TSN: Treliving: "We've got young players for the 1st time in a long time that are pushing..."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

It has been said Leafs core does not have an Alpha. Chose One

• Cowan

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Minten

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Grebyonkin

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Knies

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Other Prospect

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Tanev - Interim

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
We think of McMann as a young player pushing for a job.

Dude is 46 days younger than Willy. 28 is not young.
New, yes. Young, no.

Ya, McMann is absolutely not a prospect. He's more like Bunting was when he arrived. Not established yet, but can possibly hold a top 6 spot.

I, personally, think McMann is going to be a great guy for the team over the next few years. I'm seeing 20 goals and some energy.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
He wants out of Nashville because they signed Saros long term and have Wedgewood there as well. He wants opportunity. He won't get that here with Woll and Stolarz signed for 3 yrs.

Only way it happens is if we send Woll the other way, but I doubt it.

Stolarz is a band aid. Won't be surprised to see if he is on waivers half way through this season.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I liked to see some young guys get a real shot. I think a couple could surprise forsure.

Maybe if a guy like Minten does well at camp then Kampf is easier to trade for peanuts.

I think there will be a pto or two as well. Unless they play amazing though... I think a kid or 2 should be on the roster.

I'm looking forward to that part of training camp. I think for the first time in a bit... the bottom 2 lines are going to be a big battle.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
I see people aren't too high on Holmberg. I for one think if he's given the opportunity, he'd be a great 3rd line center. He's proven to put up points when he's been given the opportunity to play with skilled players. He somehow managed to get 17 points in 54 games while playing minimum minutes with lesser skilled players. I would love to see our lines spread out with 3 even lines and with a energy 4th line

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Mcmann-Tavares-Marner
Grebyonkin-Holmberg-Nylander
Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Reaves

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I see people aren't too high on Holmberg. I for one think if he's given the opportunity, he'd be a great 3rd line center. He's proven to put up points when he's been given the opportunity to play with skilled players. He somehow managed to get 17 points in 54 games while playing minium minutes with lesser skilled players. I would love to see our lines spread out with 3 even lines and with a energy 4th line

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Mcmann-Tavares-Marner
Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Reaves

That third line has the potential to be better than some teams second lines.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I see people aren't too high on Holmberg. I for one think if he's given the opportunity, he'd be a great 3rd line center. He's proven to put up points when he's been given the opportunity to play with skilled players. He somehow managed to get 17 points in 54 games while playing minium minutes with lesser skilled players. I would love to see our lines spread out with 3 even lines and with a energy 4th line

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Mcmann-Tavares-Marner
Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Reaves

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Mcmann-Tavares-Marner
Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Reaves

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Nylander-Holmberg-marner
McMann-Tavares-Grebyonkin
Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok

We should let marner play with his favorite NHL player.

Last edited:

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
As far as I can tell the main reason people are down on Minten is the WJC last year. Perhaps some link between his draft position and size to Freddy the Goat.

I've still got high hopes for him. He didnt have crazy junior numbers, but I think he can be one of those all around players who excels at the pro game, maybe just not this year.
Yup Minten will fill a role, I have no doubt about that. When we drafted him I suggested if things go really well for him he could take on a similar role to Danault but maybe not quite as well as him. That suggestion went over like a lead balloon with hf leafers. 😂
The majority want flash and dash but I’m perfectly fine with those committed to a 200 ft game.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yup Minten will fill a role, I have no doubt about that. When we drafted him I suggested if things go really well for him he could take on a similar role to Danault but maybe not quite as well as him. That suggestion went over like a lead balloon with hf leafers. 😂
The majority want flash and dash but I’m perfectly fine with those committed to a 200 ft game.

I just think we want it all.

Stajan for example, was a pretty whatever player, for around 1,000 games.

I think some have tried to disparage him with reference to Stajan.

6'2", 194 lb.

Not sure if he can add weight, but he isn't small, and is noted for his leadership.

Funny, it seems he's been discussed so much and he just turned 20 in July.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
If he inquired on him at the draft and he thought it made sense then it would have happened and then he wouldn't have signed Stolarz a few days later.

Either way, I don't think Tre is the kind of GM to sign a player then waive or trade him a month later.
That’s more up the alley of the Vegas Golden Knights.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Excited to see what all the hubub is about with Grebyonkin this camp. He was injured these last playoffs so he didn’t get to shine as much. His highlights show a tall, fast, skilled player with a great shot and not afraid of board work or the traffic. Wonder if his defensive game needs a bit of work in the AHL first.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Excited to see what all the hubub is about with Grebyonkin this camp. He was injured these last playoffs so he didn’t get to shine as much. His highlights show a tall, fast, skilled player with a great shot and not afraid of board work or the traffic. Wonder if his defensive game needs a bit of work in the AHL first.

The good thing about having two Selke candidates is they can help carry someone defensively.

Right?

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I just think we want it all.

Stajan for example, was a pretty whatever player, for around 1,000 games.

I think some have tried to disparage him with reference to Stajan.

6'2", 194 lb.

Not sure if he can add weight, but he isn't small, and is noted for his leadership.

Funny, it seems he's been discussed so much and he just turned 20 in July.
If Minten plays 1000 games in the NHL that is a massively successful career for a 2nd round draft pick. I think a good comparision is Anthony Cirelli with a bit more size. Nothing wrong with a strong 3rd line center.
While he already plays a Pro game I see him starting the season in the AHL no matter what. Let him develop his offensive game at that level with a player like Alex Nylander or Steeves.

He will add weight he is only 20. 10 to 15 more lbs of man muscle to be tacked on over the next couple of years.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
News from Muskoka

"Seeing Cowan and Minten up with the guys is also a strong sign as both players will be in contention to try and win a spot in the Leafs' lineup out of camp. Minten was in the opening-night lineup last season and played in four games before returning to Junior. Now 20 years old, if Minten doesn't crack the lineup, he'd be eligible for the Toronto Marlies."

Reactions: bax and ULF_55

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If Minten plays 1000 games in the NHL that is a massively successful career for a 2nd round draft pick. I think a good comparision is Anthony Cirelli with a bit more size. Nothing wrong with a strong 3rd line center.
While he already plays a Pro game I see him starting the season in the AHL no matter what. Let him develop his offensive game at that level with a player like Alex Nylander or Steeves.

He will add weight he is only 20. 10 to 15 more lbs of man muscle to be tacked on over the next couple of years.
Nothing wrong having a Cirelli type on the team, in fact it’s necessary if they ever want to contend.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad