Training Camp Standouts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Seems like Honzek been having a great camp. I know he had a disappointing D+1 but hes the type of player I think will look better the higher the league he plays in. Not much junior style to his game.
He had horrible injury luck last year, only people who were calling him a bust were stat watchers. He would barely get back on the ice playing after one injury only to have something different happen to him. Him and Hunter Brew have impressed me the most at the Flames camp.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No prospect is standing out for the Wild. Marat had a nice game, showing off speed, passing, offense, as well as sound two way play, but he's close to a lock to make the team... don't know if he is considered a prospect any more. Ohgren scored tonight... looks ok, but doesn't jump out at you. He might make it, but some games down in Iowa wouldn't hurt, either. All of the others(Bankier, Heidt, Haight) had moments, but nothing to make me jump up and say, "hell ya!".

Dmen prospects(Lambos, Peart, Masters) were also up and down. Hunt was a steadier, but not exactly exciting, or a rock back there.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
It’s true. Was fighting a largely losing battle in the habs forum trying to explain to my fellow fans how colossal of a mistake the habs had just made. Sigh. Enjoy flyers fans.
Yep, everyone loves to laud Kent Hughes, but he and the rest of the staff made a HUGE blunder drafting boring Reinbacher, likely a 3-4 Dman, instead of Michkov....They are trying to make it up by drafting Demidov, but I don't think Demidov has the potential of a Michkov. And what if we drafted Tkachuk instead of Kotkianemi....I know that was not Hughes, but those two blunders will hurt us for years to come. BUT, love the Slaf pick when everything was pointing towards Wright, that makes up for one of the two previous blunders, not to mention savvy picks with Hutson and Fowler.

FliegerKorps

May 10, 2018
You can't on one end bash the habs for picking Michkov then call Reinbacher a bust already lol.
Yep, everyone loves to laud Kent Hughes, but he and the rest of the staff made a HUGE blunder drafting boring Reinbacher, likely a 3-4 Dman, instead of Michkov....They are trying to make it up by drafting Demidov, but I don't think Demidov has the potential of a Michkov. And what if we drafted Tkachuk instead of Kotkianemi....I know that was not Hughes, but those two blunders will hurt us for years to come. BUT, love the Slaf pick when everything was pointing towards Wright, that makes up for one of the two previous blunders, not to mention savvy picks with Hutson and

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
Yep, everyone loves to laud Kent Hughes, but he and the rest of the staff made a HUGE blunder drafting boring Reinbacher, likely a 3-4 Dman, instead of Michkov....They are trying to make it up by drafting Demidov, but I don't think Demidov has the potential of a Michkov. And what if we drafted Tkachuk instead of Kotkianemi....I know that was not Hughes, but those two blunders will hurt us for years to come. BUT, love the Slaf pick when everything was pointing towards Wright, that makes up for one of the two previous blunders, not to mention savvy picks with Hutson and Fowler.
I’m overall very happy with Hughes. Especially after picking Demidov which went some way towards reassuring me they weren’t picking prospects for the wrong reasons. Clearly they just felt Reinbacher would be the better pick. I believe it was a massive mistake but ah well. You don’t hit them all out of the park.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Honzek is turning over a new leaf. That injury really hampered his season. Now that he’s healthy, he’s really showing who’s a stat watcher on this site who’s not.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m overall very happy with Hughes. Especially after picking Demidov which went some way towards reassuring me they weren’t picking prospects for the wrong reasons. Clearly they just felt Reinbacher would be the better pick. I believe it was a massive mistake but ah well. You don’t hit them all out of the park.
I think Reinbacher will still end up an okay pick, specially in the grand scheme of things for Montreal... its not like its going to be a complete whiff of a pick.

Biggest question mark for montreal is prob goalie and centers.

Suzuki is great, but after that you have a lot of ? marks.... Im not as confident in Dach as montreal fans seem to be.... Hage could be a huge pick if he pans out.... beck should prob fill in as a depth center down the line.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
For the Rangers: C/LW Adam Edstrom, RW Brennan Othmann, D Zac Jones, D Victor Mancini, G Dylan Garand

Players that looked the same the last 3 training camps: Kaapo Kakko

I won't be shocked if Othmann makes Kakko expendable this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad