Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Just remember the team may try to keep a spot open for Cowan or Grebyonkin

They may force Robertson to sign something to, basically tell him to get his ass here and perform so we can trade him for a decent asset
Hopefully Robertson is the bait they use to trade Kampf and/or Jarnkrok.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The next moves will rely on what salary Tre can move. Looks like he’s secured his top targets, so we may not see a deal the rest of the day.

Considered me whelmed.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Would be nice to see Toronto trade Kampf, Reaves, Timmins or so and try to add a 3C in Wennberg, Roslovic, Henrique.

Also as far as Toronto FA, They are a better team on the back end then they were in game 7 last year. I'd rather OEL then Edmunsson on that 3.8m x 4 in LA.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Would be nice to see Toronto trade Kampf, Reaves, Timmins or so and try to add a 3C in Wennberg, Roslovic, Henrique.

Also as far as Toronto FA, They are a better team on the back end then they were in game 7 last year. I'd rather OEL then Edmunsson on that 3.8m x 4 in LA.
A 3C would be nice and I wouldn't complain, but even better would be a 2C the likes of Stephenson, that moves Tavares down into that 3C role.

Reactions: aingefan

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
A 3C would be nice and I wouldn't complain, but even better would be a 2C the likes of Stephenson, that moves Tavares down into that 3C role.
Well yes, I'd agree. But Toronto has about 850k in cap space right now. He's going to make around 5m per. Toronto doesn't have the room for that. I think you can get a 3C for around 3.5m.

Curious to see what the lesser players make and get after July 1st. Toronto needs to get a top 9 forward here on the cheap IMO.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Is Toronto starting to be impacted by the “don’t want to sign in Canada” group? How tf did our free agency look like this……. Pesce was a “target” all year and sign with a team he’d be buried on and we didn’t get any of the known targets. Also we had to overpay Tanev like crazy to come….

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Well yes, I'd agree. But Toronto has about 850k in cap space right now. He's going to make around 5m per. Toronto doesn't have the room for that. I think you can get a 3C for around 3.5m.

Curious to see what the lesser players make and get after July 1st. Toronto needs to get a top 9 forward here on the cheap IMO.
I already showed how you make it work. Trade Jarnkrok and Kampf. This group fits under the $88,000,000 cap.

Domi-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Stephenson-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-McMann
Dewar-Holmberg-Grebyonkin

That group is an upgrade down the middle from last year, while making small but meaningful upgrades to the defense core with the additions of Tanev and OEL.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Screenshot 2024-07-01 130724.png

🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐

• Haha
Reactions: Burnie97

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad