Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
As Mirtle and Bunkis discussed today, if you are going to let him walk, you might as well get the best you can for him. My concern is nobody wants to pay what he is worth which is not close to what he wants.

Tre needs to find a GM hot for Marner or he's playing out the year and walking for nothing.
They ll pay what he's worth ,not what he wants
If he said, 9x8 it'd be done 1201am July 1

Reactions: ToneDog

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
They also said take the loss but make sure you do not get embarrassed (you know like they did for Kadri).

Yeah, that would be so Leafy. Let's pay him $12+m to avoid being embarrassed in a trade. Being embarrassed in the playoffs is OK though.
Sorry I could've been more clear. I mean Marner might just veto any trade if the return was soft and then walk into UFA. Lose year 8 and not have it listed forever as you were traded for Tyson Barrie and a 2nd round pick in the prime of your career.

Reactions: ToneDog

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Marner ( sign & trade 7 yrs x 12 million ) & the 23rd overall pick in the 2024 NHL draft to Buffalo for Byram & Greenway

Leafs sign Skinner after he is bought out by Buffalo

Leafs sign Montour & Stamkos as UFA's

Skinner Matthews Nylander
Robertson Stamkos Cowan
Knies Tavares McMann
Greenway Holmberg Reaves

Reilly Montour
McCabe Byram
Benoit Liljegren
Webber

Woll Hildeby

1st PP : Matthews, Nylander, Samkos, Skinner & Montour

2nd PP : Tavares, Cowan, Robertson, Knies & Reilly
Another dumb trade proposal from this obvious sock puppet account.

Of course trading Kampf & Jarncrock another 4.5 million saved, Skinner @ 4.5 million x 2 years. After the 6 million in raises to Matthews & Nylander

giphy.gif

Reactions: HolyCrap

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If the previous management had done anything, like literally anything to help address this teams' needs over their 5 year term, we'd have a chance at being able to do what is needed this summer.

As it stands right now there is way, way, way too much to accomplish in 1 or 2 offseasons. Almost seems pointless

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
On the goaltending front, you have this depth:

NHL:

- Woll
-

AHL:
- Hildeby
- Petruzzelli (RFA)

ECHL
-Peksa

With Akhtiamov coming over. Does he starting the AHL or ECHL? I guess that's for training camp to decide?

I imagine we will see a veteran AHL type of goalie brought in that could act as a #3 but not block Hildeby if he performs well? Someone that could slide through waivers?

Jones would be ok as a returnee. Other names of interest:

- Drieger
- Subban

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
If the previous management had done anything, like literally anything to help address this teams' needs over their 5 year term, we'd have a chance at being able to do what is needed this summer.

As it stands right now there is way, way, way too much to accomplish in 1 or 2 offseasons. Almost seems pointless
"We were right there"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::help:

With Akhtiamov coming over. Does he starting the AHL or ECHL? I guess that's for training camp to decide?
This is the Leafs son, Akhtyamov is our new starter and saviour!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

NHL:

- Woll
-

AHL:
- Hildeby
- Petruzzelli (RFA)

ECHL
-Peksa

I imagine we will see a veteran AHL type of goalie brought in that could act as a #3 but not block Hildeby if he performs well? Someone that could slide through waivers?

- Drieger
- Subban

I think Jones will get an offer to be a backup somewhere. Someone like Subban could be if interest.... Wonder if they'd consider Murray - he'd likely be waiver safe which is half the need of the #3

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Interesting rumour that the Canucks have a deal lined up with Chicago to send Mikheyev, Lafferty, and a 2nd for a 4th.

Damn nice bit of business for Vancouver if they can pull that off.

Reactions: aingefan

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think Jones will get an offer to be a backup somewhere. Someone like Subban could be if interest.... Wonder if they'd consider Murray - he'd likely be waiver safe which is half the need of the #3

Murry, despite his tumultuous time here, isn't a bad call. He can try to rehab his game down in the AHL and has Cup experience too.

I'm ok with it.

Reactions: aingefan

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Makes some sense for Chicago to, they need players and Mikheyev isn't the worst player to bank on bouncing back

Him with some retention would make a nice deadline piece too. Could net a 2nd or 3rd on his own.

Great move for the Hawks... move up in the draft. Didn't get greedy with the ask.

Reactions: Rocker13 and Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Him with some retention would make a nice deadline piece too. Could net a 2nd or 3rd on his own.

Great move for the Hawks... move up in the draft. Didn't get greedy with the ask.
He seems like a good team man to, not a bad guy to have around your young developing guys

Reactions: Rocker13

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Utah apparently is heavily interested in trade for a top pairing defensemen.

A big change could be to swing Rielly for a nice premium in a blue line overhaul.

If I am Tre,

I have the same willingness to move Morgan as I do Marner, and there is absolutely a market for Mo.

I move both without hesitation, and both to add more balance to the roster.

Am I looking for an immediate replacement? No.

But with the assets accumulated and the cap space spared, there is a lot to work with.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare

NHL:

- Woll
-

AHL:
- Hildeby
- Petruzzelli (RFA)

ECHL
-Peksa

- Drieger
- Subban
They may sign an extra goaltender to an NHL contract to buffer between the prospects and Leafs, but I don't think they need one. Hildeby and Akhtyamov are coming off a starter's workload against strong competition. Whichever of them is playing the best should be good enough.

Sign an AHL contract or two that can compete with Peksa for ice time.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I am so jealous of the canucks. :( leaf fan but live out here in the west. They will be much better after july 1, now ill have to listen to the fans even more ugh

Wish we found teams to take our junk and give us cap space.

Reactions: HolyCrap

leaffann

Jun 23, 2024
Another dumb trade proposal from this obvious sock puppet account.

giphy.gif
Skinner, Stamkos, Montour, Byram & Greenway
vs
Marner, Kampf, Jarncrock, Domi, Bertuzzi, Brodie & Giordano

Skinner had 24 goals last season maybe better linemates brings those totals to 30 +

Stamkos had 40 goals last season with 41 assists in 79 games still a point per game player. Offers leadership & a Championship pedigree.

Montour also a Stanley Cup champion & the most coveted UFA defenseman. Only a season removed from having over 70 pts.

Greenway is a beast at 6 ' 6 " he had 28 pts in 67 games so can also move up in the lineup in case of injuries, that is also true of Homberg & the entire 3rd line

Leafs suddenly because that much bigger & tougher to play against with the additions of Montour, Stamkos & Greenway with current roster played Knies, McMann, McCabe, Benoit & maybe some playing time for Cade Webber @ 6 ' 7 ".

Buffalo has defensive depth they are stacked, so although you generally prefer to not trade within your division or conference trade works for both clubs. Byram originally on the Avalanche was traded for Casey Middlestat, both players have very bright futures.

Buffalo needs bums in the seats a Marner helps that, Leafs need the cap space & they need defensive upgrades.

Bold moves are needed if Leaf's have any chance at a Cup

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They may sign an extra goaltender to an NHL contract to buffer between the prospects and Leafs, but I don't think they need one. Hildeby and Akhtyamov are coming off a starter's workload against strong competition. Whichever of them is playing the best should be good enough.

Sign an AHL contract or two that can compete with Peksa for ice time.

That’s how I see it playing out

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If I am Tre,

I have the same willingness to move Morgan as I do Marner, and there is absolutely a market for Mo.

But with the assets accumulated and the cap space spared, there is a lot to work with.

I like what you’re putting down Chuck.. unfortunately management seems pretty tough to prey one core guy out let alone two.

But at least Tre is listening.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
If I am Tre,

Do you think Utah could be a viable option for Rielly? If so what comes back?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I am so jealous of the canucks. :( leaf fan but live out here in the west. They will be much better after july 1, now ill have to listen to the fans even more ugh

Wish we found teams to take our junk and give us cap space.
As of right now... yeah that's a great move for cap space. To ex Leafs lol.

Lots of time left to see what happens in the next few weeks but I feel like Leafs don't make a move like that very often.

There must be a real hate on for this team with others.

Seems some teams can maneuver so easily. Is it really the ownership being that shit? Hopefully Tre has some breathing room this off season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad