TSN: Treliving: "We've got young players for the 1st time in a long time that are pushing..."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

It has been said Leafs core does not have an Alpha. Chose One

• Cowan

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Minten

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Grebyonkin

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Knies

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Other Prospect

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Tanev - Interim

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I’ll be watching for when Knies hits 50 but I definitely won’t be holding my breath.
Put him on McDavids wing and powerplay unit for a few years and he's got an outside shot! Assuming he doesn't mind standing on the goal line taking "passes" off the shin.

Reactions: hotpaws

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
May depend on who he is lined up with, I doubt anyone playing with 34 is going to get 30
If Nylander has the spot beside 34 to start the year he's gonna easily get 30, come on now.

Reactions: arso40

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If Nylander has the spot beside 34 to start the year he's gonna easily get 30, come on now.
Fair enough, but if you stack that line with your two best goal scorers, you're further exposing a secondary scoring weakness.

Reactions: arso40

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
New team might be more realistic lol
Some days it feels like that. lol.
The next 10-12 months will shape this team and I just hope management has the stones and brains to do it right.
If they resign Marner and Tavares this build is totally doomed

Reactions: CincoHolio

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I’ll be watching for when Knies hits 50 but I definitely won’t be holding my breath.

He may not hit 50, but he came out of college with pretty substantial goal scoring potential.

He's got a much stronger offensive hockey IQ than I think he's been able to show so far in the NHL. Being thrown feet first into the top 9 at a young age has been a lot I think for him to deal with right away

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
He may not hit 50, but he came out of college with pretty substantial goal scoring potential.

He's got a much stronger offensive hockey IQ than I think he's been able to show so far in the NHL. Being thrown feet first into the top 9 at a young age has been a lot I think for him to deal with right away

15 goals in a season with his ice time and very limited PP time is good but I think people are getting way ahead of themselves.. the side of the road is littered with prospects that Leafs fans thought would be stars.

A lot of players break out in their third season so there is time, but I'll believe it when I see it.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
We should be pushing for an Askaravov trade. Having more solid goalie prospects in our pipeline would be nice.
He wants out of Nashville because they signed Saros long term and have Wedgewood there as well. He wants opportunity. He won't get that here with Woll and Stolarz signed for 3 yrs.

Only way it happens is if we send Woll the other way, but I doubt it.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He wants out of Nashville because they signed Saros long term and have Wedgewood there as well. He wants opportunity. He won't get that here with Woll and Stolarz signed for 3 yrs.

Only way it happens is if we send Woll the other way, but I doubt it.

I know it is not ideal, but if he is being sold cheap, I'd run a tandem of Woll/Askarov for a year and hold onto Stolarz as a #3 (they have the space for it right now), and then address it next year.

I think he is worth the gamble, and you can get a clearer view of which of Woll/Askarov could be a long term solution (hopefully both).

We are already gambling with our current tandem.

Stolarz is a 30 year old backup with a career high of under 30 starts, I don't think we should be too concerned about him.

I'd even ship Stolarz out somewhere and have Murray as #3, I'd be fine with gambling on one of the two younger goalies.

All this depends on the price, but I wouldn't base this on having Stolarz.

Reactions: bax

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I know it is not ideal, but if he is being sold cheap, I'd run a tandem of Woll/Askarov for a year and hold onto Stolarz as a #3 (they have the space for it right now), and then address it next year.

I think he is worth the gamble, and you can get a clearer view of which of Woll/Askarov could be a long term solution (hopefully both).

Stolarz is a 30 year old backup with a career high of under 30 starts, I don't think we should be too concerned about him.

I'd even ship Stolarz out somewhere and have Murray as #3, I'd be fine with gambling on one of the two younger goalies.

If he’s sold cheap you do it. There’s nothing else to even consider.

Reactions: bax

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Doubt he's going to be sold cheap, though. He's one of the best goalie prospects in the world, they aren't going to just give him away even with his demands.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
If he’s sold cheap you do it. There’s nothing else to even consider.
Doubt he's going to be sold cheap, though. He's one of the best goalie prospects in the world, they aren't going to just give him away even with his demands.

Goalies are usually not too expensive, he is requesting a trade, and he is requesting a trade to a team that has space for him to play.

I am not saying he is coming here for a 3rd, but I'd kick the tires, that's all.

I don't think Stolarz should stop us.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Goalies are usually not too expensive, he is requesting a trade, and he is requesting a trade to a team that has space for him.

I am not saying he is coming here for a 3rd, but I'd kick the tires, that's all.

For sure, and if Tre didn't ask about him then that would be a miss, but there will be a team like San Jose willing to offer a lot more due to their prospect/pick/young player depth. Askarov and his agent will also have some sort of a say as well, and I'd imagine he'd prefer to go to a team like San Jose where he will play at least half the games vs. being part of a trio here.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Goalies are usually not too expensive, he is requesting a trade, and he is requesting a trade to a team that has space for him to play.

Woll may be the answer, but they don’t know that today.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
For sure, and if Tre didn't ask about him then that would be a miss, but there will be a team like San Jose willing to offer a lot more due to their prospect/pick/young player depth. Askarov and his agent will also have some sort of a say as well, and I'd imagine he'd prefer to go to a team like San Jose where he will play at least half the games vs. being part of a trio here.
You can waive Stolarz or trade him.

If he is available you’d hope Tre would have inquired at the draft, but I wouldn’t hold my breath that he’d even think about that.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You can waive Stolarz or trade him.

If he is available you’d hope Tre would have inquired at the draft, but I wouldn’t hold my breath that he’d even think about.
If he inquired on him at the draft and he thought it made sense then it would have happened and then he wouldn't have signed Stolarz a few days later.

Either way, I don't think Tre is the kind of GM to sign a player then waive or trade him a month later.

Reactions: Menzinger

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If he inquired on him at the draft and he thought it made sense then it would have happened and then he wouldn't have signed Stolarz a few days later.

Either way, I don't think Tre is the kind of GM to sign a player then waive or trade him a month later.
I doubt he even thought about it, let alone inquire. He had Murray and Stolarz in his sites.

Yes, I agree, if he just became available Tre would let the backup goalie get in the way of improving the team.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
McMann is already coming off of a 15 goal season (in 56 GP), but 50 points may be a tad optimistic for Knies at this point in his career (sophomore season). I assume Cowan and Minten weren't mentioned because they currently have a combined four games of NHL experience, while Robertson still has to sign a new contract (which says nothing of his previous trade request).

Reactions: Anthrax442

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad