Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Liljegren played 2 more minutes TOI/G than Zadorov did just last season and was a better defensive player.

He's most certainly not a 7th D. Come on. I know people start to hate players and just throw random stuff to confirm their bias but this is a little much.
He was so shit that we had to bench him in the playoffs, meanwhile Zadorov wad leading defenseman in scoring

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
That's the risk with free agency and competing with other teams. Like you can't predict what will happen and you need to pay players to want to go to your team.
Well, you can say "no".

But weighing the probability of it and then signing a guy until he's 40. I know the last years are bum years (that the league may look at), and there's LTIR (which is a farce); it's just a lackluster assessment of hockey, in my opinion.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He was so shit that we had to bench him in the playoffs, meanwhile Zadorov wad leading defenseman in scoring

Zadorov was so shit in the regular season Vancouver almost dumped in to grab someone else.

He did well in the playoffs for sure, while the Leafs were awful. Liljegren might have struggled in the playoffs but he's certainly not some depth defenseman just because of a very short sample size thing... and he's much younger.

Reactions: stickty111

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
People like me call his ass out and literally dont talk to him or know how to get a hold of his ass.

How is he overpaid by 3M? Dude gets paid 11m. 11 f***ing million to play caspar in the playoffs.

blaming fans is so stupid. Why dont the yankees or lakers have issues attracting players? Their fanbase is more rabid?

What a stupid f***ing comment. Get your head outta your ass and understand management incompetency.

I hate when people use the lakers or Yankees. Those fans literally do not give two shits what their players make. Salary cap is a non factor in those leagues so it’s not the same. The NHL’s salary cap has made fans so obsessed with how much a player makes and the associate everything the players do to the salary they make.

I bet if you polled 100 Yankees fans maybe 5 could tell you off the top of their head how much Juan Soto makes per year.

If you polled 100 lakers fans maybe 2 could tell you what Anthony Davis makes per year.

Reactions: Forgotusername

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I find it crazy we got Berube as a head coach, and we haven't gotten him Berube type of players

Reactions: Al14

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Well, you can say "no".

But weighing the probability of it and then signing a guy until he's 40. I know the last years are bum years (that the league may look at), and there's LTIR (which is a farce); it's just a lackluster assessment of hockey, in my opinion.

If the Leafs keep saying no, they won't sign anyone.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I think some of what's going down is just simply certain guys didn't want to come to Toronto.

They dont want everything that comes with it... and just this thread alone shows some of that lol. Kidding around.

Truth is .... if you come to Toronto you have to deal with some really passionate fans and the media is full of a lot of derp derps. Other reasons too but I don't think a lot of guys want that type of pressure etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad