Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
u almost gave me a heart attack until I did a google search and saw there is no record of what you are saying

well, syndergaard immediately requested a trade the other day because he was so put off my the barclays center...you didnt hear? reportedly he didnt want to be in a city with that kind of atrocity on the sports landscape

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
An NHL player is used to being coddled. Probably the best player, and treated as such, wherever they played right up until they stepped on NHL ice.

They are also young and lack a certain maturity and experience. So this harsh, yet fair but true, reality is hard to understand.

The bottom line is that Hamonic, who still a young man, is facing another step in growing up. Life gives us all some very harsh blows and there are times when the blow is hard enough that all else seems irrelevant, but the truth is everything else in your life, including your commitments, are not irrelevant.

If Hamonic can find a way to work through whatever this is, while keeping his commitment to the Islanders, on the day he raises the cup, in that NY sweater, he will feel an immense amount of pride and accomplishment as will all those who helped him deal with this current situation.

Hamonic strikes me as a fairly mature young man. He also IS keeping his commitment.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
well, syndergaard immediately requested a trade the other day because he was so put off my the barclays center...you didnt hear? reportedly he didnt want to be in a city with that kind of atrocity on the sports landscape

why would Syndergard request a trade because of that, he is playing at Citi Field, I am not sure of what you are saying

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
All I can say is, if there is a deal between Snow and Chiarelli, prepare for one fanbase to be disappointed. :laugh:

The Oilers board will only put a combination or Eberle, Schultz, Fayne, and 2nd rounders on the table while I think most of us would demand either Klefbom or Nurse from Edmonton over here.

Snow's got his work cut of for him.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
i know a few others and I are in the minority, but we cant see these embedded tweets while at work...can you guys pls make an effort to type in the premise of these tweets? many thanks!

Hamonic is on ice for practice.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Yep. And while he didn't actually come out and say that, read between the lines people! Barclays will be the demise of NYI AND the Mets!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm not even mad at Hamonic, I just don't think he can replaced with a defenseman that a Western Canada team is willing to trade.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Hamonic is going to address the media and say, "November fools! Sorry guys, I couldn't wait until April."

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
i shouldnt have expected him to understand it, what was i thinking ;)

I understood it, but it was not funny, you were trying to make an anology between Hamonic "possibly" wanting out of NY because of the whole Brooklyn thing, and Syndergard who has no relation to the Islanders wanting out if NY because of the Barclays Center and the Islanders playing in Brooklyn.

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
Purely speculative, but hamonic agreeing to go to Vancouver when the distance between ny to wpg and van to wpg are nearly the same just tells me that hamonic doesn't like the nyc life

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Hamonic is going to address the media and say, "November fools! Sorry guys, I couldn't wait until April.

i wouldnt be shocked if he is in tears when he addressed the media....he has spent his entire career here and i totally believe the reports that this is a personal, family decision and has nothing to do with the isles....we are the only professional team he has known, drafted him and i am sure family issues aside, he would prefer to stay here

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
WAIT A SECOND!!!

Why couldn't hammer just stay with the Isles and commute from Winnipeg for games?

Certainly easier and probably cheaper than the LIRR.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'm not even mad at Hamonic, I just don't think he can replaced with a defenseman that a Western Canada team is willing to trade.

Yep, and that's the problem. Even if they did have a Hamonic replacement-type, why would they trade him? Like for like trades are a very rare occurrence. Unless it is a 3-way deal or Snow turns around and makes another trade right after, we should be prepared to be downgraded at the D position.

BroadwayJay*

Yep. And while he didn't actually come out and say that, read between the lines people! Barclays will be the demise of NYI AND the Mets!

Every time I see someone say "read between the lines", I think to myself "this person believes they hold the key to all the world's knowledge".

Just totally absurd. Read the actual lines, don't stuff your own biases between them.

BroadwayJay*

Purely speculative, but hamonic agreeing to go to Vancouver when the distance between ny to wpg and van to wpg are nearly the same just tells me that hamonic doesn't like the nyc life

Then he'll love Vancouver (LOL). That media out there is ... intense.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Vancouver likely has direct flights to Winnipeg.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
WAIT A SECOND!!!

Why couldn't hammer just stay with the Isles and commute from Winnipeg for games?

Certainly easier and probably cheaper than the LIRR.

It's not the commute, it's the arena. Hamonic probably prefers to play in a smaller one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad