Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Wow Chychrun given away

Someone called Washington having a big offseason
WTF?? 5.5m AAV for Pesce. You can't compete when you overpay most of your team. Keefe's firing was a blessing for him.

The Devils have added a critical player to their blue-line group, inking former Hurricanes blueliner Brett Pesce to a six-year, $33 million contract.

I think Pesce took a discount to go there, no interest in Canada

Reactions: ToneDog

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
This team got

Incredibly soft on the back end. And if you think they can beat boston this year you are absolutely delusional. I'll be the drama queen and you can live in fantasy land.
You are a drama queen for sure... You don't even know what the final roster is going to look like this is the first day of free agency and your losing your mind lol Vancouver had Zadarov.... they lost...

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Domi, Tanev, OEL, Stolarz, Murray.

Domi is probably the best signing of them all. Tanev's will be fine for a couple years and then he'll impossible to move as his career slides as he approaches 40. OEL is a band-aid. Stolarz is ok for a back up. Murray resigning makes no sense. I guess they dont have confidence Woll will be healthy. But even if Woll goes down, Murray isnt exactly good. Stolarz is equal to him anyway. I guess there's no goalies left and they dont want Sammy no matter what.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm jealous ..

1719851629992.png

Boston gets to add 2 key core players for $12.75 mil combined and Marner has a +$12 mil ask,

Between Lindholm 2-way checking and Zadorov big physical style that would be multiple aspects that would make Marner invisible in any playoff series.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Will he? He looked pretty underwhelming with Vancouver tbh and that’s a lot of term for an aging guy.
In Van he was never "the guy" and only centered the third line or on the wing on the top lines. Hes probably worth 6.5m so its not that massive an over payment. That said, Zacha and Coyle are now slotted properly.

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Overall I’m quite happy with our UFA so far. We added a top RHD and a pick moving d who can score from the back end. Didn’t hand out any nasty contracts. It’s quite obvious the plan is to spend money in 2025 which has a way better UFA crop and we will have 22 million coming off the books from Marner and Tavares

Reactions: mmalady and pdson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad