Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Tre is “shipping” the bed. Losing out on everything.

This draft is a total bust.

Tre messed up . He should have just drafted at 23 or traded the pick outright with sweeteners to get Askarov or Mcagroarty.

No way he’s happy with Danford.

He was most likely hoping that he’d be able to land Emery at 31 and then with the other pick (58) he had someone in mind until they too were drafted and made a rushed deal to recoup another 2nd. Florida most likely is top of the league again and it’ll be a late pick. Sideways move at best.

Treliving draft = sucks

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Looks like Tampa is all set to make some waves in free agency.

Good for them to walk away from that contract. Serg is a great player, but injuries are a concern with him

He really hasn't taken that next step. Hedmen and Stamkos are still Tampa's focus

They played the about 60% year without Serg last year. They know they can fill that role

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Tre needs to do something bc it seems like a lot of teams are willing to trade picks for players

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Looks like Tampa is all set to make some waves in free agency.

And with their core, warm weather, and tax-friendly status, pretty sure they'll be able to land some quality players for reasonable caphits.

With Geekie and others on cheap ELCs, they may have just reopened their window, provided free agency goes well for them (which I think it probably will).

Reactions: TheShape

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Good for them to walk away from that contract. Serg is a great player, but injuries are a concern with him

He really hasn't taken that next step. Hedmen and Stamkos are still Tampa's focus

They played the about 60% year without Serg last year. They know they can fill that role

Guessing the Hedman contract will be massive but doesn’t require Sergachev to be carved out from the cap structure.

Stammer won’t be making his current deal so that would take care of itself.

My intuition they are going after some of the guys Toronto has been after. Maybe drive up the price on Zadorov and try to grab one of our Domi Bertuzzi free agents.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Guessing the Hedman contract will be massive but doesn’t require Sergachev to be carved out from the cap structure.

Stammer won’t be making his current deal so that would take care of itself.

My intuition they are going after some of the guys Toronto has been after. Maybe drive up the price on Zadorov and try to grab one of our Domi Bertuzzi free agents.

I can definitely see them going after Bertz. That has Tampa written all over it

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
The trading of our 58th OA pick in this years draft for a 2nd rounder in next years draft, likely around the same spot as 58 and only receiving a 7th as compensation is not a good return IMO.

Either they were not thrilled with the available talent at that point in the draft, or they needed a future 2nd rounder to make another deal work down the line. Whether that’s in the immediate or at the TDL is yet to be determined.

Either way, a 7th rounder is just not enough IMO.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
The trading of our 58th OA pick in this years draft for a 2nd rounder in next years draft, likely around the same spot as 58 and only receiving a 7th as compensation is not a good return IMO.

Either they were not thrilled with the available talent at that point in the draft, or they needed a future 2nd rounder to make another deal work down the line. Whether that’s in the immediate or at the TDL is yet to be determined.

Either way, a 7th rounder is just not enough IMO.
I've seen picks being traded straight up for eachother in different years. Same as EDM did this year for 32 OV.

It especially makes sense if we didn't have anyone overly interesting on our board at 58.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Tre is “shipping” the bed. Losing out on everything.

This draft is a total bust.

Tre messed up . He should have just drafted at 23 or traded the pick outright with sweeteners to get Askarov or Mcagroarty.

No way he’s happy with Danford.

He was most likely hoping that he’d be able to land Emery at 31 and then with the other pick (58) he had someone in mind until they too were drafted and made a rushed deal to recoup another 2nd. Florida most likely is top of the league again and it’ll be a late pick. Sideways move at best.

Treliving draft = sucks

the only thing he's lost out on that I wanted was Marino

Missing out on Marino bothers me but I'm not worried about missing on Sergachev because I doubt Tampa was trading him in the division, and I didn't even want Hayes, Jeanote would have been OK but not at almost 3 million.

he hasn't really missed out on much, but yes missing out on Marino sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad