Training Camp 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Matti Mich

Jul 19, 2023
I think it'll be interesting to see who gets the extra look on D in both of the rookie games. I would imagine that Andrae plays in both, but who of Bonk, Grans and Ginning also sees both games. Could be a situation where one of the invites on D doesn't see a game to allow for more of the top guys. but then why invite them to camp?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I think it'll be interesting to see who gets the extra look on D in both of the rookie games. I would imagine that Andrae plays in both, but who of Bonk, Grans and Ginning also sees both games. Could be a situation where one of the invites on D doesn't see a game to allow for more of the top guys. but then why invite them to camp?
everyone with an invite will get ice time in one or both of the games, but this is the first time the coaches get to see where everyone is at developmentally in game situations with all their peers since drills can only tell you so much

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
everyone with an invite will get ice time in one or both of the games, but this is the first time the coaches get to see where everyone is at developmentally in game situations with all their peers since drills can only tell you so much
some kill it in drills suck in games. Vice versa. The practices and games are not a good indicator for evaluating some say.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
some kill it in drills suck in games. Vice versa. The practices and games are not a good indicator for evaluating some say.
is this a troll comment? where else can you evaluate hockey players other than hockey practices and hockey games where theres hockey being played by the hockey players?

Matti Mich

Jul 19, 2023

They only have 13 forward invites, so that should be easy to sort. I would guess Bonk is the other D that sees both games. Shiny new toy and all.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Atkinson and Coots participated in the informal scrimmage/practice with other vets before rookie camp started

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd expect Andrae, Ginning and Grans to play together in LHV this season.
Zamula is a lock, so unless Andrae blows them away, likely to start in LHV.

But Walker and Seeler will be dangled as trade bait (PO team injuries create markets every year for depth D-men), and Staal isn't going to block anyone.

So could see
York - Attard
Risto - Sanheim
Zamula/Andrae/Grans/Ginning
come March.

[I pair Attard with York b/c he needs someone smart enough to CYA for him]

• Haha
Reactions: Curufinwe

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I'd expect Andrae, Ginning and Grans to play together in LHV this season.
Zamula is a lock, so unless Andrae blows them away, likely to start in LHV.

But Walker and Seeler will be dangled as trade bait (PO team injuries create markets every year for depth D-men), and Staal isn't going to block anyone.

So could see
York - Attard
Risto - Sanheim
Zamula/Andrae/Grans/Ginning
come March.

[I pair Attard with York b/c he needs someone smart enough to CYA for him]
so lets say for arguments sake that is the lineup come march. how many of those do you expect to be in the top 6 the following season?

Better chance of seeing god than that lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad