Management Travis Green [Head Coach]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well, you did pose a question about whether Staios held the philosophy of hiring coaches without big league experience as a means to control them.

Travis Green has big league coaching experience, hence my comment about not being a rookie, so I guess that answers your question.
Yes he has NHL coaching experience; however, he was not very successful at it. Similar to DJ Smith. Some other coaches have both; it is unfortunate we did not hire one.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yeo was really liked in Vancouver, he did a great job Overall, he managed the penalty kill this year, but more importantly, the players really glow when talking about him.

He’s a good guy, with a lot of experience around the league, unfortunately, you wanted a long-term deal in Vancouver.

Overall, I think he’s gonna do well in Ottawa

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Generally like what I'm seeing from these hires. Some experience, some familiarity with Green, some continuity with the org. The only one I'm unsure of is the goalie coach given their continued performance after his hire, but who really knows what SS is gonna do with that position anyways.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Generally like what I'm seeing from these hires. Some experience, some familiarity with Green, some continuity with the org. The only one I'm unsure of is the goalie coach given their continued performance after his hire, but who really knows what SS is gonna do with that position anyways.

I would add Nolan Baumgartner to the unsure category. Very mixed reviews of him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Peters only came over to the big club mid Jan, idk how much of an impact in half a season, but for reference

Korpisalo went from a .884 sv% prior to Peters to .895% under Peter's

Still not great, but a marked improvement

Reactions: Relapsing

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
So that made me curious., so I checked,

Prior to hire 3.68 ga/game
After hire 3.26 ha/game

Reactions: Relapsing

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
interesting?

odd, is more like it.
Much of his work was in Belleville, and Bellville got pretty good goaltending this year, 10th in the league in team sv% I believe.

Hard to say how much impact Peter's had on the teams situation in net,

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I don’t know about this coaching group being close to best in class.
Not sure how I feel about the same group getting back together in green baumgartner and yeo even though I might like them individually.
4 assistants is quite a lot back there.
We’ll see how it goes. Glad alfie is back just hope he doesn’t get squeezed out.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Not sure how I feel about the same group getting back together in green baumgartner and yeo even though I might like them individually.
We’ll see how it goes. Glad alfie is back just hope he doesn’t get squeezed out.
At least Yeo brings some much-needed experience to the coaching bullpen. To be honest, and I know this is gonna be blasphemous to a lot of people around here, I don't really care for Alfredsson on the bench. He and Baumgartner have very limited coaching experience (especially, Alfie) and I'm just not sure why we're going this route. We don't need guys learning on the job, we need guys with experience and good, solid resumes to flank Green, who himself is relatively inexperienced and unproven.

I just really don't understand the way this coaching staff is being assembled.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeo has never coached with either guy before. He was in Vancouver with Beaudreau and Tocchet

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Don’t think Yeo was with Green, thought it was Tocchet and maybe Boudreau for a bit.

Reactions: Icelevel

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
At least Yeo brings some much-needed experience to the coaching bullpen. To be honest, and I know this is gonna be blasphemous to a lot of people around here, I don't really care for Alfredsson on the bench. He and Baumgartner have very limited coaching experience (especially, Alfie) and I'm just not sure why we're going this route. We don't need guys learning on the job, we need guys with experience and good, solid resumes to flank Green, who himself is relatively inexperienced and unproven.

7 years assistant coach ahl 5 years assistant nhl for Baumgartner. It's mostly with Green so I get your point, but it's not nothing. Is it common for head coaches to have guys that are usually on staff no matter what team they work for?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Baumgartner does have a long AHL/NHL resume at least. He He has been coaching since the moment his 15 year pro career ended in 2012 as he was hired as Assistant Coach of the AHL team he was playing for the season prior. 5 seasons of those with the Canucks. Also a sprinkling of international stuff and was captain of a few AHL teams as well as being in the AHL hall of fame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad