Votes: 31 55.4%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Lmao people on here have to chill! Holy, you all sound like those fb group fans..... thought we were better on this forum...

When UFA opens, we see what we get. I am 100% sure that is what's causing the hold up on trading. We need to see whar we can get in UFA.... I know if we sign Domi, Roy and tanve, everyone will go back to Trev is awesome lol. Why don't we just all relax!

I’ve said the same. The UFA market is holding up a lot of the trades I think. Most of the ones we’re seeing right now either involve picks for this draft, clearing space for signings/re-signings.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I’ve said the same. The UFA market is holding up a lot of the trades I think. Most of the ones we’re seeing right now either involve picks for this draft, clearing space for signings/re-signings.

I mean would any of us have been all that upset about liquidating Jarnkrok, Timmins Kampf for a pick or 2?

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Yes. I mean why trade assists for something you could possibly get in ufa. Makes no sense. I think for D, we have a solid chance to improve in UFA and I feel like we have a few guys locked in

Reactions: ToneDog

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
In a matter of an hour Utah's D looks better than ours.
They really could have just kept Dubas is they were gonna run it back.
Dubas would've emptied what little draft capital we have left in our cupboards at the deadline. At least we're picking 8 times this draft and added a high pick next year.

Reactions: ToneDog

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
In a matter of an hour Utah's D looks better than ours.

Dubas would've emptied what little draft capital we have left in our cupboards at the deadline. At least we're picking 8 times this draft and added a high pick next year.

I don't know, maybe it's Shanny but christ, a team that doesn't have a real name has

Sergachev-Marino
X-Durzi
Valimaki-Kesselring

vs

Rielly-X
McCabe-X
Benoit-Liljegren (RFA)
Timmins

Even if you add Zadorov and Tanev into that group, I still feel better about Utah's group.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Reading this board's overreactions sometimes is comical. Remember last year when everyone was all over Tre for not doing anything pre-July 1? And then 3 days later he goes out and signs both Bertuzzi and Domi to very reasonable 1 year deals and then everything is hunky dory again. Remember the furor over Benoit's pre-season? f***, the media were still bringing that up on game 72 of the reg season as if it was still a concern! Meanwhile he had literally been one of the team's biggest bright spots ALL YEAR. but, but, but that pre-season though...durr

Marner, IF traded, was NEVER going to be traded before July 1 so just stop right now with the bitching over that.

And what if Marner does not waive? well then he becomes the villain and we all know how that will play out. And Tavares and his contract - still on the team at least one more year, we've known this - so live with it.

Ya'll are also fooling yourselves with Shanahan, IMHO. I firmly believe and for good reason, he has been neutered and probably no longer holds the strings as much as some imagine he does.

New CEO, new coach, new-ish GM. Let's give it some time and see where it goes before jumping off the bridge.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Reading this board's overreactions sometimes is comical. Remember last year when everyone was all over Tre for not doing anything pre-July 1? And then 3 days later he goes out and signs both Bertuzzi and Domi to very reasonable 1 year deals and then everything is hunky dory again. Remember the furor over Benoit's pre-season? f***, the media were still bringing that up on game 72 of the reg season as if it was still a concern! Meanwhile he had literally been one of the team's biggest bright spots ALL YEAR. but, but, but that pre-season though...durr

Marner, IF traded, was NEVER going to be traded before July 1 so just stop right now with the bitching over that.

And what if Marner does not waive? well then he becomes the villain and we all know how that will play out. And Tavares and his contract - still on the team at least one more year, we've known this - so live with it.

Ya'll are also fooling yourselves with Shanahan, IMHO. I firmly believe and for good reason, he has been neutered and probably no longer holds the strings as much as some imagine he does.

New CEO, new coach, new-ish GM. Let's give it some time and see where it goes before jumping off the bridge.

I’ll judge based on the roster we are icing game 1 of the regular season. And then again at the deadline. It’s a long offseason.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad