Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don’t know what Zadorov will end up getting but I’d rather sign him than OEL for Christ’s sake.

I;d walk away from Tanev

Sign Lindholm + Zadorov + Backup + depth forwards + Boosh

OUT: Kampf+Jarnkrok = 4.5M to make these transitions

Next Season when Tavares and Marner are off teh cap Leafs can build the bottom 6 and Defense.

We get a 2C and a top4D and our left side will be ok with Rielly, Zadorov, Benoit, on the right Boosh, Lily, McCabe

Next leafs are ging to CHOKE again given tavares and marner are not waiving and still here. So wait jt out and plan for 2025-06 season. Linholm is a 2C that is available is a golden opportunity IMO and we should be on it and not on freakin' Tanev ffs.

Reactions: ULF_55

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The thing with Tanev as well, is what are the chances it doesn't go the way of Hainsey (age with a dramatic decline in play) or Muzzin (chronic injury due to style/longevity).

That's the risk with free agency and competing with other teams. Like you can't predict what will happen and you need to pay players to want to go to your team.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
That's the risk with free agency and competing with other teams. Like you can't predict what will happen and you need to pay players to want to go to your team.
It's always the risk but it's riskier dealing with mid 30 players instead of high 20/low30s

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
I;d walk away from Tanev

Sign Lindholm + Zadorov + Backup + depth forwards + Boosh

OUT: Kampf+Jarnkrok = 4.5M to make these transitions

Next Season when Tavares and Marner are off teh cap Leafs can build the bottom 6 and Defense.

We get a 2C and a top4D and our left side will be ok with Rielly, Zadorov, Benoit, on the right Boosh, Lily, McCabe

Next leafs are ging to CHOKE again given tavares and marner are not waiving and still here. So wait jt out and plan for 2025-06 season. Linholm is a 2C that is available is a golden opportunity IMO and we should be on it and not on freakin' Tanev ffs.
Brother Tanev is already a done deal sorry.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I would've much rather have paid extra for Montour at this point. Balances out handedness and can have a puck mover paired with a stay at home type on every pair. OEL just makes 0 sense unless he plays RD well

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
um buddy - for 2 years max. The dude is thirty f***ing four. You don't know if he's going to fall off a cliff as soon as next year like brodie. And how the f*** is he worth 6-7 when pesce was 5.5 and slaving 6.5.
Because he's better then Pesce and Slavin even at 34... Which is obviously the plan do I need to say it slowly for you.... Tanev know's he's not playing 6 more years... It's his last and final contract and he's getting his money he ain't taking a discount. He will retire or LTIR after a couple of years.... .

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: ER89

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Treliving needs to salvage this off-season. If Ross Colton is available, go grab him now.

Use Liljegeren, Robertson, Kampf , Jarnkrok, Marlies, Picks.....cook up a deal.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Not happy with paying 7m for a bottom D pairing.
They’re gonna be the second pair, and move the puck well.
People crapped on Lili for passing off under pressure, but that’s the play. His partners couldn’t accept passes in the po’s.
He plays well with someone who can move the puck too - so good with Sandin, for example.
Not worried, intrigued.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That liljegren contract hampering us today big time.

#7 dman for 3 mil, and miss out on pesce/roy/zadorov

Liljegren played 2 more minutes TOI/G than Zadorov did just last season and was a better defensive player.

He's most certainly not a 7th D. Come on. I know people start to hate players and just throw random stuff to confirm their bias but this is a little much.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
That liljegren contract hampering us today big time.

#7 dman for 3 mil, and miss out on pesce/roy/zadorov

Liljegren contract doesn’t stop us from doing any of those signings today. People forget we were well over the cap last year after signing Domi and Bertuzzi and it got sorted out. We also have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes with depth players who are overpaid or even the marner situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad