Value of: Trevor Zegras this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
how many times does it need repeating, Ducks aren't actively shopping him. Teams are asking and Ducks are listening and apparently asking for a high price. easy to assume they value him highly.

also any player drafted in the top 10 would be lucky to have the career Zegras already has. some people value picks and potential way too highly lol
time will tell us whether or not that's true, it doesn't matter what ppl on HF say (Ducks fans or non Ducks fans). none of us know shit, there's no insiders here

that said it's not a coincidence when there's a ton of rumors/speculation about a player (especially a young one), usually teams/agents leak this stuff on purpose to generate trade convo

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
time will tell us whether or not that's true, it doesn't matter what ppl on HF say (Ducks fans or non Ducks fans). none of us know shit, there's no insiders here

that said it's not a coincidence when there's a ton of rumors/speculation about a player (especially a young one), usually teams/agents leak this stuff on purpose to generate trade convo
dont take it from me, take it from actual insiders who have said Pat hasn't been calling other teams about Zegras only listening.

"
“The Ducks have listened on Trevor Zegras. My understanding is they haven’t phoned a single team and brought up his name,” LeBrun told TSN’s Jay Onrait in February. “This is other teams because it’s been out there, picking up the phone and saying ‘What’s going on here?’ and the Ducks haven’t hung up.”

“I don’t get the sense right now that the Ducks are committed to moving him or they really want to move him,” LeBrun went on to say. “I think this is more that somehow his name came up and teams started calling.”

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Top 6 potential? He has 2 60 point seasons before his 23rd birthday. More like top line center potential.

Would you trad that for the 26+?
I'm not suggesting that Z is available for anything less then 5th. I'm talking about moving on to someone else and putting 26th and more on the table.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
dont take it from me, take it from actual insiders who have said Pat hasn't been calling other teams about Zegras only listening.

"
“The Ducks have listened on Trevor Zegras. My understanding is they haven’t phoned a single team and brought up his name,” LeBrun told TSN’s Jay Onrait in February. “This is other teams because it’s been out there, picking up the phone and saying ‘What’s going on here?’ and the Ducks haven’t hung up.”

“I don’t get the sense right now that the Ducks are committed to moving him or they really want to move him,” LeBrun went on to say. “I think this is more that somehow his name came up and teams started calling.”

ya but that goes without saying, the GM could have easily squashed the rumors as well by saying he's not trading him

for example, when MTL sent Xhekaj down for a training stint after he came back from his injury it was reported by Friedman that Hughes was getting a lot of calls about him, then he reported that Hughes outright told everyone that he wasn't available, a few months later Friedman mentioned that teams were still calling about Xhekaj but that Hughes stance was no different, he still told everyone he wasn't available

anyways convos like this don't go anywhere :laugh:, we'll just see what happens

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
ya but that goes without saying, the GM could have easily squashed the rumors as well by saying he's not trading him

for example, when MTL sent Xhekaj down for a training stint after he came back from his injury it was reported by Friedman that Hughes was getting a lot of calls about him, then he reported that Hughes outright told everyone that he wasn't available, a few months later Friedman mentioned that teams were still calling about Xhekaj but that Hughes stance was no different, he still told everyone he wasn't available

anyways convos like this don't go anywhere :laugh:, we'll just see what happens
and the habs gm said he wasn't trading subban, then he did. i dont really care about what a GM says when it comes to them not trading a player cause that can always change. what doesnt' change is the fact that as of now he's not calling teams about Zegras and only listening.

Reactions: TT1

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I love people acting like Zegras is some game changer. He’s talented absolutely, he’s a point producer but he is not what makes a team a winning team

Idk these takes seem pretty lazy at best…. He’s def been a game changer in Anaheim when healthy.

Where do you quantify “what makes a team a winning team”….. cause to me what makes a team a winning team is usually a team effort in hockey.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
how many times does it need repeating, Ducks aren't actively shopping him. Teams are asking and Ducks are listening and apparently asking for a high price. easy to assume they value him highly.

also any player drafted in the top 10 would be lucky to have the career Zegras already has. some people value picks and potential way too highly lol

It's strange how highly valued draft pick potential is, yet Zegras has no further potential for some reason to these people.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Potential is a crazy drug.
i agree with that overall philosophy in drafts (it tends to get overhyped and values get inflated, we fans do that a lot in particular) but value is still value, in the past when we've had years where the perceived depth has been good the draft ended up being pretty solid in hindsight

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
If I’m the Ducks, I trade him when his stock is higher. He’s not a player you win with. He’s a complimentary player. A great one? Absolutely. But not one that will show up when it matters.
Remember when he called out team Canada and delivered big time in the gold medal game and everyone was all over him drooling

Must’ve been a fantasy

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

IMG_5236.jpeg

There you go. Not picks and prospects. Before bothering with the “well, that’s what they’re asking for but will never get it” posts, read the part where Verbeek wants Zegras on the team.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Anaheim would want a hockey trade, most likely a young d man similar in age and pedigree.
I don't really see one - if you do please reply.

So, if there isn't one what is the value for Zegras? A 1st? Two 1sts? A 1st and blue chip prospect?
Zegras rumours we been hearing last 6 months must been true. Reports out of draft Montreal Habs had potential deal on table. Habs backed out when they got similar player in Demidov. Hughes said didn't want 2 of same player.

I always figured Montreal was in on Zegras. They lacked that kind of player and the connection with Caufield

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Zegras rumours we been hearing last 6 months must been true. Reports out of draft Montreal Habs had potential deal on table. Habs backed out when they got similar player in Demidov. Hughes said didn't want 2 of same player.

I always figured Montreal was in on Zegras. They lacked that kind of player and the connection with Caufield
You must be devastated about the Demidov pick if they are similar and you continually make things up like “lacks heart, substance” etc… about Z. (Spin the wheel of made up stuff)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You must be devastated about the Demidov pick if they are similar and you continually make things up like “lacks heart, substance” etc… about Z. (Spin the wheel of made up stuff)
Lmao. This is a gotcha moment for sure

The Don Hughes

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc

Actually, the rumor is that the Habs backed out when they got Hage at 21st. As that rumored deal was including that pick among other assets.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Actually, the rumor is that the Habs backed out when they got Hage at 21st. As that rumored deal was including that pick among other assets.
Zegras would be a nice add, we already have Dach/CC/Struble from that draft, I like him a lot. With both teams in rebuild mode they’re looking to add without losing too much in the exchange. Wingers are probably the easiest assets to obtain so IMHO the Habs will hold onto G Fowler, the big RD’s in their system and make moves around the margins…..salary dumps & vet moves. A Zegras trade will cost us something we’ll need sooner rather than later.

BTW, nice avatar…big fan of the trilogy.

• Love
Reactions: The Don Hughes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad