Training Camp 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
so lets say for arguments sake that is the lineup come march. how many of those do you expect to be in the top 6 the following season?

Better chance of seeing god than that lineup.
They'll get 20 or so game cameos to win jobs at the end of this season.
Those who show promise will get first dibs on jobs next season.
Bonk probably won't arrive until 2025-26.

This is what smart rebuilding teams do, patch with veterans on short, low cost contracts and bring up kids when they're ready. Rushing prospects rarely works out.

Sometimes young players force your hand - if Brink is scoring at close to a ppg at ES, he won't be in LHV for long.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

giphy.gif

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Those who show promise will get first dibs on jobs next season.
Bonk probably won't arrive until 2025-26.

This is what smart rebuilding teams do, patch with veterans on short, low cost contracts and bring up kids when they're ready. Rushing prospects rarely works out.

Sometimes young players force your hand - if Brink is scoring at close to a ppg at ES, he won't be in LHV for long.
well the flyer are not smart nor are they rebuilding. You flat out know they will not have the lineup at the end of the year you projected in your post. Will it shock you if Seeler is re-signed or Staal not moved?

Grans also had a down year last year. IMO he isnt even in the equation as of yet.

At what point does one stop saying rush prospects that are 23 or 24 years old?

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
well the flyer are not smart nor are they rebuilding. You flat out know they will not have the lineup at the end of the year you projected in your post. Will it shock you if Seeler is re-signed or Staal not moved?

Grans also had a down year last year. IMO he isnt even in the equation as of yet.

At what point does one stop saying rush prospects that are 23 or 24 years old?
Depends on the player. Some are ready early, others need seasoning.

Attard was a late bloomer, 19 when he had his breakout USHL season, 3 college seasons but was used as a "rover" so never developed good fundamentals. So he's a year or two behind schedule.

It would shok me if Seeler is resigned to anything other than a two way deal for organizational depth (I can see an overpay to encourage him to play with their kids in the AHL), though I expect him to be moved like MacEwen and Brown last season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Last season at the end these six prospects had 23 games combined. :laugh:

Ginning - 1 game
Attard - 2 games
Zamula - 3 games
Desnoyers - 4 games
Lycksell - 5 games
Foerster - 8 games

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Depends on the player. Some are ready early, others need seasoning.

Attard was a late bloomer, 19 when he had his breakout USHL season, 3 college seasons but was used as a "rover" so never developed good fundamentals. So he's a year or two behind schedule.

It would shok me if Seeler is resigned to anything other than a two way deal for organizational depth (I can see an overpay to encourage him to play with their kids in the AHL), though I expect him to be moved like MacEwen and Brown last season.
2 year deal at 1.1 per for seeler is very possible.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Late to the game but this is what Jamey has for the lineup tonight in Allentown.

Waiting on the 2nd period…

Matt Brown scored the 1st goal of the game for the Flyers.

1-0 Philly after 1st period.

Reactions: tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Foerster and Desnoyers have been real solid this period. Barkey and Brink have both been really good. Matt Brown is flying around but hes probably trying the hardest, everyone else is already in the system more or less. Bonk has been impressive, Tuomaala is the fastest kid alive, Ciernik has made a couple really smart plays with the puck. Everyone looks like they belong which is a good sign, and a few people have really stood out which is ever better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad