Training Camp Standouts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
What lists don't have Luchanko in the top 50, that's ridiculous lol. I was not happy about the pick, but I knew he had potential, and he's looked great so far through camp, seems like a good kid too.
Almost all of them. He was 58 on the most recent elite prospects list I think, and like 85 or 90 post draft in some of the central ones. There are threads around the boards for them, I just don't have the links off-hand.

EDIT: Here, hockeywriters has him at 82 as of 3 weeks ago. The NHL's Top 100 Prospects - Preseason Rankings - The Hockey Writers Latest News, Analysis & More

Reactions: Nabrules and Nevins

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Almost all of them. He was 58 on the most recent elite prospects list I think, and like 85 or 90 post draft in some of the central ones. There are threads around the boards for them, I just don't have the links off-hand.

EDIT: Here, hockeywriters has him at 82 as of 3 weeks ago. The NHL's Top 100 Prospects - Preseason Rankings - The Hockey Writers Latest News, Analysis & More

Wow, holy shit, that's kinda shocking for me, I had him near the end of the 1st round tbh. Thanks for the links. If he pans out, Flyers scouts looking like real superstars rn lol.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i don't think there has been one so far for the bruins. some hit or miss stuff.

lysell was pretty good on thursday after being not that good in game 1. same with merkulov.
bussi is still finding his way. i like riley duran, he will be a good bottom 6 guy in the near future.

wouldn't be surprised to see no true rookies on this roster. lohrei and poitras seem like locks but
they are closer to established NHL guys to me than green rookies. bussi will make it if swayman
isn't signed (unless dipietro outperforms him). brazeau and beecher are inexperienced guys but
i look at them in a similar light to lohrei/poitras - they are definitely on my roster.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Jett Luchanko just turned 18, and he 100% looks like he should be in the NHL now.....whether that happens or not is most likely not because of what he is bringing to the table.

Reactions: Nevins and FlyguyOX

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i don't think there has been one so far for the bruins. some hit or miss stuff.

lysell was pretty good on thursday after being not that good in game 1. same with merkulov.
bussi is still finding his way. i like riley duran, he will be a good bottom 6 guy in the near future.

wouldn't be surprised to see no true rookies on this roster. lohrei and poitras seem like locks but
they are closer to established NHL guys to me than green rookies. bussi will make it if swayman
isn't signed (unless dipietro outperforms him). brazeau and beecher are inexperienced guys but
i look at them in a similar light to lohrei/poitras - they are definitely on my roster.
I thought Brazeau looked good, or good enough to be useful as a NHL'er. Not graceful, but effective. Poitras didn't do much for me

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Keep seeing that Seamus Casey has been deadly with NJD so far and is really winning over coaching staff there

Last night he lead the team in 5v5 time and it wasn't even close. Nearly 2 minutes more than the next guy and 3 more than the 3rd guy. 20:19 for Casey, next guy at 18:28, and 3rd guy at 17:31. End of the first game they moved him up from playing with an AHLer in Vilen to playing with Siegenthaler. With Luke and Pesce missing the start of the year I simply don't see how Casey doesn't start the year on the team. He's been the best player on the team so far this preseason. He'll likely get pushed out once healthy due to the numbers game but he looks like an NHLer and potentially a quality one off the bat.

There's the clip earlier in the thread of Keefe talking about his game last night. Here's Keefe on him from after the game the night before and Jack from last nights game

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Last night he lead the team in 5v5 time and it wasn't even close. Nearly 2 minutes more than the next guy and 3 more than the 3rd guy. 20:19 for Casey, next guy at 18:28, and 3rd guy at 17:31. End of the first game they moved him up from playing with an AHLer in Vilen to playing with Siegenthaler. With Luke and Pesce missing the start of the year I simply don't see how Casey doesn't start the year on the team. He's been the best player on the team so far this preseason. He'll likely get pushed out once healthy due to the numbers game but he looks like an NHLer and potentially a quality one off the bat.
Perhaps the most impressive thing about his performance last night is that he was flown in from Montreal the night prior, so this was a back to back for him while most of the guys were fresh. Despite that, he still handled the most 5v5 mins and handled them like an all star.

When he was out there with Jack and Bratt you could see the instant chemistry. They could be insane together.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
A couple of players i've seen mentionned here,twittwr or saw play that have been standout in some form.

Adam Edstrom with the Rangers, could be on the 4th line. He's huge but can play as well.

Sam Savoie and AJ Spellacy have been fan faborites for the Hawks, I don't expect any of them to play in the NHL this year but could be a significant part of their bottom 6 in a year or two.

Nick Lardis had a good camp, terrible game last night, hawks fan hope that he can play in the middle 6/PP time in the jear futur (great shot)

Cal Ritchie has been really good, I think he gets a trial (especially with Nichuskin Landeskog and Lekhonen being out)

Oskar Olausson looks like he could get a shot at a role in the bottom6, maybe a early season call up.

Some players that I haven't seen anything about but i'm wondering Michael Buchinger and Juraj Perkacik (STL), Nurmi (NYI) and Firkus/Rekhopf (SEA).

Fun time to discuss hockey and prospect!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad