Rumor: Travis Konecny looking for ~10M/Y on a long term deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
He's gonna be looking for a long time.

Are you one of those people that doesn't understand physical play in hockey is part of being hard to play against. Which is part of team defense?
Alright. Then he is so atrocious defensively that even despite this physicality boost you think exists, the end result is still shit defensive results. Does that work better for you?

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Notes a concussion in 2014-2015 in his draft year

He was also concussed 2019

Fox Sports* notes three more "upper body" injuries since then.
I follow the Flyers fairly closely and I believe the more recent upper bodies are more to do with his shoulder, if anything he has recurring shoulder issues, not concussion issues. I wouldn't say a concussion in 2014 and again in 2019 are issues for him in 2024 and beyond

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
10 mil per year for Konency is crazy af. Guy's a 1st line player but this contract would likely take him to his mid 30's, I assume he'd age well but 10 mil meh, seems risky, the Flyers cannot afford him, they should move him to a contender or a team looking to try and contend.
Can you elaborate on the bolded? My recollection would be this type of player (undersized but with a physical presence) tend not to age well. I really like Konency, but an 8 year deal would really scare me. I could see a shorter term deal in that range - because the Flyers need some veteran experience to help the younger guys transition to the NHL. IMO - it's more about the term than the AAV.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Starting number. Will be closer to $8 million. If they front end load and make it all bonus money driven, cap can come down.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
The Flyers organisation has never been very good with contracts and money in general (they're still paying Bryzgalov until 2027), so it won't surprise me if they sign Konecny to a long term 10ml salary. It would completely cause their rebuilding train to jump the tracks.

Reactions: BernieParent

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
There is a point players simply aren't worth it or the risk. He isn't that good and Flyers suck. Once you pay him you get the Leaf affect. This guarantees no success.Toronto has crippled itself.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

Jim Jackson is long time Flyer TV PbP guy.

Thoughts?

Lol, if that's what he's asking then don't let the door hit his ass on the way out. The Flyers should have tried trading him at the draft and I hope if they're planning to resign him it's to a 5 year deal no more than $7.5-$8 million per year. But I still hope he's traded at the trade deadline this coming year.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Rumor is that he did, but then his agent had to spend a day explaining how that isn’t a real number.

images

Reactions: NyQuil

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I wouldn't want him at 8.5 tbh. Even 8 for Konecny I struggle with. Cap is going up though and the Flyers are ass.

Tough one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad