunity presents itself that he intends to play Trouba on the top pairing with Buff.

Not sure how that helps negotiations. Trouba wasn't listening. It migh ease some fan anxiety a bit though

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not sure how that helps negotiations. Trouba wasn't listening. It migh ease some fan anxiety a bit though

No, but if the prevailing narrative becomes Trouba and Buff as a dynamic top pairing, rather than Trouba dragging around Stu that plays to the usage concern even if Trouba isn't listening to today's comments.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
No, but if the prevailing narrative becomes Trouba and Buff as a dynamic top pairing, rather than Trouba dragging around Stu that plays to the usage concern even if Trouba isn't listening to today's comments.

But usage could also mean left side. Not saying I think it's a big deal but trouba might?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad