Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Am I the only one that thinks it's ridiculous that he would be OK with Vancouver? Why not just stay with the isles. The flights aren't that different far off from each other.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I haven't read through the whole thread, but requesting a trade for personal reasons and demanding a trade because you're upset are two different things.

Hamonic may have said, "I'd like to be moved if possible..." and may not hold a grudge if he's not moved because the value isn't right. I hope he isn't moved, and I hope he doesn't hate that. If he is moved, I hope he does well and gets what he wants or needs, and that the team is able to get real value back.

With that team friendly deal there is no reason for the club not to get something similar in return, but they will likely pay more for whoever it is. They have no reason to move him for the garbage I read on the main board. Eberle? I want to get banned in my responses back to Oiler fans after the 100th time they throw that petite ballerina in front of our eyes.

Garth should take his time and get a decent return. Travis should still play his game during that time too, and I know he will.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I'm starting to think Hamonic just had enough with some of the BS here as a whole including some personal issues.

The fact that there's almost no discussion about it leads me to believe that he's at odds with management/coaching, including the new arena, and there may be just enough going on at home to really just want to get out of here sooner rather than later.

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
we better get a good return for this, I don't want it to hang around for too long or else he will start not playing 100% and we are gonna suffer both in terms of trade value and on-ice play

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
I'm starting to think Hamonic just had enough with some of the BS here as a whole including some personal issues.

The fact that there's almost no discussion about it leads me to believe that he's at odds with management/coaching, including the new arena, and there may be just enough going on at home to really just want to get out of here sooner rather than later.

This would be my best guess too... If I were in a situation where I had family stuff at home, didn't like my team situation and didn't like the commute change I might just look to change things.

Still this is all just wasted space until we hear what he has to say.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
we better get a good return for this, I don't want it to hang around for too long or else he will start not playing 100% and we are gonna suffer both in terms of trade value and on-ice play

Eh, that is not going to happen. If he wants out he knows that won't make it any easier. He may have off ice distractions that may cause his game to suffer though. In fact, the distractions to the whole team is what concerns me most.

Travis has no choice but to make a public announcement about the situation to quell the distractions.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Am I the only one that thinks it's ridiculous that he would be OK with Vancouver? Why not just stay with the isles. The flights aren't that different far off from each other.

Staple mentions that Snow has spoken with 15 to 20 GM’s…that’s a lot of teams that are “near home.â€

And I’m not trying to **** on Hamonic, but something is odd here…

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
This would be my best guess too... If I were in a situation where I had family stuff at home, didn't like my team situation and didn't like the commute change I might just look to change things.

Still this is all just wasted space until we hear what he has to say.

It's conjecture for sure, but definitely not my guess for the simple fact that Snow has proven in the past that he will move you if you are disgruntled, and for a less than stellar return. So if Hamonic wanted out for team gripes he'd be gone already, regardless of return.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Just find a way to get Trouba and be done with it.

Jets fan here...while Trouba isn't untouchable, I think the Jets would want something in addition as he's considered as the future star of the Jet's D.
There's a rumour that Entsrom is being shopped. Would he be of any interest? The jets could add a medium prospect like Armia.
Some combo of Myers, Buff, Ladd, Burmi, Stuart, Chariot, Stafford could also be available with some additions from either Wpg or NYI as needed.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Islanders are the only team where the entire team is taking the train in and spending their home games in a hotel, and the Rangers may have a few players who are doing a similar thing, but they are the Rangers and I am sure most players in the NHL would like to play on them if given the chance.

It's not that big of deal - people want to make it one, but it's not.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Staple mentions that Snow has spoken with 15 to 20 GM’s…that’s a lot of teams that are “near home.â€

Could involve 15-20 for a 3 way trade.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Going through this thread, it's nice to see islander fans have shown nothing short of pure class for Hamonic wanting to go back home for family reasons.

Too bad he's limited you to 4 teams, it'll be hard to get a good defenseman back from any team other than Calgary (probably Hamilton lol). I doubt Winnipeg sends Trouba and Van/Edm have no one comparable.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Eh, that is not going to happen. If he wants out he knows that won't make it any easier. He may have off ice distractions that may cause his game to suffer though. In fact, the distractions to the whole team is what concerns me most.

Travis has no choice but to make a public announcement about the situation to quell the distractions.
I don't think it was his camp, and I know it wasn't Snow's camp. That points me at one of the GMs Garth inquired with, or one of them talking to other organizations... someone from the other 29 teams and it would not surprise me if it was the ***** running St Louis.

Has he ever struck you as that kind of guy? I don't expect that at all. If I was Snow I would be more worried that he would put himself in harm's way and jack himself out being traded.

On the return, it will be substantial. That deal he signed is worth Travis' weight in gold. I could see Calgary going above and beyond for him considering their internal cap but their defense is their best attribute. Edmonton has nothing we need as Nurse isn't ready for prime time and the rest of their defense sucks easter eggs.

That list of teams is a real killer. I do not see an easy fit.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Well this sucks. :(

Love Hammer. One of my favorite players. But if he has some problems at home those are what should be most important to him. Still hurts to possibly lose him though.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Might be trying to swing a three way deal. I look at that short list and I see no obvious fit. Calgary has some suitable parts but they also have a good defense... why would they even consider it? Edmonton has forwards galore but 90% of them are midgets that couldn't knock a pillow over on their best day AND are so allergic to defensive responsibilities that when the coach draws up the X's and O's they think they are always the team pressing the offensive zone, O's or X's.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
What a blow. Hamonic is my favorite Islander and this will be no easy task for Snow.

Not that my hundred twenty bucks means anything, especially when someone has personal issues much greater than any amount of money. On that note, I NEVER purchased a jersey with a players name on the back until August when I got a Hamonic Home. I figured he was a mainstay and would be for years with his contract. Oh Well, I'll still wear it proudly.

We will not be happy with the return that's for sure. Snow also has no obligation to trade him, none. It would be the right thing to do but I am a strong proponent for him staying put if it means we don't get hosed.

Did people in Edmonton stop wearing 99?

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
I wonder exactly when Hamonic first asked for a trade. Because it is was prior to the draft would have been interesting to see what would have happened if we dealt both Hanonic & Reinhart to them. Perhaps we could have gotten their FIRST 3 picks... :sarcasm:

That said...If Hamonic asked for a deal prior to the draft then that is really telling that a deal couldn't get done with the Oilers...Especially since we did a deal with them - For a defenseman.

Rumor has it the request was made during the pre-season.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Agree, the pieces don't add up here imo. The isles clearly want him and if he wanted to stay I'd think a leave of absence would be do-able. Strikes me like harmonic has issues with the room or the new location but is being a good soldier.

Personally I hope whatever is going on in his personal life improves, the isles offer him time off and his opinion of staying here improves.

I have a simple idea.

Let us wait until TH addresses his teammates and then the media.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
There better be a loud chant yelling "Hamonic" on Friday and signs galore, this sucks. I love hammer, but I understand that family comes first and I respect that. He was really my favorite dman too, damn.

Just a simple, "Travis, we hope everything works out well." is all that is need.
"Travis, thank you for blood, sweat and tears."

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Going through this thread, it's nice to see islander fans have shown nothing short of pure class for Hamonic wanting to go back home for family reasons.

Too bad he's limited you to 4 teams, it'll be hard to get a good defenseman back from any team other than Calgary (probably Hamilton lol). I doubt Winnipeg sends Trouba and Van/Edm have no one comparable.

Here's the rub.

We almost need four or five threads.
TH to Canucks
TH to Calgary
TH to the Peg
TH to Edmonton
TH to this place

and hash our what each team has and possibly willing to deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad