Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I'm begging for a core player change

Failing that I'd like to see some 2025 picks recovered

I really don't think a core player change happens..although Ill always remember Schenn for JVR happening in Day 2..the core move seems more complicated than that one.

Think you'll see more on July 1st or 2nd if it happens at all.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
They’ll want too much money. Zadorov at his current salary ~ 3.75 is all they should offer, but singing a 5-7 D through UFA is a waste.
Part of me wants Tre to spend enough on FA’s this year and pick up a trade deadline player so that there’s no possibility or money to resigning Marner next year. These idiots need to save themselves from making another overpayment to 16………..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
34th in the league last year, 5v5 points/60.

We can’t score, and here is this guy in the top ten percentile in the league in scoring for the time he is on the ice and we can’t wait to rush him out the door.
Regular season stats haven’t equated to playoffs points though. Leafs make the playoffs without Marner, Leafs choke in the playoffs with Marner………..

If the Rangers retain, why not take Trouba and try to get back into the playoffs.
He won’t play in Canada, I know Berube would love to have him on the team though……….

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Part of me wants Tre to spend enough on FA’s this year and pick up a trade deadline player so that there’s no possibility or money to resigning Marner next year. These idiots need to save themselves from making another overpayment to 16………..
Over payments to Taney and Zadorov is a waste time and money.

Their problems on D are not the 5 through healthy scratch players. They need 1 through 3. Tanev is OK but he’s 35 and should sign with a team that’s contending this year. By the time the Leafs’ window opens he’ll be 37 and an anchor that they’ll be looking to move.

Regular season stats haven’t equated to playoffs points though. Leafs make the playoffs without Marner, Leafs choke in the playoffs with Marner………..

He won’t play in Canada, I know Berube would love to have him on the team though……….
I get Detroit is a crap hole, but it’s in the US….

Reactions: HolyCrap

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Their problems on D are not the 5 through healthy scratch players. They need 1 through 3. Tanev is OK but he’s 35 and should sign with a team that’s contending this year. By the time the Leafs’ window opens he’ll be 37 and an anchor that they’ll be looking to move.

I didn’t say anything about overpayments, I said use up all the cap, that can be done wisely if you have a brain………

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I didn’t say anything about overpayments, I said use up all the cap, that can be done wisely if you have a brain………
They’re are not many available UFAs that help them for the next 4 yrs. Why not give Lily 4 x 13, he’s a good kid.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I can now see why Flames fans said Treliving is the expert in deals that “almost” get done. Damn this guy does nothing 99% of the time. Where are the trades? I thought this team was going to get overhauled

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
This needed to be done last off-season, once that full N/M kicked in your at the mercy of the player and what he wants

If he won't cooperate we're screwed
right. and you’ve gotta think the relationship is also strained now between team and player. These NTC create resent once the player’s toe is tagged and the fan base/mgmt wants him out.

Reactions: Kiwi

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Should we be blaming Robertson on the teams lack of scoring ? A rookie, who didn’t get PP time, despite his offensive tools? That didn’t make sense to me at all.

A rookie gets 7 games, and because he doesn’t score, he’s done. Meanwhile, the core hasn’t been good enough for years. You give guys with high offensive potential more runway than that, particularly when your team absolutely needs that potential.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
right. and you’ve gotta think the relationship is also strained now between team and player. These NTC create resent once the player’s toe is tagged and the fan base/mgmt wants him out.
The owners would be better off increasing the percentage a HRR that goes to the cap and limiting or even eliminating no trade clauses.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

Neither of those D-men are "5 through healthy scratch", and it's clear you've not been to Detroit any time recently.

You could've kept your ignorance a secret, but couldn't help yourself :laugh:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
They’re are not many available UFAs that help them for the next 4 yrs. Why not give Lily 4 x 13, he’s a good kid.
What’s four years got to do with it? Lilly isn’t worth his current salary let alone a penny more. Your not making any sense or is that your point?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

When was the last time you were there. It has completely changed around the arena. Its amazing. You feel completely safe walking around. Totally different than 2010

Reactions: Evilhomer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad