Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I mean maybe but Korpisalo has zero to negative value so they won't get any value there. Murray won't help them much other than being cheaper and his value isn't really all that good. He's a reclamation project.
I’m sorry and you can call me petty, but seeing those words attributed to the Boston Bruins, and knowing they may be looking at $13m for their goalie tandem just makes me so happy.

Call me petty, but that’s a rare and wonderful stink for the Bruins to have hanging over them…..

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Eh, higher draft pedigree and better (limited) numbers. I think Knies would consider 5-6ish mil on 6-7 years. 8 would up it a bit

I'd easily go for an 8 year deal between 6 and 7M as well. Guenther got 8 years 7M for about 80 games and the career high of 35 points. Guenther did it in 45 games vs 80 games for Knies so that's a big factor to take into account. Draft pedigree definitely in favour of Guenther for sure but I think Knies would still get close to that. A risky long-term signing with a lot of potential to be a great deal in due time.

Last edited:

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I’d love to move on from Kampf and focus on developing Holmberg in his place, even if you take a short term loss in impact.

You have Dewar/Holmberg/Lorentz* all capable of doing spot duty at 4C. Quillan/Minten also project to fit there in 1-2 years.

It’s not outlandish to think he can handle that assignment after playing nearly 40GP two years in a row, plus 7 playoff games.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd easily go for an 8 year deal between 6 and 7M as well. Guenther got 8 years 7M for about 80 games and the career high of 35 points. Guenther did it in 45 games vs 80 games for Knies so that's a big factor to take into account. Draft pedigree definitely in favour of Guenther for sure but I think Knies would still get close to that. A risky long-term signing with a lot of potential to be a great deal in due time.

I think I would go 5M x 6-8 years on Knies, I don't think he has Guenther's offensive upside but he plays a style of game everyone likes.

I’d love to move on from Kampf and focus on developing Holmberg in his place, even if you take a short term loss in impact.

You have Dewar/Holmberg/Lorentz* all capable of doing spot duty at 4C. Quillan/Minten also project to fit there in 1-2 years.

It’s not outlandish to think he can handle that assignment after playing nearly 40GP two years in a row, plus 7 playoff games.

I think Kampf is likely to stick this year but I legit think Minten and Quilan could be our 3 and 4C next year.

They should both get lots of reps on the PK with the Marlies so they can assume those duties in the NHL.

ouryear

Sep 21, 2024
I think with our depth and the additions of guys like dewar holmberg grebinkin Cowan and mitten then Kampf and jarnkrok are redundant and that 4.5 million could be used to push us over the top once and for all .
I think this is our year if we use the cap and trades properly

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I think with our depth and the additions of guys like dewar holmberg grebinkin Cowan and mitten then Kampf and jarnkrok are redundant and that 4.5 million could be used to push us over the top once and for all .
I think this is our year if we use the cap and trades properly
I would add Lorentz to that list of players that make Kampf and Jarnkrok expendable. When is the right timing though? Now for draft picks so we can accrue space? Or later in the season when teams might pay more for quality veterans?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad