GDT: Traverse City 2021

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
Wouldn’t be surprised if we give Perunovich every chance to make club.
Given that the right side depth is very low, and Pernunovich plays the right side. I'd say this is definitely what the Blues are doing. A spot with the club is his to lose at this point.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Given that the right side depth is very low, and Pernunovich plays the right side. I'd say this is definitely what the Blues are doing. A spot with the club is his to lose at this point.

Right side depth is low, however he's not going to take Parayko or Faulk's spot. MAYBE he can win Bortuzzo's spot, although I think he needs a defensive minded partner, maybe the Blues will move Scandella to the third pairing? However I'd rather keep Bortuzzo on that 3rd pairing. In my opinion the ideal situation is if he plays on the left side, potentially next to Parayko. However he would really need to have a huge camp to earn those minutes.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Right side depth is low, however he's not going to take Parayko or Faulk's spot. MAYBE he can win Bortuzzo's spot, although I think he needs a defensive minded partner, maybe the Blues will move Scandella to the third pairing? However I'd rather keep Bortuzzo on that 3rd pairing. In my opinion the ideal situation is if he plays on the left side, potentially next to Parayko. However he would really need to have a huge camp to earn those minutes.

Bortuzzo is a really good 3rd pairing D. He’s physical and always willing to block shots. I think he should be the 7th D ideally.

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Walman Perunovich
Bortuzzo

I thought Walman really got better the more he played last year. He played better than Mikkola and brings more options. Traditionally the 3rd pair is a lot more physical but if the franchise believes in the kids they have to get ice time

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
By seasons end?
Krug - Parayko
Scandella - Faulk
Perunovich - Bortuzzo

I'm not in love with it, but it is the best balance I can come up with.

Reactions: Blues Knight

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Bortuzzo is a really good 3rd pairing D. He’s physical and always willing to block shots. I think he should be the 7th D ideally.

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Walman Perunovich
Bortuzzo

I thought Walman really got better the more he played last year. He played better than Mikkola and brings more options. Traditionally the 3rd pair is a lot more physical but if the franchise believes in the kids they have to get ice time
Yikes! That third pairing could be a train wreck defensively. If Perunovich makes the team, I really think he will need an experienced defensive partner.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Walman Perunovich
Bortuzzo

Walman - Perunovich would be fun offensively, however could be a defensive nightmare.

Personally this is what I hope:

Perunovich* - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Scandella - Bortuzzo
Walman/Mikkola

However, it's far more likely to get your lines with Bortz over Perunovich.

*I know he's probably not a top 2 defender (yet), hoever neither was Scandella or Gunnarsson. It's more to get the most complementary piece to play with Parayko.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Interesting how we have gone from really needing a 1st pairing two-way LD to penciling Perunovich in at the earliest opportunity.

Well, I'd rather get a proven good top-4 LD to play with Parayko, however I don't see that happening yet. It's not that I want us to immediatly play Perunovich next to Parayko, it's just that his competition might not be that much better.

If Berube keeps Krug with Faulk the candidates to play with Parayko are: Scandella, Walman, Mikkola and Perunovich. Eventhough it's probably going to be Scandella, he isn't indespensable. A really good camp of one of Walman, Mikkola and even Perunovich could see one of them bumping Scandella down to the 3rd pairing (where he should play IMO). And yes, neither of Walman, Mikkola and Perunovich is a top-2 defender (yet), however neither is Scandella. And neither was Gunnarsson when he was attached to Petro's hip. It's all about looking who matches best with Parayko and I wouldn't exclude anyone. However as Perunovich clearly has the highest ceiling out of any of those guys you'd hope he's the one up for it. But again, he would need an insane camp to do so.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Why not?

Code:
Krug - Faulk
Scandella - Parayko
Walman - Perunovich

38e9bf49e1debb87bf901168c980a7bc.gif

Reactions: simon IC

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
After watching the game, a couple of guys stood out. Perunovich stood out as the best skater and player offensively Really not a close second. Still think he should move up front. He looked like a kid skating circles around adults. Really small though. Smaller than Hugh McGing. Defensively....he left his spot a few times to chase the puck carrier leaving Tucker to cover him on the rush. Tucker was up to it though. Puck never stayed in the zone very long to really get a grip on his coverage. Defensively, Tucker and Luce looked good. Tucker stepped up on a few guys and made some nice first passes. Griffin Luce stepped up and didn't give up the blue line. Absolutely smoked a couple guys. Kind of like Gunnarsson with an edge to him as he blocked quite a few shots. They had Luce with Perunovich in the end and that actually worked well as Luce seems to be afraid of no one in front of the net. Perunovich won't be that fast versus NHL talent. Not sure how it will translate.

Laferriere stood out along with his linemates Washkurak and Dickinson. Seemed like they were just on the puck and pressuring not stop. Washkurak just buzzsawed a much bigger player.. Fun movement as an after the whistle altercation. Not impressed with Toropchenko or Alexandrov in that game. Galloway was pretty bad too. Like more out of Neighbours, he played better after he mixed it up a bit with another player.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Walman Perunovich
Bortuzzo

I'd like to see Perunovich with Scandella. Think veteran D would be good complement for him. But that means we either need to acquire another D to play with Parayko or Walman/Mikkola need to be able to handle that spot.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Things getting spicy and Tucker wants to drop with someone.

EDIT: Last post, I swear. Perunovich leads a rush up the ice after a faceoff win short handed, tries an ill advised pass in the offensive zone, turns it over, is several strides behind the Wings who are turning up the ice in numbers, but he gets back to break up the play. Little bit of everything there.

Now Brayden Guy absolutely feeds a Red Wings player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad