Rumor: Travis Konecny looking for ~10M/Y on a long term deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
He must really want out because this is an insane ask.

Don't get me wrong, he's really good but nowhere worth that much.

$8-8.5M aav sounds more realistic.

It's probably a negotiating tactic and he'll probably get $8.5-$9M... Flyers best option is to trade him for a center and a draft pick. I don't see how he fits into a rebuild.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
He's doing the Flyers a favor. The Flyers need a 1C bad so trade TK for assets, finish in the bottom 1/4 of the standings, get a pick inside the top 10, make a good selection, or leverage the other draft capital to move up, or trade picks for 1C (this would be most expensive option and not my preference, but still an option no less). Now they go into FA with a boatload of cap space, a 1C and Michkov.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
He has 64 goals and 129 points in his previous 136 games with minimal power play production. That’s a 39 goal per 82 game pace.

He’ll clearly be closer to $10M than $6-7M if he goes to free agency. Reinhart taking a huge discount to stay in Florida isn’t a meaningful comp for the market.

Flyers should’ve already traded him, but they have absolutely no clue what they’re doing.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I remember when Kaprizov was rumoured to be asking for $12m and Jason Robertson >$10m before both signing for much less.

No idea where these rumoured numbers are coming from and why people take them so seriously
Kaprizov got $9M on a 5 year deal. On 8 years, he gets pretty close to $12M. We couldn't go that high at the time.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Even signing him for 8 would be too much. He's a 30 goal 60 point guy and not elite defensively

In his last two seasons he's been on a 42 and 35 goal pace and a 83 and 74 point pace. He's also an elite PK-er.

I don't understand why people on here say things with such confidence when they clearly just don't know.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
In his last two seasons he's been on a 42 and 35 goal pace and a 83 and 74 point pace. He's also an elite PK-er.

I don't understand why people on here say things with such confidence when they clearly just don't know.
Goal/point pace means nothing. If you miss the games you miss the games. He just happens to miss quite a few games most seasons.

And yeah, he played well on the PK. He's still not great defensively. When he's locked into focus on 1 task on the PK, he shines. 5 on 5? Not so much

• Haha
Reactions: Regal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I remember when Kaprizov was rumoured to be asking for $12m and Jason Robertson >$10m before both signing for much less.

No idea where these rumoured numbers are coming from and why people take them so seriously

Ever consider that the Agent starts high and the Team starts low in negotiation? It's kind of typical.

He's doing the Flyers a favor. The Flyers need a 1C bad so trade TK for assets, finish in the bottom 1/4 of the standings, get a pick inside the top 10, make a good selection, or leverage the other draft capital to move up, or trade picks for 1C (this would be most expensive option and not my preference, but still an option no less). Now they go into FA with a boatload of cap space, a 1C and Michkov.

What kind of center do you think you will get?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Goal/point pace means nothing. If you miss the games you miss the games. He just happens to miss quite a few games most seasons.

And yeah, he played well on the PK. He's still not great defensively. When he's locked into focus on 1 task on the PK, he shines. 5 on 5? Not so much

Jesus Christ, just admit you were wrong guy, it's fine - we all are sometimes. He's objectively better than a 30 goal 60 point player.

He's not an elite defensive forward overall, but he's elite on the PK which gives a certain extra value to him too.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
With Krug potentially being out for the year the blues can add in his contract this year. Plus Konecny fits in age wise with Kyrou/Thomas/Buch

Cost is a different question but i expect the blues to be aggressive to try and get Konecny or Ehlers (if he is actually available)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

It's an idea about the caliber that a player is, their level of abilities. That's a different thing than just raw production.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Ever consider that the Agent starts high and the Team starts low in negotiation? It's kind of typical.

What kind of center do you think you will get?
All I know is the 2025 draft class is deep at the position so IMO the ideal scenario is selecting a franchise center in the top 10. I'm less interested in trading for one but I understand that's how they'd acquire a more proven NHL commodity. I don't like this option because of the assets needed, I feel like they'd be digging one hole just to fill another. The Flyers need to draft, draft and draft some more, build a nice core of cost controlled players, then supplement said core via trade and FA.

Dallas is how I would build an NHL team - 3 years in a row drafting some cornerstone pieces, then add to it with trades and signings. But the counterargument there is Florida who has only like 3 homegrown players on their winning roster, the rest from some savvy signings and trades.

What's the saying, you gotta be lucky to be good and good to be lucky? Hoping for a little bit of luck to come their way and Michkov is a nice start.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
This looks to be a guy willing to do what it takes to test the UFA market. No loyalty's (which is fine). He's going to the highest bidder period. Contender or not.

Realistically he's going to get a multi-year deal between 7-8.5 million depending on how well he does this up coming season.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Don’t blame him. I’d need way over market value to play for a franchise going nowhere

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
With Krug potentially being out for the year the blues can add in his contract this year. Plus Konecny fits in age wise with Kyrou/Thomas/Buch

Cost is a different question but i expect the blues to be aggressive to try and get Konecny or Ehlers (if he is actually available)
I don't see the Blues being interested in either honestly. They aren't going for it right now so it doesn't really make any sense to do so. They are likely just gong to go into the season with the extra cap space and maybe try to weaponize it to get some more assets. They do need a 2C but wouldn't have any interest in locking up another winger long term for big money any time soon, they just locked up Buch. They aren't going to be contending again until they can retool the defense and that will be awhile until they get some contracts off the books.

Reactions: TheNewEra

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

What do you think matters more, pace or actual points?

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Jesus Christ, just admit you were wrong guy, it's fine - we all are sometimes. He's objectively better than a 30 goal 60 point player.

He's not an elite defensive forward overall, but he's elite on the PK which gives a certain extra value to him too.
It's not just my opinion and quite a few hockey writers have echoed the same feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad