Let’s trash this deal as make it the biggest thing ever

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Reactions: CincoHolio

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
On a 5 year term, how low would the Aav have to be for you to be okay with it?

For me it would have 3 mill, maybe a little more

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
are we trading for tanev's rights to secure talking to him ahead of other teams, or are we going to give him an 8-year contract?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Lmfapoo you all were just fuming for not doing anything, now saying could we just have waited hahaha o God
I wasn't fuming lol... I want them to get a move on things but in this situation it seemed Tanev was already a lock to sign so what your saying is a bit disingenuous.

Reactions: Albz

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Liljegren kept losing puck battles and really fumbling routine things like passes.

Rielly also came up in a real bad environment on real bad teams.

We're a decent team and Liljegren still stands out for the wrong reasons at times.

I'm not advocating for trading Liljegren for a 7th round pick but if someone gives you a strong or good offer for him, I would absolutely consider it.

If Leafs can improve by trading Lily then I am all for it. I just think Lily has another gear if coached properly. He should be allowed to make mistakes and gain confidence. I always thought Lily lacked confidence playing for Keefe because he would turn a blind eye to glaring mistakes by everyone else but picked on a few players like Liljegren or scratching Kampf for the shit play of Marner for example.

Liljegren could be a late bloomer too. If his ask isn't terrible I'd give him another year or so to see what becomes of him.

Rielly played for terrible teams for sure but he at least had some consistency in terms of partners and was never scratched or sent to AHL. Liljegren has been a yo-yo so that could dent his confidence. Without confdience in the NHL players cannot really thrive IMO. You need to give Lily some confidence to make plays and see if he can put up a performance in a long run or this is it.... I am not convinced that this is it for Lily I think he has more to give

Reactions: aingefan

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
I wasn't fuming lol... I want them to get a move on things but in this situation it seemed Tanev was already a lock to sign so what your saying is a bit disingenuous.
Sorry not u, just fans on here in general lol. A 7th to get his rights isn't bad. Let's hope he signs 3x3 and nothing more lol

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Sorry not u, just fans on here in general lol. A 7th to get his rights isn't bad. Let's hope he signs 3x3 and nothing more lol
All good... fair enough lol. Yeah I'm worried about how many years and the hit.

It's sounding like it'll be 4 or 5 years ... if that's it I hope it's not for much.

Reactions: Albz

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Blowing assets on getting Tanev's rights apparently? Ugh.

A 7th is well worth getting the deal done and registered with Central Registry and not having a team with a ton of cap space come and force you to pay more than you need to

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Wasnt my first choice but I guess I'll just have to come around on this guy. He's obviously a tremendous player, I just hated how injury prone he is

Best Partner Reilly is gonna have ever, so lets see if the leafs can win a cup during his stay

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
"Announce the trade Brad."

"Sure thing Brendan. Will do!"

1000020912.png

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Dallas was also trying really hard to extend Klingberg too back in the day btw.... just saying.....

That cost Klingberg a lot of money, made some decent coin in Anaheim and that was it.

I suspect Tanev is going to give us 1-2 good years before he's done.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Treliving is a bigger moron than Dubas. Tanev is gonna crash and burn within a year or two. Injury prone player to boot

Really a very very very bad idea IMO

I really don’t think Tanev is gonna cost us that much. You guys find something to complain about all the time. Tanev and Rielly will be a great pair.

“We need a right hand dman who can play with Rielly”

Tre acquires one, “Tre is worse than Dubas” LOL make up your minds.

I’m glad we are not gonna over pay for Montour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad