Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] G Cam Talbot signs with the Red Wings (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Talbot is the classic regular season goalie who is useless in the playoffs because his tendencies are so easily exploitable. In that sense it kind of makes sense for Detroit as he can be useful in getting them into the dance, just do not rely on him in the actual playoffs.

Reactions: Laus723

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Some of you are hilarious. Signing a goalie that had 27 wins and .913% to a 2.5 million dollar deal is a bad move?
He's 37 years old this season! Wings better keep him playing under 41 games. I might also point out the Wings don't play a defense first type game. In fact they play the opposite with a very aggressive offensive attack. Don't be shocked if Talbot's numbers are worse this coming season.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
He's 37 years old this season! Wings better keep him playing under 41 games. I might also point out the Wings don't play a defense first type game. In fact they play the opposite with a very aggressive offensive attack. Don't be shocked if Talbot's numbers are worse this coming season.
He's not going to play 41 games Alex Lyon is the starter and yah his numbers will go down. But I bet he will be a solid backup which is literally the point.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
He's the best goalie they've had in years. Hard to see that as anything but a win. Good money too. If they can fix the defense they could actually make the cut this year

• Haha
Reactions: stlwahoo

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Talbot is the classic regular season goalie who is useless in the playoffs because his tendencies are so easily exploitable. In that sense it kind of makes sense for Detroit as he can be useful in getting them into the dance, just do not rely on him in the actual playoffs.

Sounds like a plan.

They have 4 different options for the playoffs.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Some of you are hilarious. Signing a goalie that had 27 wins and .913% to a 2.5 million dollar deal is a bad move?
In a vacuum it’s a good deal.

When this just means we’re going to be running 3 backup goalies in rotation again most likely then I really hate it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad