Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Anaheim/Chicago/ San Jose all need better goaltending.
I think his track record in the AHL speaks for itself, 48-17-8 record and a 2.55 GAA is damn good, considering the AHL is a more offensive league vs the NHL.
Next time the Bruins play watch him, his positioning, rebound control, ability to get back into position.

ANA- Gibson, Dotsal... which one is Bussi better than?
CHI- Brossoit, Mrazek, Soderblom- Maybe you think Bussi is better than Mrazek and Soderblom, it's a gamble to go with Bussi as your backup because you think he might be better. He's also a year older than Soderblom, so if you think "Hey he's a young goaltending prospect(he's not)" you already have one there under contract.
SJ- Blackwod, Vanecek, Askarov.. which of those guys does Bussi beat out?

There will be more proven goalies available on waivers, and younger guys with more perceived upside.

I highly doubt anyone takes Bussi, and like someone else says, if they do- good luck.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm actually curious to see more DiPietro now, maybe he'll be the backup until things are settled.
I think Swayman signs before opening night, but if not, they can't go into the season with Korpisalo/Dipietro. Whether that means claiming a more experience 3rd goalie off waivers or what, I don't know. I saw somewhere that supposedly the Bruins will deal Swayman if he's not signed. I can't believe that's true but going into the season for even 10 games with Korpisalo and one of the 2 Providence guys would be an epic fail.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Some people are already writing Bussi off.
I would still give him another game or two to see if he settles in
The game against New York ... people have said the team in front of him played poorly , disinterested. That New York was playing close to an NHL lineup.
Bussi seemed to be fighting the puck and giving up generous rebound.

It could be that he was trying too hard not to make a mistake and to impress, therefore wasn't playing his game - it happens ... especially with all the media hype saying he will be the back up if Swayman isn't signed. He has never played a game in the NHL. Historically it can take a goalie several games to adjust to the NHL game which is why they usually become backups first before advancing to starter, if ever.

I'm sure he's putting pressure on himself.
All I am saying is give him another game or two and see if he has learned anything from the experience. See if he makes the first save, stays within himself, and let's his defense and team in front of him help prevent that second and third attempt.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Some people are already writing Bussi off.
I would still give him another game or two to see if he settles in
The game against New York ... people have said the team in front of him played poorly , disinterested. That New York was playing close to an NHL lineup.
Bussi seemed to be fighting the puck and giving up generous rebound.

It could be that he was trying too hard not to make a mistake and to impress, therefore wasn't playing his game - it happens ... especially with all the media hype saying he will be the back up if Swayman isn't signed. He has never played a game in the NHL. Historically it can take a goalie several games to adjust to the NHL game which is why they usually become backups first before advancing to starter, if ever.

I'm sure he's putting pressure on himself.
All I am saying is give him another game or two and see if he has learned anything from the experience. See if he makes the first save, stays within himself, and let's his defense and team in front of him help prevent that second and third attempt.
He would get claimed right away is my bet.You covered it well in your post,I agree with you.

Reactions: JAD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad