Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
So incredibly Jets-y that they more or less traded a young ascending DE for an older guy who was guaranteed to want a big deal before he even walked in the door

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Any close watchers have insight on the offensive line so far? They got largely panned for their performance Saturday but I'm more curious about training camp as a whole and moving forward.

Haven't heard a peep about Cybo. SVPG got decent reviews vs Chicago. Is Spencer Brown still looking like the projected big payday guy he was coming into the year?

I've been hoping for a near-dominant rushing team this season, as I really like Cook/Johnson/Davis with Allen, but it feels murky right now.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Any close watchers have insight on the offensive line so far? They got largely panned for their performance Saturday but I'm more curious about training camp as a whole and moving forward.

Haven't heard a peep about Cybo. SVPG got decent reviews vs Chicago. Is Spencer Brown still looking like the projected big payday guy he was coming into the year?

I've been hoping for a near-dominant rushing team this season, as I really like Cook/Johnson/Davis with Allen, but it feels murky right now.

Joe Marino got into that question early on in his All-22 review.

The Cliff's Notes was that 6 of the 8 sacks were on the QBs and some of the issues in the running game were timing related.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Shane B went on IR with the neck injury.

So, Buechele & Claypool to IR, WR Bryan Thompson was released, and the Bills have signed QB Ben DiNucci, WR Damiere Byrd, and WR Deon Cain.
Salc thinks that's season ending IR for Claypool (which could lead to injury settlement eventually).

MVS vs Shavers for the final WR spot now ?

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Joe Marino got into that question early on in his All-22 review.

The Cliff's Notes was that 6 of the 8 sacks were on the QBs and some of the issues in the running game were timing related.

Good to know but I definitely appreciate Cover 1's breakdowns more where they can use actual film plus Joe spends a lot of time talking about anything other than the plays.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Salc thinks that's season ending IR for Claypool (which could lead to injury settlement eventually).

They can bring back 8 players all season from IR and two that they place on IR in the preseason.

I think they will wait and see how the rest of the preseason plays out before deciding on whether they want to season ending IR both guys or bring back one or both after 4 weeks.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

They can bring back 8 players all season from IR and two that they place on IR in the preseason.

I think they will wait and see how the rest of the preseason plays out before deciding on whether they want to season ending IR both guys or bring back one or both after 4 weeks.

That only applies on Final roster day moves per Salc @Jim Bob
Could lead to injury settlement as well

Claypool's number has been given away also (14)

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

MVS has guaranteed money. Shavers does not. I doubt MVS gets cut

I think they probably carry 6

Shakir, Coleman, Samuel, Hollins, MVS, Shavers

Some special teams duty in there with Shavers probably.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That only applies on Final roster day moves per Salc @Jim Bob
Could lead to injury settlement as well

Claypool's number has been given away also (14)

Damn before it even started. What toe injury is season ending??
It won't keep him out for the next 4 months. They just want the roster space now and they don't want to wait to see if it will clear up.

The original day-to-day designation seems like it was overly optimistic and the injury did not heal as quickly with rest as they had hoped.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Turf Toe can be season ending right? Sounds crazy, just for a toe but I've seen that for sure right?

NFL is crazy how fast someone can rise, and then fall to being out of the league. I feel like Juju Smith-Schuster was amazing that one year. Nearly 1,500 yards!! 111 catches! (Big ben had 5,100 yards passing that year!). Even his rookie year was promising the year before at nearly 1K. He did have 983 yards and 78 catches for the Chiefs just two years ago.. I guess he needs a stud QB??

What in the world happened to him? he's 'only' 27. I will always remember that massive hit on Burfict and flexed on him, after he knocked AB out. Idk if that's just awesome football and sticking up for a teammate or just straight wild violence. But at the time I thought it was awesome.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Milano's helmet was taken from him before the end of practice. Seemed to be testing his arm. Early optimistic thoughts are stinger. TBD

Curtis Samuel dnp (suggested veteran rest day)

I wonder if there are any thoughts about cancelling the Steelers Practice at this point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad